• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

I hate JMS!!

GKarsEye

Regular
Goddamnit! I was so happy with my cable service: basic cable with Skinemax and HBO, as a part of a total package that includes high-speed internet and phone service. Splitting the bill with my roommate, and it's a good deal.

I never missed Showtime. I mean, they show movies, right? If I wanna see a movie, I just rent it. Ok, no problem.

But along comes JMS with another show, which of course I have to watch somehow. So now I have to get Showtime.
mad.gif

Blast you, JMS! Blast you!

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

*sighs desperately*

I'm in your boat, GKarsEye, except with my current living situation I can't get Showtime. At ALL. I don't know anybody with Showtime. At ALL.

My world is at an end.

So, no Luke Perry for me. No Alex Zahara (with hair). No Malcolm-Jamal Warner or post-apocalyptic hope or Jeremiah or JMS' fantastic writing or even the work of some dude running the camera or running around with duct tape...

Oh, horrid! How could I come to this terrible end?

(Ok, so it's not so bad. I'm exaggerating.
wink.gif
But I -am- annoyed, because it'll take me, oh, two years to see it in syndication...?

Unless they put it out on DVD...!)

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -apollo four forty

Hmm, Channe, you could always ... oh I don't know ... perhaps bribe someone to send you tapes or something.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

I'm not saying anything. I didn't say anything then and I'm not saying anything now... It's been a long day. I must go to my sanctum and meditate on this in private.
wink.gif

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 | Rangers Sponsor List
Pouch-sucking spawn of a bladder fish! Son of a fitch piece of smelt! Tok-swallowing fenbarger! Thrak it! --Na'Feel swearing in B5LR

March 3, 2002 at 5 pm I will be watching Jeremiah on the east coast feed and I will watch it again at 8 pm when it is on the west coast feed. Thank you DirecTV and JMS.
cool.gif

------------------
Remember dear readers, you heard it here first. Off the record, on the Q.T., and very hush-hush - Danny DeVito as Sid Hudgens in L.A. Confidential

*grumbles*

Ok, it is official that I hate the cable companies. I had to get digital cable in order to get this one premium channel which nearly doubles our cable bill. Ah, the things I do for my JMS fix!
wink.gif

------------------
Words are magical. Intellectual banquets. Orgies of ideas. --Anaïs Nin

It better be a good show, right, Lyta?
smile.gif

Well, ehm, at least you can get Showtime. My rent contract forbids that sorta thing...

Sigh. Episode guides and petitioning people who DO have Showtime for me, callooh callay...

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space

Well, I have Direct TV at my house, and at the moment, we don't have Showtime. It would cost an extra $12 bucks or something a month for it. I was gonna have to fork over the bucks, but my friend has Showtime already.
smile.gif
Alas, I will prob be seeing them a few days later, but at least I can see them!

invalensname

------------------
**In Starlight**

"There is always hope. Only because its the one thing no one's figured out how to kill, yet."
--Galen, 'Crusade'

Oh, crackers!

I *thought* my friend had Showtime - turns out the extra $30 a month was too much for her to handle, so she got rid of it.

Ah, well, there's always the episode guides...

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
It better be a good show, right, Lyta?
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn straight! I wish I could split the cost with someone since I only want one extra channel. Grr. I have a friend who has digital cable but doesn't have a working VCR. Besides, I don't think I could rely on my friends for satisfying my obession with JMS.
wink.gif

Hmm, too bad you are all the way on the other side of the country Channe ... I'd let you borrow my tapes.
smile.gif

------------------
Words are magical. Intellectual banquets. Orgies of ideas. --Anaïs Nin

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lyta:
Hmm, too bad you are all the way on the other side of the country Channe ... I'd let you borrow my tapes.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*writhes* Oh! Evil! You taunt me, madam!
smile.gif

Oh, well. I'll find someone, even if it has to be through the U.S. Postal Service...

------------------

Well I'm in the catergory of can't get showtime and don't know who does I've read as much as I can about Jeremiah and it sounds really interesting.

------------------

I fall under the "Won't get Showtime. Even for JMS." category.

I'll wait for it on syndication.
smile.gif

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

I think we're gonna get digital cable anyways, so I might as well get Showtime. Although I doubt it will still be running by the time I get digital.

------------------
My name: Solaris5....
My mission: to burst the bubble of idiocy that has enveloped everyone and bring common sense back from beyond the rim.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
*writhes* Oh! Evil! You taunt me, madam!
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*cackles gleefully*

I don't think these services will be available by the time Jeremiah airs but I heard that the TiVo Series 2 will have the capibility to share programs with other subscribers. So, we will all just need to get a TiVo S2 and just download it from my TiVo. *evilgrin*

Well, at the very least you can enter to win one of their S2 units from TiVo's Contest page.
wink.gif

Open only to U.S. residents who, as of date of entry, are 18 years of age or older. Sorry Sol! See, another reason to move to the US. *bigevilgrin*

BTW, how long are you expecting your digital cable install to take? Or are you saying that you don't expect Jeremiah to last very long? *scratchs her head*

------------------
Tell your friend, if I were a god, I would have more hair and a deeper voice. --JMS

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back