• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

High volume at scifi.com?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

What is going on at scifi.com? Does anyone here know why their Bboards keep getting locked up? I've seen alot of the same handles here so maybe someone here knows what's going on over there. Thanks
Car

------------------

I used to go to their board all the time, but quit because I didn't like it any more. But I do pop back in every once in a while and when I do, I can see that their board is not a very active place. It used to be that there were new posts every day there. Now I have seen whole days go by with no one posting anything at all.

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

I used to go there and post on the B5 board almost every day but it got really weird for a while with a couple of posters who wrote a kind of gibberish so I stopped going. I sometimes go back and have a quick look but it's not interesting any more.
crazy.gif

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

As a follow up I just checked out the B5 board and it looks fine to me. In fact there are some quite interesting posts there. They are also talking about WWE.
smile.gif

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

I agree about the gibberish posters. Also the site is frequently very slow, and plagued by the most incredibly annoying pop-up and pop-under ads.
mad.gif
I rarely posted there but used to lurk frequently until I couldn't take anymore. I think many who used to post there have moved to b5lr for the same reasons, plus this messageboard is much better (Thanks Antony).
smile.gif

------------------
"Triple cypher...wine...women...song." - Ambassador Londo Mollari, Born to the Purple

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CartagiaII:
What is going on at scifi.com? Does anyone here know why their Bboards keep getting locked up? I've seen alot of the same handles here so maybe someone here knows what's going on over there. Thanks
Car

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used to go over there a lot, but don't do it much now. Reasons:

1. Their board is S L O W.

2. They have tons of really annoying pop-up ads. I had to cripple my browser just to be able to tolerate the place.

3. Their search engine is utterly horrible. It doesn't find stuff that I know is there, and finds records that do not contain the search criteria. It's useless.

4. Their board severly lacks organization. It's all in a hodge-podge, haystack of information. This coupled with #1 & #3, makes their site a royal pain-in-the-butt to use.

5. Their site is cast in stone. This site was much better than Sci-Fi's when I first got here, and has continually gotten better. This site is responsive to the users.

6. This site has avatars.

I still go over to:

SCIFI.COM - Babylon 5 BBoard http://www.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/1957

and

SCIFI.COM - The Legend of the Rangers BBoard http://www.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/2414

... occasionally. Thankfully, because traffic is down[1], those sites are now easier to use.
smile.gif

[1] By this, I mean traffic in SCIFI.COM - Babylon 5 and SCIFI.COM - The Legend of the Rangers BBoards, not traffic on SCIFI.COM as a whole.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US). http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited December 13, 2001).]

Yeah, I still go over there for the farscape board when I have spare time. Some days have high volume problems where others are just fine. Someone there mentioned that scifi might have lost one of their t1 or t2 lines, but I don't know if that had any basis in fact. Just from the farscape board I can see why volume would be a problem. Everyone creates posts not a lot of people reply. That and things like someone making ten different posts to wish different people happy birthday instead of making one post and listing the people create quite a clutter.

As soon as I found this place my visits to their B5 board became almost nonexistant, becoming completely so when Channe finished her newbie reviews.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

The only reason I didn't come over here when I was a newbie was the fact that B5LR.com wasn't at the time configured to keep spoilers from getting out.

Thanks, Gonzo, for the thing about the newbie reviews. I keep on meaning to do more, for Farscape, but my work is keeping me busy.

However, there *will* be a Newbiecolumn waiting on January 20, mark me that.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

I too, quit posting at Scifi.com because of the slowness of the site and all those stupid pop up adds.

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

Moving to off-topic.

------------------
"You're going to die screaming and I'm going to watch."
-- Charlie, The Long Kiss Goodnight.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back