• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

jeremiah newbie

Nancy

Beyond the rim
I was channelsurfing yesterday when I came upon an episode of Jeremiah (the one with Jason Priestly). I have to say, it was pretty good. :) I think I'll tune in next week to see more of this show. :cool: Unfortunately, I haven't seen the pilot so I don't know much of what's going on. All I know is that the earth was whipped out by something and only the kids survived. Is the episode with Jason Priestly far into the series?

Hey Nancy! Glad you poked your head into my forum. :)

I had to re-read your post a few times because I forgot you were in Canada. :LOL: Anyway, you just saw episode #4 (...And the Ground, Sown With Salt) so you haven't really missed much other than some backstory/set up stuff. "...And the Ground" was one of my favorite episodes from the first season.

PS: You can always check out my site and episode guide here if you want to catch up:
http://abyss.hubbe.net/jeremiah/eps/index.html

Oooh, Nancy. You're in for a good ride. Just -- hmm, there are a few that may want to sidetrack you off, but... don't do it! It's worth it! :)

A couple of the first season ones are somewhat weak. Firewall and Tripwire are really the equivalents of "Signs and Portents" and "Chrysalis", if you want a comparison. Overall, a very good season. Season 2 has started off with a bang as well.

-Tim

I had to re-read your post a few times because I forgot you were in Canada.
??? I don't get this. :confused:

So, up to date, there are 2 seasons? Does this show have an arc like b5? Sorry about the questions, I don't want to read the other posts before I've seen more Jeremiah and understand the show better. Oh yeah, and last question, is jms leaving the show?

Thanks Lyta for the link. :D

Yes, Jeremiah is in it's second season. There is no news about a third but it isn't likely because JMS has stated he is not returning if there was going to be one. He stated issues with MGM and that they were "the most heinous, difficult and intrusive studio I've ever worked for."

It sounds like you are watching Jeremiah on Global (the syndicated or toned down) version of it in Canada. Season two is showing in Canada as well but only on premium channels like Movie Central and The Movie Network.

As for an arc, yes there is one and I think that Jeremiah's S1 was a little better laid out than B5's S1 arc. Granted, some of the S1 episodes weren't delivered quite as strongly as B5's but the arc elements are definitely there if you pay close enough attention. ;)

We don't know yet because season two has only just started. JMS did say this however ...

JUL.31.2003
Did you approach parts of the second season finale knowing that you wouldn't be doing the third season?

Yes. That thought was pretty much all that kep me going at the end.

My question is whether there will be some sense of closure at the end of the second season. Will people be able to look on the first two seasons as some sort of whole project and enjoy it as such? Or will we be left hanging and wondering what might have been?

No, it actually does have some closure to it. So if that were to be the last season, it would have a good end to it.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JUL.31.2003
Did you approach parts of the second season finale knowing that you wouldn't be doing the third season?

Yes. That thought was pretty much all that kep me going at the end.

My question is whether there will be some sense of closure at the end of the second season. Will people be able to look on the first two seasons as some sort of whole project and enjoy it as such? Or will we be left hanging and wondering what might have been?

No, it actually does have some closure to it. So if that were to be the last season, it would have a good end to it.
Well, that's good.

With all this Jeremiah talk, I can't wait until next week to see the next episode! :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back