• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Legend of the Rangers and (spoilers)...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

i certainly hope the Hand doesnt turn out to be too much like the Shadows. if they "make the Shadows look like insects" i certainly hope they are handled properly.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>We all know that the period between the end of season 5 and the beginning of A Call to Arms was celebrated as a time of relative peace and order, the Telepath Crisis aside. JMS has outlined the story several thousand years in each direction in detail and tossing in a previously unknown war with the Hand that apparently has had no effect on the ISA or Earth or even been mentioned by the time Sleeping in Light or by the end of Legions of Fire just wouldnt seem right. I just hope this is handled properly any prospective series.</font></td></tr></table>

not sure that one deserved a spoiler but that was my first time using that feature. the revelation of the Hand as a major First One power concerns me, does anyone else agree?

------------------

They don't look as tough as the shadows... in the trailer they show one of their ships firing on another ship. Their weapons do damage but the vessel they were attacking had enough time to ram them. If they were as powerful as the Shadows they could of sliced the other ship into peices before it even got close to them.

------------------
A proud member of the Wind Swords.
"War is life and death is the only true peace."
war-demon@b5fan.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> ...tossing in a previously unknown war with the Hand that apparently has had no effect on the ISA or Earth or even been mentioned by the time Sleeping in Light or by the end of Legions of Fire just wouldnt seem right. </font></td></tr></table>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ever gone a whole day without talking about World War II?
Assuming you answered 'yes' to this question, does that mean that WWII was not an important part of world history?

My point is, just because a theoretical war with the Hand was never mentioned in those glimpses into the future, does not mean that it was not a major conflict that had a profound effect on ISA and/or Earth.

------------------

Hello Godkiller, I must pop in this thread to tell you about spoilers ....

ok I see you know how to use the spoiler box's ..but can you NOT put spoilers into the title.

The fact that the eneamy in B5LR may be called the hand is a spoiler.

So can you please keep that in mind in future.

thnakyou

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Yea, he should have used boxes, but Im not sure the name of the enemy is a spoiler. It is stated in a few of the trailers I have seen, including the recent ones. Even if it wasn't, the NAME of a race cant be that big of a deal to know before the movie comes out
wink.gif
. The rest of it should have been in boxes though...

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deviot:
The fact that the eneamy in B5LR may be called the hand is a spoiler.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Dev, but I have to disagree with you. It has been revealed in the recent promos that are airing on TV now. They have named the new enemy directly in the one that features Na'Feel. If I was Godkiller, I would not feel that particular information was spoiler material so go easy on him.
smile.gif

PS: I never did really understand why the name of the new alien race was ever a spolier since if you had told me the name of the enemy in B5 was the Shadows ... it would not tell me much. What their abilities, weaknesses, homeworld, role in the universe and any other details would be a spolier.
wink.gif

------------------
Monica Hübinette | monica.hubbe.net | The Abyss : B5
It is an infinite helix, the dance of two souls resonating, like the twist of DNA, like the vast universe. --Banana Yoshimoto (Lizard: Dreaming of Kimchee)

No, the name of the enemy is no longer a spoiler. If it's been shown, it's free-reign, and it was freely mentioned in Na'feel's trailer.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

I wouldn't worry too much about a new enemy. It's a big galaxy and there are thousands of new worlds to find and explore. (Just look at Star Trek if you don't believe me
laugh.gif
). If there is going to be a series there has to be an enemy or enemies for the Rangers to fight.

The Hand may only appear in the pilot and never be seen again, or they may be one of many new races which the Rangers will meet on their travels.

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

If the Narns in "The Gathering" are anything to go by we are probably dealing with the Helping Hand. (THat is the good guys.)

They may also know about Shadow Viruses.

------------------
Andrew Swallow

[This message has been edited by A_M_Swallow (edited December 21, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lyta:
Sorry Dev, but I have to disagree with you. It has been revealed in the recent promos that are airing on TV now. They have named the new enemy directly in the one that features Na'Feel. If I was Godkiller, I would not feel that particular information was spoiler material so go easy on him.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah well cause I am in Australia I havn't seen the promo's on TV so they only place I have heard about the hand is from reviews.

PS: I never did really understand why the name of the new alien race was ever a spolier since if you had told me the name of the enemy in B5 was the Shadows ... it would not tell me much. What their abilities, weaknesses, homeworld, role in the universe and any other details would be a spolier.
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it was for a while at least when it was first mentioned it was in a review...and it got mentioned without spoiler box's a few times and few people got annoyed...

But as I said I havn't seen the recent promos on TV which mentions the hand....

guess I just figured better safe I didn't relise it was soo well known the name(so thats why I had title changed to add spoiler info)...so sorry bout that Godkiller.

Well now I know that "the hand" is not concidered spoiler anymore so thx guys.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

[This message has been edited by Deviot (edited December 21, 2001).]

Don't worry about it too much Dev ... it is better to be safe than sorry and I just didn't want you to be too harsh on something that I am sure he didn't even realize he was doing.
wink.gif
I suppose it should have been mentioned that it had been revealed but ... oh well!

I feel for ya being in OZ even though I would love to visit there someday ... for once it is great to be in the USA.

PS: I know it was a sensitive issue about the name of the new enemy early on but I still never really got it. I respected it but I thought people were being just a tad too sensitive. But like I said before ... I guess it is better to be safe than sorry.
wink.gif

------------------
Monica Hübinette | monica.hubbe.net | The Abyss : B5
It is an infinite helix, the dance of two souls resonating, like the twist of DNA, like the vast universe. --Banana Yoshimoto (Lizard: Dreaming of Kimchee)

Knowing JMS, it wouldn't surprise me to find out that the Hand is somehow related to Londo...I believe he was referred to as such in a few prophecies and dreams and we never really saw the realization of that. The name is just too convenient...

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> While not mentioned in the Centauri trilogy, I'm sure JMS can find a way for it all to make perfect sense...after all, he handled the sudden departure of Sinclair with such grace that you almost felt it was planned.</font></td></tr></table>

What do you think?
wink.gif

------------------
Wipster

"Live Long in Prosser"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lyta:
Don't worry about it too much Dev ... it is better to be safe than sorry and I just didn't want you to be too harsh on something that I am sure he didn't even realize he was doing.
wink.gif
I suppose it should have been mentioned that it had been revealed but ... oh well!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It np all is well now
smile.gif

I feel for ya being in OZ even though I would love to visit there someday ... for once it is great to be in the USA.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love Australia mostly that really is the only thing that bothers me..access to US scifi channel, more televison show's etc

Farscape is one that bugs me big time for it is filmed here in OZ but they have only begun showing teh 2nd season here where overseas 3rd season is finished showing I beleive.

It happens allot it just a bugger being behind the rest of the world...

PS: I know it was a sensitive issue about the name of the new enemy early on but I still never really got it. I respected it but I thought people were being just a tad too sensitive. But like I said before ... I guess it is better to be safe than sorry.
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah I do agree...personally i read all spoilers when I see them anyway. but yeah some are allot more sensitive when it comes to spoiler's than others...

Funny us humans are weird!
smile.gif

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Some people just like to complain.
crazy.gif

The Name of something or someone is seldom a spoiler.

A spoiler is when you reveal a crucial high point of the story, or even worse, the Ending.

Rosebud is ....

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back