• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

I was wondering why all the actors were so down to earth

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Then I realized that the majority of them are Canadian... everything then made sense
smile.gif
I just have to mention that I remember Dylan Neal from Captain Power, I actually have it on tape somewhere since I taped it when I was 9 years old (It was my favourite show). Anyways I'm looking forward to the movie, I hope it won't turn out as bad as the Soul Hunter movie or the Thirdspace one.

------------------

I still haven't seen the Soul Hunter movie. And I rather liked Third Space. The villians were cool.
cool.gif

------------------
--Never argue with an
idiot. They will drag you
down to their level and
then beat you with
experience.--

Hey guys thanks for the kind words. I don't know if the reason that we all seem down to earth is that we are Canadians so much as we all seem to maintain a respect for the work and our craft. From our time together I can tell you that we all want to tell good stories and do good work with good people, that happended on the shooting of the film, working with Joe, Mike, Doug, Andreas, the whole crew and cast. The want for goodness surrounds our lives so we hopefully atract that goodness. We also are all people with lives outside of acting. Acting is only a part of a balanced life that includes family, friends and fun. Hope you all enjoy the film. Take care...Alex Zahara.

------------------
Dulann

"Captain Power?" Is that the show where they all wore those Laser Tag suits and shot fake laser beams at each other? I don't know what that show was, but I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it. It was rockin back then. Wonder what happened to it?

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by alex zahara:
Hey guys thanks for the kind words. I don't know if the reason that we all seem down to earth is that we are Canadians so much as we all seem to maintain a respect for the work and our craft. From our time together I can tell you that we all want to tell good stories and do good work with good people, that happended on the shooting of the film, working with Joe, Mike, Doug, Andreas, the whole crew and cast. The want for goodness surrounds our lives so we hopefully atract that goodness. We also are all people with lives outside of acting. Acting is only a part of a balanced life that includes family, friends and fun. Hope you all enjoy the film. Take care...Alex Zahara.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah that Canadian comment was more of a joke more then anything since I'm Canadian
smile.gif
It's really cool to see the cast/production crew pop in from time to time to speak with the fans.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nixflix:
"Captain Power?" Is that the show where they all wore those Laser Tag suits and shot fake laser beams at each other? I don't know what that show was, but I remember waking up early on the weekends to watch it. It was rockin back then. Wonder what happened to it?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah thats the show, it got cancelled after the first season. It actually had some decent writing from none other then jms himself

------------------

I would love, love, love to be able to work in an environment such as you seem to have had on B5LR.

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire, the next JMS, neo-academic, President of the Unofficial Society For The Appreciation Of Captain Martel, and keeper of the Sacred Flame Of The Madrecasa.

I'm actually a miserable son a bitch, but since I'm Canadian my outbursts are often mistaken for kind words of praise. It's something my American therapist is working on, with his help one day I hope to become a true bastard.

By the way, if onearmedmidget has any compassion he will quickly find that old copy of Captain Power and BURN IT before I find it and destroy it myself. Fourteen years ago, 2nd job ever, nuff said...

Cheers,(whoops... I mean have a lousy day)

Dylan
tongue.gif

------------------

Dylan,
At least you didn't break into the biz with ALF..... or that musical cop show...
-Devin Barber

------------------
-Devin Barber

Ah, those young and foolish days, when we are so wont to work...

...The first thing I ever had printed in a real medium was a ratty editorial piece in a medium-sized newspaper three years ago. Let me just say, if anybody dug it up right now, I'd find my lighter SO FAST you couldn't say lickety-split. I flinch at it now.

Dylan, you do know that somebody's going to find old episodes of Captain Power and screen them for large audiences at conventions. It's going to happen... if it hasn't already. *angelic smile*

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire, the next JMS, neo-academic, President of the Unofficial Society For The Appreciation Of Captain Martel, and keeper of the Sacred Flame Of The Madrecasa.

Captain Power is still going strong on SPACE
early every Sunday morning (or it was until a week ago). I used to get up early enough to watch it but then they pushed it back to two hours earlier and that was just too much.

My interest was in the dialogue. Sometimes things were said which could have come right of Babylon 5.
smile.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dylan Neal:

By the way, if onearmedmidget has any compassion he will quickly find that old copy of Captain Power and BURN IT before I find it and destroy it myself. Fourteen years ago, 2nd job ever, nuff said...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But these things have to exist so that, some time in the (near) future, when your star is high in the entertainment world, someone will come across that rerun and wonder if it was really you!

Any of you familiar with Steven Berkoff? Very powerful, very emotional and intellectual actor who is very much into theatre that makes you think and feel. Keen on experimental theatre as well. I wonder if his CV still includes his appearance as "Astronaut" in Gerry Anderson's "UFO". Someday, Mr Neal, someone will wonder the same thing about your appearance on "Captain Power..."
smile.gif

------------------

What's funny (or scary in my case) is that my episodes of Captain Power are probably far from the most embarrassing performances I've ever delivered (and those episodes are indeed bad). Fortunately IMDB doesn't list even 2% of what I've done over the years and my resume about the same - and guess what, I'm not talking!
laugh.gif

I'll have someone post my cast bio ( a little overdue I know...) when Antony gets around to contacting me ( hint, hint). All I can say is thank God soaps don't have reruns.
laugh.gif
crazy.gif

Cheers,

Dylan

------------------

Hey there Dylan,

I was looking for a Young Jonathan Power pic and I just came across a picture of you in a black hat and suspenders, shades of Billy Idol.....

How much would you pay me to keep the link to myself?

Just kidding. It is a rough business though, ain't it?

------------------
"When something we value is destroyed, we rebuild it. If it's destroyed again we rebuild it again. And again, and again, and again. Until it stays. "
~Jeffrey Sinclair

You have no idea. The lows can be so very, very low and yet the highs can be truly amazing. At least there's excitement around every corner, which is more than what most jobs offer.

Ah yes, the suspenders....one of those low periods many moons ago.

------------------

Well, with or without Rangers, it looks like your career is picking up speed.
So good luck. You deserve it.

Now I've got to go and be further bored by Enterprise.

------------------
"When something we value is destroyed, we rebuild it. If it's destroyed again we rebuild it again. And again, and again, and again. Until it stays. "
~Jeffrey Sinclair

I'm looking forward to seeing the movie too but I dont think the actors being down to earth just because their canadian has no barring at all they could be from any other country in the world maybe they get along well
Just my two cents
------------------

[This message has been edited by Shaal Mayan (edited October 03, 2001).]

So, Dylan - Was Dawson's Creek a high or a low?

------------------

[This message has been edited by channe (edited October 03, 2001).]

Well Channe I have to say Dawson's is merely a paycheck, albeit a very healthy paycheck after five years of raises (one of the benefits of not being under contract with them). I'm not an integral part of that show. My character is used as a structural device because the show is so insular; relying essentially on just four characters to propel the majority of the storylines. Occassionally Pacey needs someone else to pass the ketchup if you know what I mean.

The kids are great but we don't hang out that much with such an age difference. I spend more time with Joshua Jackson than anyone else, partly because of our storylines and partly because we're both Canadian with similar sensibilities. He's competely jealous of me shooting a Ranger series in Vancouver if we get a green light since that's his hometown.

I've been fortunate to have a special arrangement with that show since I can come and go depending on what I'm being offered, they always leave the door open for me to come back. So I would say it's neither a high or a low but merely treading water....and the water's fine.
smile.gif

Cheers,

Dylan

------------------

Just to let Dylan know
smile.gif
that his episodes of Captain Power should be on the Canadian Space channel December 8th and 15th at 6:30am and 9th,16th at 6:00am. So watch for them!

------------------

Back