• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

OK Listen Up...

I thought I would post a few final thoughts before disappearing into the background for a while. I can't speak for the rest of the cast, but I'm going to take a backseat while the spoo flies, as I'm sure it will starting tomorrow.

I know many of you have enjoyed having the cast post here over the last few months just as we have enjoyed being here, but please don't feel as though you're obligated to us in any way when posting your thoughts here. Yes I know you're chomping at the bit Channe to write your review and have no qualms about "honesty".
laugh.gif

For some of the cast the reviews that are starting to come in are a new experience, and as an actor I can tell you it can be a very harrowing experience for some, especially if you're not used to it. There really is no point in keeping score of good vs. bad reviews. You can never please everyone, ESPECIALLY in the sci fi genre. Peoples passions and personal preferences vary too greatly, and after all, our differing opinions are part of what makes fandom fun. On top of this, from my experience over the last few months with all that is B5, I have come to believe that for whatever reason, B5 will always be akin to 'the little engine that could'. I cannot explain this, but in life there are always people and projects that have to continually struggle uphill, to play the underdog. It defies explanation in the face of so much other drivel and personalities out there that never seem to have to suffer in quite the same way, but nonetheless that is the way of the world. I do not mention this in negative terms about B5 or Rangers, in fact perhaps it is an admirable position to be in; to inspire such passionately opposed views on such a regular basis. That is the purpose of art is it not, to inspire and provoke?

For those who will be disappointed, (can't be avoided)just remember that the cast and crew of Rangers were 100% committed to this project and gave everything we had. We had a tight budget and schedule (I really do feel sorry for Joe who only had about two weeks to come up with a premise and deliver a finished script to the network, quite unfair...), but through it all I'm very proud of everyone involved. I truly wish the best for us all, it's been a long wait. Remember it's not the reviews (generally positive one in The Hollywood Reporter by the way
tongue.gif
)but the ratings and the rights issue that matter.

Thank you for your support all these long months everyone, we've all really appreciated it.

Let the games begin!

Dylan

------------------

Well said, good luck.
smile.gif
And if things get too bad, you can always get your body double to beat everyone up.
laugh.gif

------------------
Marc Cosgrove

"From chaos, order came. As was inevitable." -Summoning light

We know you and the crew have done your best and I'll have to wait a bit before I can judge the movie anyway be seeing you
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitaro Sasaki:
Nah...Dylan will just call on me for that job...he he he!

Cheers! -Warren-
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No need for the big guns, we just want to knock a little sense into people.
laugh.gif

------------------
Marc Cosgrove

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitaro Sasaki:
Dark Lord,

I'm great with the Nunchukus...

-Warren-
laugh.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, I've actually got a pair hanging next to me. Padded ones, I'm great with hitting myself with em.
wink.gif
I guess I could act as a diversion.
laugh.gif

------------------
Marc Cosgrove

*flails arms wildly with nunchukus* Hey everyone, look at me!
blush.gif
tongue.gif

------------------
Marc Cosgrove

I think you'll have to wait until tomorrow, Dark Lord, your distraction is a bit pre-mature!
laugh.gif

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
is a bit pre-mature!
laugh.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hence the embarressed smilie.
wink.gif
laugh.gif
*eyes dart*

------------------
Marc Cosgrove

I still think Dylan wants us to criticize him a bit.
laugh.gif
He's a masarcist (whatever, spell that when you're drunk). Maybe some of you will manage that, but I still think this guy was GOOD in the telemovie. No faults to find.

But I can't wait to see everyone's reactions.

------------------
MPAA: Rated R for bad language, crude humor,
language, sexuality/nudity and drug content.

Masochist, Antony darling.

Dylan, as you probably can tell, I think honesty is the one of the best policies out there and utilize it freely, fully, and frequently
laugh.gif

I've been waiting for a very long time to see this movie. There is very little you all could do, bar act as blandly as Kevin Sorbo, that would really, honestly dissappoint me. I respect anyone, and any show, that gave a 100% effort.

So, I guess the answer is, yes: I'm chomping at the bit to write that review. I'm also chomping at the bit to see this movie.

I like B5. I do. So, stop by and see what I have to say. Rangers may not be perfect, but it's going to be entertaining.

I'm crossing my fingers for the ratings.

And, besides.

It will be fun.
smile.gif

Here's to five years!

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

[This message has been edited by channe (edited January 18, 2002).]

If it'll make you feel better Dylan, I'll scrutinize every single frame you're in and write a full report on your performance.
laugh.gif
And I won't show any favoritism either, just because you're such a nice guy. Do you approve?

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

Antony, what is your new picture? I know I'm not "hip" anymore, I never know who is in your avatar!

It sounds to me as though Dylan is taking off to do bigger and better things for awhile, as they say. Let's just hope we get a series out of this tv-movie so he has a reason to come back again!
laugh.gif

I'm an avid JMS fan, though, I just hope everyone else out there in Sci-Fi tv land tunes in. Like Dune, even if this project gets criticized, it could get its series. I heard so MANY bad reviews of the Sci-Fi miniseries Dune, yet they are going to make more.

As everyone keeps saying, it's the ratings that count. Not being a Nielson family right now
mad.gif
I'll have to write a couple of letters.

Who other than Bonnie Hammer should we write to? To encourage (ask/beg) for a series?
crazy.gif

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

Want some criticism? Ok, I thought Na'Feel's outburst in her "Trading Card" clip was awful.

Somebody needs to tie Jennie Hogan to a chair and force her to watch wall-to-wall Na'Toth (Caitlin Brown version) 24/7 until she starts to sound convincingly angry and frustrated.

------------------
"Come out kittycat... I won't hurt you... much..." (hear it)
-- Blackarachnia, "The Spark", Beast Wars

drakh@spamcop.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
Antony, what is your new picture? I know I'm not "hip" anymore, I never know who is in your avatar!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That Avatar is taken from Dark Angel..they are the two main characters.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deviot:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think hypatia means the new one of many colors.
wink.gif

------------------
"Get out of my way, or by God I'll shove you out the airlock!"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deviot:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. I can only see one person, but I'll look at it again tomorrow. In the light!
wink.gif

------------------

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back