• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS still busy.. and mysterious as ever (bastard!)

Since there's no official word yet on the renewal of Jeremiah, and nothing you can officially say about the pick-up of Polaris, what's keeping you busy these days? You've got ASM and Rising Stars, of course but doesn't that leave you at least two projects short to keep you busy?

Can you at least tell us how many projects you're working on that you can't tell us about yet? :)

Since Malcolm and others have already pretty much spilled the beans, and word has gone out to the crew and cast and others and we're beginning prep next week...yeah, we've been picked up on Jeremiah. Sam Egan has left and we're bringing on Grant Rosenberg to help out in his place, mainly by working on set so I can focus more on the writing instead of having to plow through snow to stand around with the director.

So I'm hip deep in prep on Jeremiah, still waiting news on Polaris, writing Spidey, writing a new and as yet classified book for Marvel (I think they'll break the news in the next issue of Wizard), I've got 3 more issues to write for Rising Stars....

And there are two tippy-top secret projects I'm doing for companies I can't name. On one, the contracts just came in for their last revision, and as soon as they're done, we can get to work, and on the other, it looks very promising (all I can say is that it's a series, but of a different configuration than anyone's done before), but I never count chickens sans hatching. We've been working on the last item there for about six months, and we're very close to getting this going. If that happens, and that's always a big if, it's going to be something kinda huge, to be honest, with the potential to have a massive
effect on television storytelling and production. It would be a very literal paradigm shift. Which is why I can't say anything about it for now (that and the non-disclosure agreement I had to sign).

So there's your other two projects....

jms

Re: JMS still busy.. and mysterious as ever (basta

That's ok. We can have another discussion in here, because this is where it really belongs, anyway, and I can't move threads from that forum.

*bonks Channe on the head*

Hon, that thread -is- in your forum. Which is why I pointed out the discussion about JMS' post was already taking place in another thread. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

*mumbles something about writers* /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Nooooo way. I could have sworn it was in Other TV Shows. Well, that's what I get for attempting to moderate on deadline day. Let me look into it.

Re: Ahh, no wonder!

"Worth Watching in a Years Time?"

I would've never suspected that post was regarding JMS's upcoming projects. I figured it was going to be some opinion spouting about "Firefly" or some other new shows. Guess I read into it too much. I didn't bother to check it since I haven't seen any new shows.

Most of them aren't worth watching today.
/forums/images/icons/devil.gif

The "Years time" is a reference to the year it takes a new show to go from getting the go a head to being shown.

We can only dream that one of these secret projects JMS is doing is a Ranger series and that he found someone other than those dummies at Scifi to carry it. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
We can only dream that one of these secret projects JMS is doing is a Ranger series and that he found someone other than those dummies at Scifi to carry it.

[/quote]

That would be nice, or indeed if he did any B5 related project.

I'm also intrigued by Polaris - I know nothing about it (like most people) but I just get the feeling that it will be something special /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

"We can only dream..." is right. Sci-Fi still holds exclusive rights to the B5 re-runs, for how much longer, I'm not sure. It is unlikely that another network would take a spin-off without also having the original show (which was part of the Crusade problem way back when.) Either SFC's contract would have to be up by the time the new show could be launched, or the new network would have to pay for the rerun rights on top of the expense of the Rangers series itself. I'm not sure how likely this is. Besides, JMS is sufficiently well-practiced in the art of saying something without quite saying it that he would have found a way to hint at a Rangers revival without violating any NDAs. Simply saying that the new project is something that fans have been hoping for would be enough to narrow it down to Crusade or Rangers, after all. So I think we can safely discount the idea that the new projects are B5-related.

Regards,

Joe

He doesn't seem to be saying anything new, does he? He's had a "mysterious project" proposed for quite some time now. All he adds is something like it could 'revolutionize' how tv is made, or done, or something like that. Right? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Whether that is true or not, I can assume that he has what he considers to be a radically new idea. If Sci-Fi goes for it, then it will probably be planet based.

I personally think Sea-Quest was a great idea followed by some very bad choices between seasons 1 and 2. But it is true that the largest unexplored region on the planet is the vast ocean territory. (Sorry, territories! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif)

Anyhow, we'll all just have to wait. What I want to know if when will we know. He's been talking about this secret project for Sci-Fi for a long time now, hasn't he? Like a year? When will we know more? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

He's like Delenn and Dukhat...

"I didn't say anything then and I'm not saying anything now." /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Back