• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Invisible man vanishes

westtim

Beyond the rim
Just heard that "The invisible man" has been canceled. This is one of SFC's higher rated programs. I may not have my facts straight, but I believe the cancelation was due in part to the syndication deal falling through.

What does this have to do with Rangers?
Simply wondering if this increases the chance for a Rangers series. Any folks out there who are familiar with the business know?

------------------

Honestly, it probably doesn't have anything to do with Rangers at all whatsoever. Sci-Fi has already made their opinion clear as to the status of Rangers...

------------------
Channe, who lives for the One and dies for the peanut-butter pie
--
"The secret of writing: get your character up a tree, and throw rocks at him." -JMS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by westtim:
Just heard that "The invisible man" has been canceled. This is one of SFC's higher rated programs.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It didn't actually do all that well last season. It's numbers were lower than the already cancelled First Wave.

Overall financing always is relevant.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>What does this have to do with Rangers?
Simply wondering if this increases the chance for a Rangers series. Any folks out there who are familiar with the business know?[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think of it like your family or personal budget. You have X dollars to spend and Y time slots to fill with new programming. If you only have Y-2 programs bought, you'd better find something else. If they are all filled, you can't buy anything else.

Note that given the current financial advertising revenue challenges FY2001's Y may not be the same as FY2002's Y.

So is it relevant? Absolutely. Sufficient to create a buy decision. Not likely.

Best,
Alyson

------------------

that's too bad. i really enjoyed that show. it was very tongue-in-cheek and had a godo sense of humor throughout. too bad, i'll miss it.

although, the show has been syndicated for a while now. i've seen it on regular network tv. maybe the show's producers will continue on with the series anyway and rely on the syndiation deals to keep it alive. shows like 'v.i.p.' and 'lost world' and others have been doing this. i don't see why invisible man couldn't do it, too.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nixflix:
shows like 'v.i.p.' and 'lost world' and others have been doing this. i don't see why invisible man couldn't do it, too.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't know about VIP, but Lost World seems to be an international project, and likely costs the stations a fair bit less per episode.

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.
-- Harlan Ellison quoting Gustave Flaubert

drakh@spamcop.net

Heya I am going to move this on over to Other TV shows & films as the original query has been answered and I beleive this thread would be more relevant there.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back