• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Loser Have A Name?

channe

Regular
I was watching today's Crusade ep - the one about the conference.

The A-story is slightly off. I never really was captivated with the LeBecque - Jeanne d'Arc story. It makes me yawn.

However, the dinner scene is one of the best scenes in the entire show, in my own humble opinion. And I was amused by the whole Eilerson-Dureena exchanges.

Yet another B5 episode where characterization is great and plot is less than airtight...
smile.gif

Anyone think that Gideon's admiration for Sheridan would have played a role in the story?

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

[This message has been edited by channe (edited January 15, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Anyone think that Gideon's admiration for Sheridan would have played a role in the story?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. : See this thread.

BTW, I don't remember the episode all that clearly, so can you explain the title of this thread?
wink.gif
Thanks.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

I think it's "ruling from the tomb".

And the quote's a Gideon quote. The dialogue goes something like this:

Lochley: ...except for the time I spent married.
Gideon (chokes): You mean, someone actually lowered your defenses enough to commit... and he let you go? What kind of loser does that?
Lochley: Ohhh, MAJOR loser. They don't come any bigger.
Gideon (drinking): Loser have a name?
Lochley: John Sheridan.
Gideon (spits all over the table): Waited till I took a drink...

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

Well, you can definantly tell that Gideon Doesn't find Sheridan a looser! He was shocked at the least about her marrage. Gideon must envey Sheridan.

------------------
-With every light is born a shadow-

If I remember correctly, the dialog just Before "Loser got a name?" had Gideon talking about just how Much he admired Sheridan.
Or at least Sheridan's Achievements.

That was the Setup that made the rest of the exchange so Funny.

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

Really? From what I remember, I got the impression that Gideon was less than impressed with Sheridan. He would work for the guy but not necessarily respect him on any non-professional level.

It's things like these that make me wish I had actually taped the series. DVDs anyone? *sigh* I thought so... not anytime soon.

------------------
We say atoms are bound by
weak attractors.

Why not admit the truth:
The universe is held together by love.

Michio von Kerr,
Wayist physicist,
CY 9942

GENE RODDENBERRY'S ANDROMEDA
"BANKS OF THE LETHE"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Really? From what I remember, I got the impression that Gideon was less than impressed with Sheridan. He would work for the guy but not necessarily respect him on any non-professional level. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, Gideon said clearly that he respects Sheridan and what he has done over the years.
How do I remember this? Because I taped every episode!
tongue.gif

Regards,
TheInfection

------------------
Things change... long time gone by.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheInfection:
Nope, Gideon said clearly that he respects Sheridan and what he has done over the years.
How do I remember this? Because I taped every episode!
tongue.gif

Regards,
TheInfection

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! He actually gushes about Sheridan in the dinner scene with Lochley.
laugh.gif

------------------

Even if Gideon doesn't admire or even respect Sheridan, you have to remember that he and Lochley are talking about a guy who:

1. Commanded Babylon 5 during the Shadow War.

2. Successfully led the rebellion against Earth during the civil war.

3. Founded the ISA and served as its first president.

4. Has some deep connection with the famous and mysterious Rangers (even if Gideon doesn't know what this is, he's working directly with the Rangers, so he must have an inkling).

After all is said and done, Sheridan is probably approaching legend status by the time of Crusade. And Lochley just got Gideon to call him a "loser."
laugh.gif

------------------
It's the quiet ones who change the universe. The loud ones only take the credit.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back