• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Legend of the Rangers Music

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I just watched Legend of the Rangers for the first time yesterday in Australia. Some kind wonderful person made a copy for me in the States and sent it over.

The Movie wasn't too bad, though still not as good as ITB, Thirdspace and A Call to Arms. Better than River of Souls though.

The one major improvement I vastly enjoyed was the music, it was fantastic. I preferred Franke's music from Seasons 1,2,3 but really didn't care as much for 4 & 5 as It was mainly repeats of previous.

But LOTR was the best music I had heard for some time. I'm just wondering if he would ever release a CD for it.

I hate Thirdspace. B5:TLotR is far better. River of Souls is slow, but it isn't so - frankly speaking - stupid than Thirdspace. Music in all movies are great.

Regards,
TheInfection

I can't agree about the music from Seasons 4 and 5. Some of it is incredible. A good example is Sleeping in Light, particularly the destruction of Babylon 5...outstanding!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Londos6:
<font color=yellow>I can't agree about the music from Seasons 4 and 5. Some of it is incredible. A good example is Sleeping in Light, particularly the destruction of Babylon 5...outstanding!</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
'Endgame' had a nice suite to it as well.

Someone said that some of the music from the Rangers movie was from the B5: Flight Sim game that was in development. 'Into the Fire' I think the game was called. I dont know how much of the Rangers movie music came from that, but I think at least some of it did.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Recoil:
<font color=yellow>'Endgame' had a nice suite to it as well.

Someone said that some of the music from the Rangers movie was from the B5: Flight Sim game that was in development. 'Into the Fire' I think the game was called. I dont know how much of the Rangers movie music came from that, but I think at least some of it did.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
I have a trailer for IFH and I swear the music was the same. It's awsome! I'm not too fond of Thirdspace either btw.

yes some is from there

you can download it here:
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.musicofb5.com/>http://www.musicofb5.com/</a>

I was slighty disappointed in the music for the Ranger movie. Then again, I am spoiled by loudly playing Franke's Vol. 2 "Messages from Earth" CD. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Recoil:
<font color=yellow>'Endgame' had a nice suite to it as well.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Geez, you know you need to watch B5 again, when the first thing you think of when someone mentions Endgame is that crapy Voyager finale. Which had alright music, but still ...

I need more B5!

Admiral Dave

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by admiraldave:
<font color=yellow>Geez, you know you need to watch B5 again, when the first thing you think of when someone mentions Endgame is that crapy Voyager finale.</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Wow, yet another Trek idea taken from B5. /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Does anybody know if women ever wrote Janeway, or it was the Trek Boys' Club that did so entirely? How long was Jeri Taylor actually involved with it?

<sigh> the game <sigh>

- brings back painfull memories.....well joyfull ones, but lost

at least i have downloaded the music from the game hehe

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by LightNZ:
<font color=yellow><sigh> the game <sigh>

- brings back painfull memories.....well joyfull ones, but lost

at least i have downloaded the music from the game hehe</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Well.. me too. I remember how much I wanted that game, I had all those trailers and those 30sec. music samples and.. I was waiting for it like a rising sun. But.. Sierra came and destroyed it! TNT destroyed Crusade which had so great potential... Well.. go to ifh.firstones.com nice B5 game will be out.. well demo at least.

And to all of you!!!!

www.b5tfn.com <-- It has a ubb also, it's about the game that is in development here in Finland. Check it out, you may be intrested in it.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by channe:
<font color=yellow>Does anybody know if women ever wrote Janeway, or it was the Trek Boys' Club that did so entirely? How long was Jeri Taylor actually involved with it?</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Jeri Taylor left midway through the show, I think it was the same time Seven of Nine was introduced. Some say that Jeri's departure marked the real fall of Janeway, because she went from being a confident captain to being a weak mothering figure for Seven. If you're interested, check out the two Voyager novels she wrote, Mosaic and Pathways, they're suppose to more accurately reflect what Janeway was supposed to be.

Admiral Dave

It's just occured to me that I posted twice in this thread without actually discussing the topic. /ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif

I love the music in B5:LR. One of my favourite parts is the opening credits, the theme music is perfect, or pretty close to perfection. All one would have to do is change the last series of visuals to images of the cast smiling at the camera. On second thought, take shots from the show, I disliked B5's Season 3 credits showing the cast staring out of jump points.

Admiral Dave

The main rangers theme comes from the In To The Fire game. MusicofB5 calls it "sequence A".

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back