• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

How many household get Showtime???

StarStuff

Regular
Am I right in remembering that the Sci Fi channel is in approximatley 18 million households? Does anyone know how many household receive the premium channel Showtime (on which Jermiah will be shown)?

I would love to see it but we already pay $38.08 per month for basic cable (which includes Sci Fi) and am reluctant to add Showtime even for Jeremiah.

------------------
God be between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk.

I'm not sure as to how many households get Showtime, but I know I don't have it. I pay just about the same as you for cable, and I have enough other expenses as it is. I'd like to be able to see Jeremiah, but I really can't afford to add Showtime for just one show.

------------------
"I welcome you and present this place to you as a gift. I am called Valen, and we have much work ahead of us."
-Valen, War Without End Pt.2

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by StarStuff:
Am I right in remembering that the Sci Fi channel is in approximatley 18 million households?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SFC is about 70 million households or something like that.

------------------
www.zone.ee/b5project

Cable still hasn't made it to my neck of the woods. I use an antenna for local channels and DirecTV for everything else. DirecTV is 31.99/month + 12.00/month for an additional premium package (Showtime package includes 9 movie channels).

------------------
Remember dear readers, you heard it here first. Off the record, on the Q.T., and very hush-hush - Danny DeVito as Sid Hudgens in L.A. Confidential

I added Showtime specifically for Stargate (which is moving to SFC in it's next season) and in anticipation of [/b]Jeremiah[/b].

I keep HBO specifically for The Sopranos and Project Greenlight, though I'm thinking of cancelling that subscription in the next month or two.

In this entertainment era of DVD releases very early on, on demand payperview, and second run movie houses in most major cities, original programming will become increasingly necessary for premium channels to thrive.

Cheap reality programming will not do it for them. They have to provide something not available on broadcast tv or basic cable.

Like it or not, I think this may be the best hope for really innovative Spec Fiction on TV. It also allows a more direct line of financial support from viewer's pockets to the programming source.

I don't know how many subscribers Showtime has nationally, but I hope that it swells as Jeremiah finds an eager audience.

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back