• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

No longer a conventional virgin!

Zoriah

Beyond the rim
Finally attended my first con - Armageddon here in Auckland. Jason Carter was there, along with Marjean Holden, Robert O'Reilly, J. G. Hertzgler and Tim Russ. Was a few weeks ago but I'm still thinking about it. It was such a hoot to see the celebrities and listen to their stories!

My sister is so fearless, she asked some good questions and even introduced us both to Martok after the talk when he was heading back to the signing booth. The cool thing was that before the talk he and the guy who plays Gowron had spotted us on the stairwell and had waved and hollered at us to come down and get some autographs, sadly we had no money to get some.

The highlight though was JASON CARTER!!! He and marjean were hilarious. What an incredibly talkative and funny man. I could have been entertained for hours justt listening to him go on about his fellow actors, fun on the Bab 5 set, his great acting triumphs hehe.

The best moment....at the end of the session, every one was leaving, and my sister stood up and shouted "Go on do us the Major General" I joined in, and before long he was singing the verses of the Major General to us two. It was so much fun. Then my sister said: One more question...
And he smiled and said: Sorry love I'm already married. Gave a cheery wink and departed to the signing booth.
She and I just collapsed with laughter at that.

Glad you had such a good time. I'm still a conventional virgin though. I've always wanted to go to one, but I just don't follow the conventional circuit that much. I could have gone to Star Wars Celebration II last weekend seeing as how it was only an hour away, but I just chose not to. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of being around a ton of people that I'd rather not be around. It might have been fun though.

Woah. I wasnt paying attention to what forum I was in, and read the title of this topic. /ubbthreads/images/icons/eek.gif I think I clicked my mouse button 50 times in the 5 seconds it took the thread to load. Much to my dismay, this thread is talking about Conventions. I was thinking I was in NC-17 and I was real, REAL curious as to how someone can not be a "conventional" virgin anymore, and even moreso looking forward to the story as to how it happened. *sigh* What a letdown.

/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Hehe sorry I couldn't resist the title, and besides, this WAS a big event for me. I remember my heart pounding when I paid the entrance fee and finally stepped through into the Aotea Centre, I was that excited about it.

It was just great to see these actors live and for some without all that make up. The two klingons were very gregarious.
And Steven Austin the pakmara ambassador was there. I wondered if it would be hard for actors who don't have a high profile role. Most of the questions were directed at Jason Carter. But Steven still had some interesting anecdotes to regal us with.

The rest of armageddon was so-so, lots of noise, pamphlets and booths that were selling stuff I either already had or didn't really want.

Claudia Black was there for the Sunday but sadly I had to work too. I've always enjoyed her acting and would have liked to have seen her.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Zoriah:
<font color=yellow>
Claudia Black was there for the Sunday but sadly I had to work too. I've always enjoyed her acting and would have liked to have seen her.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

I'm glad you had a great time losing your virginity. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif Claudia is great in person. If you ever get an opportunity again, go see her. She is also much lovelier in person. I met her at the first Farscape convention in the US. It was a blast.

I'll keep the title... it's funny. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I was at a few conventions up in my hometown when I was little - when TNG was first on. One of the cons I remember best had John DeLancie as a guest, and we had him autograph a picture of Q. We hung it on our wall when we got home. We were going to take it down, but whenever guests came to our house, they would exclaim, "Q IS YOUR RELATIVE?!!??!!?" and we just had too much fun watching it.

So John is on our wall to this day, providing a neverending source of entertainment.

Anyway, cons stopped coming to our area around when I was in early middle school, so I haven't been to one since then. I could have gone to I-CON, but I was too busy trying to graduate. Oh well, you win some, you lose some..

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Recoil:
<font color=yellow> *sigh* What a letdown.
/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Why do suddenly feel like i'm being blamed for this? /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif
/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back