• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Poll: Best B5 Character Death Scene

What character had the best death scene?

• Keffer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marcus

• Neroon

• Cartagia

• Refa

• Byron

• Total voters
I'm sure Markas would be flattered
grin.gif

I had to say Cartagia.

Yes, Marcus and Neroon were about self-sacrifice, but seeing loony toon Cartagia get his final justice was absolutely satisfying!

Refa's death is in the lead.
confused.gif

How could anybody vote for Refa's death? He was running away like a little girl, from the Narns, and Londo's revenge was misguided. Refa was a little worm who got squished. Same for Cartagia.

Neroon's death was epic, heroic, selfless and unexpected.

Don't ask me why but I thought it'd be cooler if, after Neroon was wasted, all that was left were his smoking boots.

lol - I thought the same thing. I refrained from saying this whilst watching the ep so I wouldn't kill the atmosphere for the people I was watching it with
wink.gif

Well, I voted for Cartagia - I love that whole scene. G'Kar and the chains, Cartagia's last little speacj to Londo, and of course Vir doing the deed - WOW, how can you top that?
smile.gif

I was torn between him and Refa though. That scene was also very good - almost surreal with the gospel music!

???

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by KoshN: </font color>

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Hypatia: </font color>
So was Marcus', in a more personal way.
grin.gif
I had a hard time deciding on this poll, both were very good.

Well, Marcus' death was a bit less epic than Neroon's, and was hardly unexpected. It had been foreshadowed for a long time. Marcus has (had) a self-sacrifice complex. OTOH, who expected Neroon to jump into the Starfire Wheel, rescue Delenn and take her place in the Starfire Wheel (ending with that moving proclamation)?

That was a real kickass maneuver. Gave me goosebumps.
cool.gif

ps. Leaving only his smoking books would have destroyed the mood, and would have been more "comical" than anything else. I'm glad it was done the way it was, with only a wisp of smoke remaining.

And so, so boring. *yawns* I just kept wishing that they'd get this whole thing over and done with.

Refa's death scene - the whole scene - was brilliant though. And I mean, having an unpleasant Centauri beaten to death by angry Narns, can there be anything better than that?
grin.gif

<font color="yellow"> Originally posted by Kribu: </font color>
And so, so boring. *yawns* I just kept wishing that they'd get this whole thing over and done with.

Sometimes, I wonder about you.
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif

I guess anything with a Narn winning qualifies, even over a weasely worm Centauri like Refa.

[Sinclair] What's the matter? Don't have the guts for a fair fight, ambassador? ... You want me, you know where to find me. See you in council, ambassador. [/Sinclair]

Sometimes, I wonder about you.
Nothing to wonder. I've never exactly made a secret of what I liked in the show and what not - and that most of the stuff I didn't care for. The whole Minbari thing, for example, was so nearly enough to make me stop watching the whole show.

Refa's death is in the lead.

How could anybody vote for Refa's death? He was running away like a little girl, from the Narns, and Londo's revenge was misguided. Refa was a little worm who got squished. Same for Cartagia.

KoshN. It could be argued that even while Neroon's death was heroic, that heroic deaths happen often in dramas. They are almost common place. Dont get me wrong, I voted for his as well, but thats no reason to discount the Refa death scene.

The merits the Refa death scene had are the fact that it was done in a very unique way. Yea he was running away like a coward, but with the music in the background and the lyrics going along with exactly what Refa was doing, it was the kind of scene you just dont see everyday.

Neroon's death was heroic and did a lot for his people, but those sort of deaths happen all the time in movies, dramas, and other shows. How many scenes like Refa's do you recall coming across? That is I think why the people that have been voting for Refa have been doing so.

Refa's death scene - the whole scene - was brilliant though. And I mean, having an unpleasant Centauri beaten to death by angry Narns, can there be anything better than that?

laugh.gif
Kribu, you are very consistent, aren't you?
laugh.gif

I also liked the Centauri deaths. But to each her own. I have often wondered, though, if JMS ever regretting not just killing off Ivanova and having Marcus perhaps go on to do other things. All I remember hearing him say is that he was very lucky she was upset and needed some time off right before she quit the show. It made it easier to explain how she could disappear from B5 and yet be in the finale, I guess.

A bit sad for Jason Carter though. If Ivanova had died at the end of the 4th season, he could have had another year's employment.

I am under the impression that JMS never wanted Marcus to be in season 5 and would have killed him off regardless of whether Ivanova lived or died at the end of season 4.

Well, am I correct or not? Marcus was not meant to be in season 5 from what I understand.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me that there almost no episodes in Season 5 where Marcus could have had an important role, or at least a role that would fit with the image of the character.

I did love seeing Refa beaten to death...so satisfying. Neroon's was heroic, but Refa's was...tasty!

Latest posts

Members online

Back