• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

New viewer loved the gunnery pod sequence!

Lyta

I just made a good friend of mine here at work watch the Rangers movie (and Jeremiah of course /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif ) and she called me up right after watching them. She really liked both but I will only focus on the Rangers movie here. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

She liked G'Kar (or the spotted head guy) quite a bit (which should surprise no one here) and the second thing she had praise about was Sarah and the fight scenes. Myriam, she said you really did a fantasic job and she wondered how it worked (of course, I tried to explain the best I could). She is another woman who wants one of those gunnery pods for their own. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

I can't remember now what else she liked (besides David Martel) but I can try to pick her brain some more later. She was only vaguely familiar with the B5 universe and tried to watch it in the beginning but couldn't keep up with it because of the time schedule changes. I am happy she enjoyed it and was able to follow everything quite well.

Overall, she liked the movie and would be interested in seeing how the story develops in a series. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Lyta, I haven't met a female Ranger-fan yet that *didn't* like David Martel. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Channe, well I am probably going to break your stats because he didn't do much for me looks wise. He just isn't my type. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif I was interested in his character and learning more about what makes him tick but as for his looks ... eaah. I'd go for Warren any day over Dylan! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif Sorry Dylan! /ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif

I forgot to add how my friend described the weapons pod scene ... a mix between Crouching Tiger and Matrix. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

I know seven people who watched the pilot. Six of them didn´t like it, but would give the show a chage if it changes some plots and ideas (including the gunnery pod). These people are 30 to 40 years old, and they like the original starwars, enterprise, x-files, babylon 5, buffy, angel, crusade, etc...
One of them likes it a lot (again, including the gunnery pod scene). He doesn´t like the original Babylon 5, but was a fan of Voyager. He is sixteen years old now, likes manga, voyager and star wars episode one.

That rises the question...: "For whom was the pilot made for?"

Answers?

Jesse Custer

Yeah, I just saw the movie and I also liked the gunnery pod. The big yell from Sarah at the end reminded me of those manga/anime-cartoons, where the hero yells high and loud before he or she kicks the enemy's sorry ass. For example The Fist of the Northern Star, which is very violent but looks cool.

I watched the movie with my friend, who isn't too big fan of B5, but he liked the original series - watched the whole season 4 from my tapes recently - and he liked this one. Altough he (and I) winced little when Sarah said "It ain't over, till it's over". That sounded flat. Sorry, Myriam. I personally think that it was the scripts fault.

The enemy was something that remind him and me about the Shadows but we both agreed that that's propably just one of those trick of JMS. If the series start, he surely will turn things upside down. And besides, the whole ancient enemy -thing is just too clear thing for those who watched the original series. The ships looked cool but the sound they made wasn't as cool as the Shadow Vessels made.

Minister Kafta looked little too much like a bad guy, so my friend guessed that he had something to do with The Hand when he first saw him

The end was spectacular. When we found out that Martel tied over 50 grenades to Kafta, we laughed. That was something that we wouldn't necessarily see in other shows which I won't mention here.

G'Kar was still wonderful. Andreas did marvellous job as did the other cast. Especially Dylan and Alex. Nobody really overacted.

Regards,
TheInfection

Lyta! Tsk tsk! You should know me better. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

It's all about the character, hepcats.

Of course, Dylan *is* kinda cute.

Apologies for discussing you almost right under your nose, Dylan! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

I haven't met a single male Ranger fan who doesn't like Myriam. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

But CBO is a little obsessed. Not that it's a bad thing mind you! /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Reverend Custer said:
<font color=yellow>That rises the question...: "For whom was the pilot made for?" </font color=yellow>

I don't know ... it all depends on what you like. I don't know if you can break it down into demographics or whatever since I certainly don't fall in either one of the categories you came up with. I am going to be 30 this year and I like B5, Buffy, Crusade, original SW, ST:TNG, FotR, some Japanese manga (Akira, Totoro, Nausicaa, Tenchi, etc.) and video games. I don't like Enterprise, Voyager or X-files. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Channe, yes I should know better but it still lead me to believe you were basing your statement on looks. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif Even as far as characters go, David would be one of the last ones on my list of chars that I would be interested to see how their character develops. Dulann, Sarah, Kitaro would probably be my top three. Hmm, maybe I just have a thing against lead chars since I usually prefer the supporting chars more in the various series that I can think of right now. *chuckles* Still, Dylan did pleasantly surprise me in the movie and I liked him much more than I expected to!

Actually, it is hard to pick favorite chars since they all have so much potential and we were shown so little of some! /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif

I'm not sure what demographic it was targetted at, but I'd probably be hard to target... 40+ with some of my favorite shows being (in no particular order other than B5 being my favorite!) B5, Crusade, West Wing, Picket Fences, early Chicago Hope, Star Trek TOS, The amazing Teddy Z, Frank's Place. MASH, etc. I liked the pilot a lot. The gunnery pod didn't quite do it for me, but it didn't take me out of the story either. On the other hand, the group I used to watch B5 with regularly got together and watched it, and nearly everyone else was dissapointed. They all are more than willing to stay tuned, but they expressed many of the concerns that have been discussion points here.

By the way, I haven't posted too many times here, but I lurk frequently. What a great site!!! Looks good, runs well, lot's of well thought out and thought provoking comments! It's nice to see when the actors drop in, too. Thanks for everyone's efforts.

Well, Myriam has good looks, charm, good acting skills, and a great personality. What's not to like?

I'd love to her and Claudia Christian do scenes together. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Well.. Liandra is minbari ship.. ok? Ok, so.. it looks kinda funny when there is human kicking etc... But imagine for example Delenn in that sequence, or any other minbari.. That would be REAL i mean *REAL* humor /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back