• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

list-style thread for R1/R2 DVD tech problems

Relight

sorry for so many posts! maybe a list-style thread for people to easily sort out what's happening with the R1 vs R2 and the various technical problems associated with the transfer.

1) overall very happy with R1 video quality, despite the scratches and dust. however, pretty bad (at times) block artifacts. starting with disc 1, i haven't checked the rest yet. seems to occur mainly when there's firefight and a shot change. anyone else have this?

for the best examples look at infection.

- block artifacts in trailer, during ep at c4 23:16, 25:49, 26:16, 29:00 (awful!), etc...

2) R1 jms' intro on disc 1: all the episode shots are squished.

I haven't noticed too many problems the exception being R1 disk two has some scratch marks on it .They are small really so I am not sure they are worth taking back as they don't hinder it's playing ability.Though I am thinking about it.IN Adittion when I was in the store I really could't tell it was out of course and it is the only one at least of mine .

R2: Ok, there is a small typo in the episode 'Born to be purple'. The episode is shown as "Born to THE purple" on the video.

Just checked and you were right. Oops /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif My apologies! So I would like to congratulate the guys from WHV that they are not as stupid as I am /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

GR

Am I the only one who now has this image stuck in his head? Londo with an electric guitar in his hands belting out "Born to PUUUURRRR-ple" to the tune of an old Steppenwolf song stuck in his head? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

"Get your engine running,
Head out for the jumpgate
Lookin' for brevari
And whatever comes our way."

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

Joe

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Peter Jurasik was actually a member of Steppenwolf /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The vorlons gave us telepaths, the Centauri gave us rockbands (that explains the hair maybe???).

oh well, this thread isn't exactly going right so far /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif that's okay.

i didn't mean scratches on the disc shaal, i mean any problems associated with the transfer or critical thoughts on the way the dvds are put together. as for scratches, i had a couple problems with dvds in the past so now i open dvds and check them all right away after leaving the store.

can anyone else confirm the block artifacts i mention?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back