• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Ok, I just saw a clip of "Tripwire"...

Recoil

Regular
Ok, I just saw a clip of \"Tripwire\"...

...and this rather irritates me.

First off, those of you who saw the quick teaser preview for Tripwire next week knows that Ezekial is in it, and says something about working for "their" dad again. I went to the showtime site and watched one of the trailer clips. The one with Kurdy, Marcus and Jeremiah talking was the one that bothered me. In that clip, Jeremiah says "My father went to Valhalla Sector, and Quantrell said that he may still be there, and that he might still be alive."

NO WHERE, do I remember Quantrell ever saying that to Jeremiah. If he had, that would have put a whole different spin on what has happened since Firewall. Jeremiah would also have a very different attitude towards VS. It has been going so far that Jeremiah knows his dad WENT there at some point, but he assumes that he is dead, as do the rest of us, even though we suspect otherwise. Now that clip, if in the episode, says that Quantrell told Jeremiah that his dad may still be there and be alive. It just doesnt jive.

Re: Ok, I just saw a clip of \"Tripwire\"...

First of all, it is just a clip and we don't really know the full context around it yet. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Second, what Quantrell said to Jeremiah in "Firewall" was, "I know more than you want to hear" regarding Jeremiah's father. While this does not tell us in so many words that Quantrell knows Jeremiah's father is at VS or that he is alive, one could read between the lines and assume that is what he meant. Jeremiah may be jumping to conclusions and he could also be assuming that is how Quantrell knew about him. It certainly seemed that way in "Firewall" ... to me at least. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

It was never explained how Quantrell knew about Jeremiah, why he thought he was dead or what he knew about Jeremiah's father and how he knew it.

Hmm, then again ... you could be right Recoil but I am just trying to see this from another angle. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Quantrell made Jerimiah think his father is there from his responses. Ezkiel also said they have the same father and then Quantrell ended up dead. Jerimiah probably put two and two together.

I'm gonna agree with Lyta, Recoil. There's no context yet.

I didn't see the teaser preview (duh) but I'm going right now to check out what they have on Showtime's site... which they do. Ooh... check out the photo. Markus all bloody...

Hmm. "Quantrell said." He never said anything like that. I'd rather not think this is error; if we can notice it, I doubt that the writer, a couple exec producers, story editors, etc., all didn't notice that was wrong.

When I saw Firewall, I put two and two together - Quantrell recognizes Jeremiah, knows more about Jeremiah's father than he'd care to know. Jeremiah KNOWS that his father went to Valhalla Sector. This is, while not Socratically logical argument, a logical deduction.

Now for the second clip.

*jawdrop*

Here comes that wierd-ass Ezekiel again! Dude! I love that character, and it's not just because the actor was in Rangers. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif I wonder if this was the fight scene Alex was talking about one of the last times he came around here?

Anyway, that scene looks like a revelation. Those of you who haven't gone there to look at it must look at it right now. I'll talk about it in spoilers until you all do. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

<font class="small">Spoiler:</font>
<table bgcolor="#000000" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" border="0"><tr bgcolor="#000000"><td bgcolor="#000000" id="spoiler"><font color="#000000">So, he's talking about "our father" again, and instead of being all mystical about it like he was with Quantrell, he made it very concrete. Here are the facts:
1. Jeremiah is far more important than we've given him credit for before. There's now a grand scheme of things, and he's important in it - in the eyes of Valhalla Sector. But why?

2. There's definitely two factors within Valhalla Sector. Definitely. Jeremiah's father is there, and from what I get from this Ezekiel clip, he knows Jeremiah is alive and wants to protect him. From who?

From the Quantrells of the world? </font></td></tr></table>

*giggles*

Here we go! Ready for the ride, girls and boys? FINALLY, they're dropping one of the other shoes...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back