• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS comes to VCon

Lyta

<font color="orange">J. Michael Straczynski, the creator of Babylon 5 and Jeremiah, as well as other SF tv shows, will be speaking and answering questions at Vcon. Vcon is really excited to have a producer of Straczynski's stature appear at Vcon. He will only be by for one panel, probably on the Saturday.

Saturday afternoon is shaping up to have quite the media track.

12-1 J. Michael Straczynski (Babylon 5)
1-2 John Gajdecki (Stargate)
3-4 Ryan Nicholson (Andromeda)
4-5 Laura Bertram (Andromeda)</font color>

For more information, visit their web site at: http://www.v-con.ca/

Now confirmed by JMS himself:

<font color="orange">Just a quick note to the B5 folks in Vancouver...I'm slated to appear at V-Con in Vancouver at the Plaza 500 Hotel, Cambie and 12th, the weekend of October 12th. More on this as I know it.</font color>

The news is coming faster than I can post it. Some more information from the con organizers:

<font color="orange">He will be available only on the Saturday, probably early afternoon, and will be speaking and answering questions, maybe have time to sign autographs. Scheduling is tentative right now in terms of exact times, but JMS will be coming.</font color>

And more from the chairman when I asked about the possibility of signing things:

<font color="orange">He will doing a signing at Vcon, just after his Q&A session.</font color>

Am I the only one interested in this? /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

A tiny bit more info from JMS:

Aug.24.2002
<font color="orange">Any idea when you'll be there,

Haven't gotten a final yet, but probably Saturday or Sunday.

and in what shape or form?

Just for the sheer variety of it, I was thinking of going as a bipedal humanoid....</font color>

Why can't they ever have a con in Phoenix, Arizona? /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

My blood would probably freeze in Canada. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Anything under 90 degrees F might kill me. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Besides, classes have started again. /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Check out the web site Channe: http://www.v-con.ca/ /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

(Yes, the "V" stands for Vancouver, BC)

Mondo, whew! I was feeling a bit crazy there having a whole thread talking to myself. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

*tosses a warm sweater at Hypatia*

There, no excuse. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

That's my "real" excuse too, Channe. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Well, that and the fact that I never got into comic books. Not even when I was a kid. Sorry, I mean "graphic novels" (to be PC here). /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

All he'll probably be talking about will be his graphic novels and Jerimiah, which I can't afford to watch. (Can't afford to get Showtime, I mean. And our satellite systems don't give us local news. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif .)

Do you think this means anything for a second season of Jeremiah since it is being filmed in Vancouver? It would seem more likely than flying up to Vancover just to do a con.

Here hoping for a S2 of Jeremiah /forums/images/icons/grin.gif and a great time for people who get to go to the Con.

Cerberus

So, here is the semi-final schedule that has been posted on v-con's web site:

<font color="orange">Saturday 12:00pm
Q&A with J. Michael Straczynski

A question and answer session. Mr. Straczynski will talk about his various projects.

Saturday 2:00pm
J. Michael Straczynski Signing

(no description)</font color>

Yay! A chance to get a bunch of my stuff signed. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif These things will make even better promotional give-a-ways for the web site. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I am going to have to rack my brain to think of some good questions for the Great Maker. Anyone have suggestions? Feel free to PM me if you want.

Also, Enid-Raye Adams said she would drop by so that will be great fun as well! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I am going to have to rack my brain to think of some good questions for the Great Maker. Anyone have suggestions? Feel free to PM me if you want.

[/quote]

If JMS is doing his lets play all the characters game:

1. What are Lyta’ s thoughts on the Centauri getting away with killing all their teeps?

2. Is their anything that will cause G'Kar to play the secret agent?

3. How are JMS and his wife Kathryn D. Drennan coping with him working in Canada? (Meaning, now that JMS has got a job, have they cancelled the divorce yet?)

4. Does JMS see himself as the modern version of the village storyteller?

Me? Ask questions? You have to be kidding. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I don't EVER ask questions... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1) You've been fielding questions about, defending, and promoting your work on the Internet for about ten years now. What kind of perspective has this given you that a producer that doesn't have this direct contact with viewers may lack, and how has it affected your shows?

2) How often have you tried to re-use the name "Takashima" in your scripts?

3) If you had the chance to do the B5LR telemovie all over again, with the same budget and what you know today, what would you change, if anything at all?

4) What's the first thing you did when you heard that Jeremiah had been renewed?

5) How do you keep away the carpal tunnel syndrome?

I suppose I'll have more later... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I actually have to go back to work now... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If he knew an easy answer to the last one, he would be a few billions richer, and telling his stories without involvement from networks/studios.

It is told that in ancient times, serious hackers used to know the answer. I mean, the kinda people who could speak in machine code and used to organize hard drive races.

However, with the advent of high-level languages, it is suspected that the answer was forgotten, and now only the question remains. Perhaps they are mutually exclusive?

Meaning, if you know how to avoid carpal tunnel syndrome, you never ask how to avoid it, because it never occurs to you, and you have no reason to wonder.

If you ask the question, which must precede answering it, you must have a reason to ask, such as wrists getting somewhat achy. At that point, avoidance is no longer possible -- only keeping it from developing into a full nuisance.

Sorry if my response was obtuse. It was not my intention. It is simply that, as far as I know, JMS has his share of this trouble (quite a bit more than he would care to have).

A good way to avoid CTS had not been found yet. If one writes a lot, writing carefully allows diminishing the extent of trouble, but entirely avoiding it, with the current state of affairs, is not possible.

Now curing it, instead of avoiding it, might be possible at some time. At the current time, even "curing" means a temporary relief.

The question was somewhat srange. Given its oddity, it simply caught my attention. I did not mean to be obtuse, just doubted if he can answer, or if questions regarding this matter could lead to any truly interesting discussion/response.

Imagining myself in his place... would I really care to discuss nerve and joint ailments when I have the option of discussing matters of actual interest, past, present and future?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back