• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Ranger mantras?

Canodiva1

So.
smile.gif

If I'm not mistaken, the Rangers have several different mantras. One is:

We are born of the stars.
We live in starlight.
We die in starlight.
All are One, sworn to the Shok Na.
We are Rangers.
We live for the One.
We die for the One.

Isn't there another one, something about walking in the places no one else walks? Or was that just something Marcus said?

Lindsey

------------------
If you're going to have delusions, you may as well go for the really satisfying ones.

There are many, probably more than are ever seen on the show!

Examples:
'We live for the One, we die for the one.'
'Itzil'Zha Veni. In Valen's name'

IIRC, Marcus goes on at length in one ep, Grey 17 I think, when he fights Neroon.
All I can say is that rangers must get some indoctrination!

WarpPig

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> "This may not be a good idea."

"We should learn about all the dark places here, since that is where we will do our work...
In the dark."

Tannier and Rastenn in Babylon 5:"Learning Curve"

Dukhat once told me: 'If you can create sufficient fear in your enemies, you may not have to fight them. Always remember that terror is also a form of communication.'

Delenn to Sheridan in Babylon 5:"The Paragon of Animals" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

"I am a Ranger. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge and no one may pass. We live for the One, we die for the One."

Ha! You were right, it was from Grey 17 is Missing.
smile.gif

Yes, the Rangers seem to have many sayings, and a few mantras.
smile.gif

L

------------------
If you're going to have delusions, you may as well go for the really satisfying ones.

Maybe after Ivanova takes over as Ranger One, the mantra will be-

'Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.'

------------------
Never start a fight, but ALWAYS finish it.

Cern- They just aired that episode on Sci Fi yesterday.
smile.gif
It was great to see it again.

Lindsey

------------------

For those of us writing degree theses:

We are born of the thesis.
We live in academia.
We die in academia.
We are Stressed, sworn to the Readers.
We are Seniors.
We live for the Defense.
We die for the Defense.

Or...

My Reader is always right. I will listen to my Reader. I will not ignore my Reader's recommendations. My Reader is God. And if this ever happens again, my Reader will personally rip this draft apart.

Is there anyone on this board that can sympathize?
smile.gif

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire, the next JMS, neo-academic, President of the Unofficial Ladies' Society For The Appreciation Of Captain Martel, and keeper of the Sacred Flame Of The Madrecasa.

God, I love college.

I honestly do.

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire, the next JMS, neo-academic, President of the Unofficial Ladies' Society For The Appreciation Of Captain Martel, and keeper of the Sacred Flame Of The Madrecasa.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> We are born of the thesis.
We live in academia.
We die in academia.
We are Stressed, sworn to the Readers.
We are Seniors.
We live for the Defense.
We die for the Defense.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You left out:

We stand in the Cafeteria and No One may pass.

We stand in the Library and No One may pass.

Etc.
wink.gif
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

You left out another important one for college students.
I sit in the computer lab and the power goes out.
I lose all my information because i haven't saved recently.

Yeah, i've been through all that, i even had a roommate spill coffee on my keyboard once, which fried it and i had a report due the next day that i wasn't done with. Earlier in the year he spilled something on my desk that went right into the drawer that i had all my disks in. Needless to say i got a private room the next semester.

------------------
I am a Ranger. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge and no one may pass. We live for the One. We die for the one.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back