• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS's Comments on The sales of Season 1 DVD set

D

**DONOTDELETE**

JMS\'s Comments on The sales of Season 1 DVD set

Since Joe didnt post it yet this was JMS's reply to his thread of the B5 newsgroup group

"All I'll say is that Warners is, apparently, stunned."

jms

Re: JMS\'s Comments on The sales of Season 1 DVD set

Just read that on the newsgroup... woo hoo! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And I do hope he means 'stunned' in a good way. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I just read it also. I just found out today that Amazon sent my order yesterday. I pre-ordered on Aug. 13. I was hoping that the delay was do to a shortage due to WBHV. I think this is great news. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The first DVD is "In the Beginning/The Gathering" is ranked number 70 at Amazon. Not bad...

Cerberus

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Grrrreat! Just got my notification that my pre-order is on it's way! Now for the new chant....SEE-ZON TOOOO SEE-ZON TOOOO!

Hi,
The sales are good. You can't find the sets in many of the stores I have visited. This means season 2.

Paul

Fantastic news! Take *that*, TNT & Sci-Fi! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tammy

I knew the set would sell well for a few reasons.

1)ITB/TG movie disc sold pretty well
2)Word of Mouth on the net about TV shows on DVD have been huge for sales. Farscape, Stargate, Buffy, 24 all gained a lot of new fans from buying the dvd's
3)B5 Fans are sort of closet fans. They dont make a lot of noise but they are there. And there are a lot of them jumping at the chance for the set
4)WB put ad's for this first set in all the right places. On the back of the new Star Trek Magazine, Ad's at the end of Andromeda, Mutant X and a bunch of other scifi shows, a ad during Enterprise this past week. They targeted the right customers .

I went to bestbuy yesterday just to look around but while there i checked to see how the B5 sets were selling. The shelf was missing only a few but i found out it was the second batch they put out since the store open. Which was only about a hour

capt

capt

Just read that as well this morning. Excellent news. Hopefully they get to work on Seasons 2 and 3 right away. Maybe they will release them quicker than once every 6 months. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Things sound good, and I wonder if you could continue to excerpt JMS' comments on the newsgroup (or where is the newsgroup).

Also, remember that just cause a store doesn't have a lot of copies or if they are on their second batch, doesn't mean they SOLD a lot. it could also mean they didn't ORDER a lot in the first place. diffr't stores will order diffr't amounts i guess, the future shop branch i went to only had a few in comparison to how many STTNG season 5 they had.

Actually the guy i know at BB told me that was the 2nd batch they put out that day. He said they have sold a lot of sets. Putting out sets many times a day since its release on Tuesday. Went back tonight to pick up something else as a gift and just was curious to see how many B5 sets were left. They are now all sold out there and are waiting for more to come in. I heared 2 people ask for the set just while walking down that isle

capt

I just had a Hernia operation on Wednesday the 6th, so today was my first day to be out and about. My Fiancée and myself went to BestBuy here in St. Louis today to see the set. The were also sold out. I called them Friday and they said they had plenty of Season 1 DVDs. I think they are really selling well. Amazon just sent mine out Saturday. Hope to have it soon /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cerberus

Here's JMS' second comment:

>Great! While WB is in this condition, do you think you could take
>advantage of them and get them to move up the release date of Season 2?

I don't know if they'll be able to move up the date, which last I heard was
about April, but I did hear the other day that they want to get the next set up
and running asap. It's suddenly become a priority item.

Who'd've imagined?

jms

Re: JMS\'s Comments on The sales of Season 1 DVD se

You can also sign up for the mailing list of JMS posts at:

http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~ezk/b5jms/

Recoil, I actually don't mind the six month wait inbetween seasons too much. Not only does it give my pocketbook a rest but hopefully that will give them enough time to include more extras. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hopefully they get to work on Seasons 2 and 3 right away. Maybe they will release them quicker than once every 6 months.

Jeez, I hope so. I ain't getting any younger....

In another newsgroup post I mentioned to JMS how sorry I am that I'm stuck on the east coast and can't drive over to WHV and gloat. Here's his reply, which includes a line from my post:

>You probably have too much class to march over to WHV and loudly say, "I told you so!" <

We've never actually met, have we?
jms

Regards,

Joe

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gifYeah, I read that earlier. I should have suspected it was you. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The DVDs were supposed to not sell because the VHS sets didn't sell well. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Seriously, I can live with the long waits between sets as long as it's almost guaranteed that they will all actually come out, which seems to be the case.

wow, $100 for the first complete set aint bad. I didn't look at shipping and handling and taxes, but I imagine it puts the tag around $100. hmmm...christmas....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back