• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS talks B5LR set construction and cast

B5LR

Regular
<font color="#ffffff" size="+1">JMS talks B5LR set construction and cast
</font><font size="3">Plus he comments on recent B5LR.com news items</font>

A couple of days ago, JMS made a post regarding B5LR in the moderated Babylon 5 newsgroup. In it, he talked about the sets and cast, and addressed some of the recent news.

Previously, here at B5LR.com, we exclusively reported who the fan favorite would be, and who was helming the episode. However, JMS explains in the message how he can't address this news until after the Sci-Fi Channel have made their press release.

Here is his message in full, which also includes news on Crusade's ratings on the Sci-Fi Channel.

<font face="courier">Okay, some general updates....

The first week of Crusade on SFC actually outpulled B5, coming in at 1.0 for the week, with B5 at .7 (up from .6 the previous week...the series is now in its second rerun cycle at SFC, and is again beginning the pattern of rising as the arc starts moving). For the week Crusade was the #5 rated show, B5 #10.

So B5 now constitutes 2 out of the top 10 shows for SFC, and Crusade is the highest rated strip show on SFC.

On the Legend of the Rangers....

Sets are being built even as I write this. Designs have been worked out that take the B5 look to a new level, including a ship unlike anything we've ever done before, very ambitious, very different appearance.

Most of the cast has been set, there are only two roles left to be cast and those should be locked down in a couple of days. It's starting to pick up considerable speed and momentum. SFC and WB are *extremely* pleased with the script.

There are some comments here and there about the B5 actor who will appear in the TV movie, and the director, but I can't comment pending a press release from SFC, which should be out shortly.

I think people are going to be pleased and surprised by the look and feel of the show...it has an energy that feels a lot like S3 of B5...by turns funny, intense, weird, with action and some very nice character stuff.

It's gonna be very cool....</font>

OK, I'm an admitted tech nut... Any chance we may get a screenshot, or preliminary drawings of the new Ranger ship? I wonder if we will see the smaller version of the Whitestar, (the one Pres. Sher. vanished from over Corianna 6) in the new series.

------------------

I havent' got anything, and doubt I will. Getting bits of the script is one thing, but drawings is a whole different ball game.
smile.gif

You never know, some nice person connected with the show might email me today. *hint to anyone who's reading*.

------------------
Star_TrekMISC261580.jpg
<font size="-2" color="silver">"The Babylon Project was our last, best, hope for peace.
A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral
territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter
of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space,
all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of
mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is
the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is
2259: the name of the place is Babylon 5."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back