• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Need some RPG Advice...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi everyone
laugh.gif
, I usualy just lurk untill I have something to say or have a question to ask or something. I have to say, B5LR is one of the best communities on the net!
laugh.gif

Right, onto my problem
wink.gif
You may or may not have seen some of my posts where I've mentioned the Superspace Convivium from time to time, its the RPG of which I am the Game Moderator (GM). For the past year we've had a major problem, and most of our efforts to solve it have been utterly fruitless. The problem is that we need new and more members. We have so few members that we barely even exist anymore, heck we only have about 10 members left. And we don't want to call it quits either.

We've created a few web sites with some pretty cool graphics and content, we've signed up for banner exchanges, and we try and promote ourselves every chance we get. Unfortunately, nothing seems to be working. Its getting a little discouraging.

We're not exactly novices, our group has existed for nearly four years now, but its become apparent that we're obviously doing something wrong in trying to promote ourselves. Our website can be found here...

The Superspace Convivium

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks
laugh.gif

PS:Hi Entilzah_Delenn!
laugh.gif
(She's a Member of the Superspace Convivium, and a Moderator as well
smile.gif
)

------------------
GM of the Superspace Convivium
Creator of the Weirdonian Universe

[This message has been edited by Kosh_Narakesh (edited November 21, 2001).]

Hey there, Kosh,

Oh, back - heh, seven or eight years ago, I did a lot of roleplaying, and I found that a good way to get people to join is to not only have a snazzy web site, but to publish logs or parts of logs of RP sessions online. Your better ones, of course. As soon as we showed people what we could do (I was involved in an TNG RP called the USS Antigone), people wanted to join up, because they'd thought it was fun. People don't want to waste their time on something that isn't. Well, that's just one thing you can try.

And incentives. Incentives always work.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

Thanks, I've been thinking about doing something like that. I don't know exactly what you mean by "Logs", we're a Play-By-Post RPG, but some excripts from storylines we've done might help. Unfortunately, we don't have the vast well of historical posts we once did, the Pinheads at scifi.com took care of that in their most recent purge (We were founded and based on their bboards since Jan 1998. In fact, their purge is what sent us into our current, major slump). Over three years work, gone, just like that. While not everything was taken, a vast majorety was. We begged for only 3 back out of the more then 50 threads we had, they never even bothered to respond. However, we do have some good stuff left.

As for incentives, they're as good as they get right now. Anyone who joins up now not only can create and controll their own entire universe of empires, ships and characters. And they'll have a virtually automatic seat on the Moderator Council. The actual ranking system we have worked out won't really go into effect untill we have enough members. At the moment, we have 6 council members including myself. Our other 4 members don't controll universes so they're more like community leaders.

Hmmm, do you think it would be alright if I posted some storyline excripts here?
smile.gif

Thanks for the advice Channe!
laugh.gif

------------------
GM of the Superspace Convivium
Creator of the Weirdonian Universe

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back