• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

It sure sounds like Tafeek will be in the series

A while back, Antony said that he thought Tafeek (the "political and first contact guy") fell under the category of "TV movie only", and would not be in the Rangers series (if there is one). But the new JMS interview in Prevue Magazine sure makes it sound like he'll be in the series:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> STRACZYNSKI: You also need a tactical first contact person, because you are going to be making contact with new civilizations and you want a person trained in first contact protocol, so that no one starts a war inadvertently by saying the wrong thing. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So why isn't he in either of the two cast pictures that I've seen? Any ideas? Might he be the equivalent of Lochley in Crusade, only showing up in a handful of episodes for at least the first season? Or maybe he just doesn't have a very large role in the pilot?

------------------

Or maybe got caught in traffic the day the cast photo was taken.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Actually, there is no reason why that character must survive just because the idea of his position is a good one. And BTW, as others point out so consistently, no one has promised any series whatsoever yet. As much as we all hope...

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

Remember what seems to be one of JMS' most cardinal rules:

IT ONLY HURTS IF IT HAPPENS TO SOMEONE YOU LOVE.

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire and The Next JMS
--
B5 Synchroninity of the Day: I just found out that the new dorm I'm living in next year has been named Breen Hall.

Hate to head off all your rabid speculations, but Mr. Storch was simply out of town on another commitment when we did the publicity photos. Directing a play in Edmonton if memory serves.

Im sure he would have been there if he could. It was not exclusion by design.....as far as I know.....
(uncertain ending provided to leave a small window for more wild speculations and second guessing)

------------------

Gus,

Did you reply so we would stop talking about David and start talking about you?

Vanity!
Vanity!
tongue.gif

------------------
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in a confederacy against him.
-Jonathan Swift

Touche.
tongue.gif

There should be much more Gus Lynch discussion going on though.

After all, I am FASCINATING
at least, thats what my mom tells me.

Umm, that last remark feels off topic......

Yours in comradeship,
Gus Lynch

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gus Lynch:

(uncertain ending provided to leave a small window for more wild speculations and second guessing)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How considerate of you. Wild speculations and second guessing is one of our major imports from this little corner of cyberspace...

cool.gif

Ro

------------------
I have no surviving
enemies. At all.

Like we need any opennings to begin wildly speculating!
wink.gif

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>There should be much more Gus Lynch discussion going on though.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aha! Now we find the real reason for Lynch's suggestion in another thread that I somehow lack humility. (When, in fact, I am renowned throughout the world for my humility.
smile.gif
) Jealously, jealously, jealously. He's just upset that there are more threads devoted to me around here than there are to him.
laugh.gif
You'd think a professional actor would be above such pettiness. What is he going to do when the fan-mail starts coming in and and Dylan gets more than he does?
smile.gif

[scampers away]

laugh.gif

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Well, now your mom, me and your agent know who you are.

Maybe I should start a fan club to increase the level of Gus Lynch awareness?

Not that a modest person like yourself would care about that sort of thing!
shocked.gif

------------------
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in a confederacy against him.
-Jonathan Swift

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back