• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS's Comments on The sales of Season 1 DVD set

Re: JMS\'s Comments on The sales of Season 1 DVD set

When I heard rumors sometime back about B5 coming out on DVD, I bought a DVD/VCR combo. I didn't find it difficult to hook up at all. Resisting the temptation to buy DVDs is hard, though, because of all the extras you get on the disks. My DVD collection is getting pretty big.

Tammy

That DVD mail-rental thing that old Mighty was talking about interests me. If they charge you ahead of time for the postage, and all you have to do is drop it in your mailbox, I'd definitely be interested.

I'll just have to have a DVD budget until I get a collection going.

Oh, and as far as buying a DVD player just because B5 came out on DVD: /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

hypatia, I know that you love old movies like I do. Despite all the wiz-bang effects and sound stuff on newer films, I'm actually enjoying the high-quality preservation and transfers of older films more. DVD is a great thing to have for lovers of classic film. I probably have more older movies than not in my collection.

So, it's definitely worth owning for more than just B5. Even if you only use Netflix.

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Are you kidding? I'm already making a list of the DVD's I'd like to consider buying when I do have money again. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Dispite what the guy said on the phone about the replacement copy being "on the way already", when I got a status update e-mail it only said "pending shipment". So I sent back my first set last week. Today I got another status update e-mail. It has gone from "pending shipment" to "backordered".

I have mixed feelings about this. On the down side, it means that I will have wait longer to get the replacement. On the plus side, waiting for another whole batch to be shipped could reduce the odds that I have to return the second box.

At least, I can tell myself that in the mean time. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Huh! You got me worried all right.. I checked all my DVD's to be sure. Well.. the result: All are in perfect condition, no scratches or whatsoever. I bought mine through the Internet.. Because it's the only way to get B5 S1 to Finland /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Now.. my soul is happy..

Antony, you were right about amazon. They were great. I received the first shipment on Friday, told them I was returning it Sat. on line, and Monday already received my new ones! At a quick look I don't see any scratches either, even though two were loose in the package again. I've got 30 days to return the first set, so I'm going to try to hurry up and watch all of them, just in case. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have to give amazon customer service an excellent rating, and using Antony's links to purchase is always a good thing too. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

All the comments about the dvd quality have concerned me. I checked my dvd set and noticed that the fourth disc has a moderate scratch on it. So to test it, I watched it all the way through and did not notice a problem with playback. My question is, is it possible that a different dvd player could have a problem with this scratch?
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back