• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

New Trek film prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't quite know how to respond to such news. I would hate to rant about something that is only in the idea/development stage and make a fool of myself. I will be content with watching the Deep Space Nine reruns on Spike.

Frizzell

Well, Enterprise is a Prequel, and so far has not lived up to my hopes before it was first aired. Maybe a movie would be better.

One good thing, if Berman/Braga start a new Series, it might allow some fresh blood to breathe some life into the Trek Franchise.

We can only wait and see.

I don't normally get to break "news" around here, so this is a kick.
New trek flick being planned

Right, and we know how well the prequel thing's been going so far, folks.

Ok, this is as good a place as any to let loose the little bits of leaked info my insider told me about Trek.

Yes, there is a new film in the works. Insider suggests heavily that while Berman's name is on it...he really is not going to have any power over it. The other tidbit I was told was that it could be a story that will launch yet another Trek series. Although, my insider's indictation is that it isn't Starfleet Academy but instead my be the New Frontiers crew, which would appear in the new film, then move to a series. This would be officially a pre-quel to certain dates, depending on your perspective. I am hearing more and more that Berman is, in fact, loosing his position of power in the eyes of the Paramount suits, and also that Bryan Singer as been approached. Since he is a good friend of both Stewart's and Spiner's, and a major Trek fan who reportedly isn't happy with current Trek...this could be a good thing and an indication that the source is correct.

The fact that they can't and won't name the other two producers, to me, is very telling. One can only hope that Berman's reign is coming to an end and that the new non-Trek series is Paramount's way of getting him out of Trek with a doggy bone to fulfill certain contractual obligations on their part.

That's about it from my source at the moment. As I learn more I will let you know.

Oh, and on a side note... though the source was under threat of torture, he did insinuate that the writer of the new SW trilogy screenplays was the wonderful Timothy Zahn, and that the director who's been approached is a big name.

Hamill has asked to keep his goatee for 7,8,9 but to also keep his hair short (like old Ben had it). Though Lucas initially wanted him to grow out his hair to match the look of the pre-quels, it is reported that Hamill will most likely win the argument. :D Thank god.

The pre-production team is now turning it's eye to casting the role of Mara Jade and have apparently considered Charlize Theron among others including an unknown British actress (I personally hope they go with the unknown).

Supposedly the designers are hard at work designing, yes, Yuuzhan Vong ships that will, from what he says, have the look and feel of the derelict ship from ALIEN. Exactly when this new trilogy is set is uncertain, or if it spans many years. Reportedly young Anakin Solo is a character and Chewbacca, who both (SPOILERS!)

died during the Vong/NJO series. So, who knows.

That is all for now...carry on. :D

I cringe to think of what this new project may be. My guess is that Kirk will be resuscitated, sent back in time, and in some cruel twist it will be revealed that it was he who founded the Federation.

As previously speculated, maybe this is a sign that Berman is on his way out.

Thanks CE, you hinted at that in another thread!

Hell, as for getting rid of Berman and Braga, i'm tempted to buy a ticket to the US just to give them a good hiding myself for what they've done to Trek.

As far as SW goes, that is the first real rumour i've heard on the sequel triology. It does all sound intruging.

This dead horse needs to be put out to pasture and not make any films or even talk about them for a while to come .

I grew up with Trek, it's what made me fall in love with SF. This is why I've hated what Berman and Co. have done to it. But I also do not believe that because one man and his unimaginative lackys have tried to destroy it, that Trek itself is dead. I firmly believe that the Trek universe is a great one with many stories to tell. All it needs is someone with vision and passion at the helm. It wouldn't hurt for them to respect the universe's history either, and those who created it.

Oh, and those who wanted some kind of confirmation..I think it is TheForce.net that is one of the sites talking about the new SW trilogy. But STARLOG and others have mentioned it and I know I saw an interview with Fisher where she was talking about how excited she is to be playing Leia again and that everyone is excited to be coming back.

Oh, and be on the lookout once EP 3 is out and done for the newer Ultimate Editions of all 6 films. Yes, more add-ons and reshoots in the original trilogy are being done. Examples: The scene in EST where Vader talks to the Emporer has been redone completely and possibly extented somewhat and McDiarmid will be the Emporer; a new scene between Vader and Boba Fett showing a closer relationship supposedly between those two; the Jabba scene in ANH is being redone again and all of Biggs' scenes will be put back in as well as a Begger's Canyon speeder scene with Luke that was reportedly shot in the 70's but GL couldn't get it to work then but can now with the magic of CG. I'll have to check with my source for more little tidbits. I always forget all the little scenes and add-ons they blur in my mind because I'm still furious with GL for touching something that was fine the way it was.

Oh well...enough for now.

This dead horse needs to be put out to pasture and not make any films or even talk about them for a while to come .

I grew up with Trek, it's what made me fall in love with SF. This is why I've hated what Berman and Co. have done to it. But I also do not believe that because one man and his unimaginative lackys have tried to destroy it, that Trek itself is dead. I firmly believe that the Trek universe is a great one with many stories to tell. All it needs is someone with vision and passion at the helm. It wouldn't hurt for them to respect the universe's history either, and those who created it.

That's exactly my problem with it CE, the total lack of respect for what's gone before. A time travel episode here and there, that goes outside of Canon, is one thing and easily explainable. But, what the heck is with everything that Enterprise and Voyager has done to established Canon. :mad: The really sad thing is, I was looking forward to the Xindi Arc this season, because it seemed B&B finally were getting a clue, :(but that wore off after 6 or 7 episodes, and I finally gave up on it. I tried real hard though, watched most episodes of Season 1 and 2, looked forward to the promise of Season 3, and now, I'm not even sure if JMS came in to run Season 4 if I could get past the bad taste I already have in my mouth. Scott Bakula is my other problem with Enterprise.

Oh, sorry, this was meant to be about the new film.

A Prequel Film/Series done properly, with the proper respect for Canon, and the original ST Ideals could really be great. Add an arc, and some internal strife, and it could be perfect.

That's exactly my problem with it CE, the total lack of respect for what's gone before. A time travel episode here and there, that goes outside of Canon, is one thing and easily explainable. But, what the heck is with everything that Enterprise and Voyager has done to established Canon. :mad: The really sad thing is, I was looking forward to the Xindi Arc this season, because it seemed B&B finally were getting a clue, :(but that wore off after 6 or 7 episodes, and I finally gave up on it. I tried real hard though, watched most episodes of Season 1 and 2, looked forward to the promise of Season 3, and now, I'm not even sure if JMS came in to run Season 4 if I could get past the bad taste I already have in my mouth. Scott Bakula is my other problem with Enterprise.

Oh, sorry, this was meant to be about the new film.

A Prequel Film/Series done properly, with the proper respect for Canon, and the original ST Ideals could really be great. Add an arc, and some internal strife, and it could be perfect.

I'm in complete agreement with you on everything you said. Berman is the anti-Christ as far as I'm concerned. I tried and tried to give ENT. a chance but found myself getting angrier and angrier until I simply couldn't stand it any longer.

But I do believe someone with vision could revive the franchise and breath new life into it. Trek, over all, can be saved if only Paramount would act and do something radical...I don't know...like FIRE BERMAN! :D

I grew up with Trek, it's what made me fall in love with SF. This is why I've hated what Berman and Co. have done to it.

I wasn't even born back then. :LOL: I still haven't seen all of TOS in fact.

B&B have made trek so stale that it all feels like repeats. New bloody has been needed for years & what they are doing to cannon is ruddy horrid. B&B had some good runs but for gods sake get em out before the nose dive the hole thing

B&B have made trek so stale that it all feels like repeats. New bloody has been needed for years & what they are doing to cannon is ruddy horrid. B&B had some good runs but for gods sake get em out before the nose dive the hole thing

And while you're at it, bring in a Captain with a rough edge to him, like Michael Ironside. Now that's a Captain I would feel confidence in. God I hate Archer, and Janeway was only slightly less irritating. A Picard or Sisko captain, while good for their respective shows, is too refined for a Prequel where there were no Prime Directives yet.

Personally: I think Trek should "die" for awhile.

But if continued, I would say the main thing they need is a captain who will stand out for SOME reason. Doesn't even have to be "ruff and rugged like the wild west".

Archer seems to have no real personality to me, somehow.

And I still say the dog is the most interesting character on the show. Apparantly, despite the improved scripts, I just lost interest in the show.

But if continued, I would say the main thing they need is a captain who will stand out for SOME reason. Doesn't even have to be "ruff and rugged like the wild west".

And I still say the dog is the most interesting character on the show. Apparantly, despite the improved scripts, I just lost interest in the show.

I agree, Porthos can stay, and Dr. Phlox isn't bad either, even T'Pol is OK, if the writers treat her as a real character, rather than a manaquin for displaying their Cat Suits.

I agree, Porthos can stay, and Dr. Phlox isn't bad either, even T'Pol is OK, if the writers treat her as a real character, rather than a manaquin for displaying their Cat Suits.

You mean that's not what Trek is about any more? Could've fooled me. :LOL:

T'Pol? A character? You actually expect writers on Trek to treat the cast like real characters and not cardboard cut-outs? HA! That's a laugh :LOL: :D

T'Pol? A character? You actually expect writers on Trek to treat the cast like real characters and not cardboard cut-outs? HA! That's a laugh :LOL: :D

It would not be that hard for the script writers to throw in a few Mr Spock style "illogicals". Or at least act surprised!

It would not be that hard for the script writers to throw in a few Mr Spock style "illogicals". Or at least act surprised!

No, no, no, we're trying to be "different" remember? B&B hate the original cast...god forbid they actually have some respect for them or what they did for Trek...like say, Nimoy is the one that created the whole Vulcan culture which has been completely destroyed by B&B.

No...B&B must die :devil: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back