• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Hey, Sarah's Trading Card is Up at Sci-Fi !

KoshN

Super Moderator
Hey, Sarah\'s Trading Card is Up at Sci-Fi !

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/tradingcards/

smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Re: Hey, Sarah\'s Trading Card is Up at Sci-Fi !

Saw it a while ago, sent that slowpoke
laugh.gif
Antony a mail about it. The video clip was neat.

------------------
"The world is a cold, heartless place... It's hurt you and it's hurt me.
But no more! For now I have the power DiTillio - The power to end the world!" (hear it)
-- Jeremy, "Ragnarok and Roll", The Real Ghostbusters

drakh@spamcop.net

So, Sarah Cantrell was on the Enfalli under the command of Captain Adams. Which means - she was with Martel when he made his grevious error. So, she goes with Martel to serve on this rustbucket Liandra, which means she's pretty durned loyal to him.

I wonder if anyone else was serving on the Enfalli at that time?

There's one connection.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

[This message has been edited by channe (edited December 07, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deviot:

I still think it amusing they call it trading cards.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It aint a trading card unless it comes with gum. Flat, pink, rockhard sugar flavored gum that is unchewable within 3 minutes of popping it in your mouth.

Thats my opinion. But Im old school.

G

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Flat, pink, rockhard sugar flavored gum that is unchewable within 3 minutes of popping it in your mouth.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And in December, you could shatter it like glass! Oh yeah!
laugh.gif

------------------
"Draal gave Zathras list of things not to say.
This was one. No.... *tsk tsk*
No. Not good.
Not supposed to mention... "one", or... THE one.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

They are suits... we must pity them, for suits have neither brain nor creative urge...

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gus Lynch:
It aint a trading card unless it comes with gum. Flat, pink, rockhard sugar flavored gum that is unchewable within 3 minutes of popping it in your mouth.

Thats my opinion. But Im old school.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah my opinion is the same as you on this subject.

I also hope they make a pack of playing cards with the B5LR crew on it..I got a set of playing cards here at home with all pics from the the 5 year babylon 5 arc.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Just took a look at the Mac version of the cards, and noticed that the video clips were of notably better quality than in either Windows version. For those interested, I've put them up on my web space, and you can view them with QuickTime.

The Martel clip
The Cantrell clip

------------------
"I know how you're feeling... You don't know whether to kiss me or kill me."
"I'm a black widow spider you idiot - I can do both." (hear it)
-- Silverbolt & Blackarachnia, "The Agenda, part 2", Beast Wars

drakh@spamcop.net

[This message has been edited by drakh (edited December 09, 2001).]

FEEL FREE TO LAUGH - I'm going to be extremely nitpicky in this post -

Right up until Sinclair, and Marcus, no human had defeated a Minbari in single, hand-to-hand combat. Even Marcus, when faced with Neroon, could have been killed by the latter - if it had not been for Marcus' set of convinctions that he would do all that nonsense for The One. Minbari are, frankly, stronger and more physically powerful than Humans.

Anybody notice that Martel defeated the Minbari dude in the clip?

laugh.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
Minbari are, frankly, stronger and more physically powerful than Humans.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This goes all the way back to Soul Hunter, when Franklin noted that losing as much blood as Delenn did would have killed a human. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Anybody notice that Martel defeated the Minbari dude in the clip?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Strength and thoughness goes only so far without skill, and from Martel's tone I'd guess that was a Ranger trainee he was instructing in staff combat. Somewhat different from an experienced warrior.

------------------

drakh@spamcop.net

Yeah, I thought of the trainee thing. It did look like they were within a training setting. However, for some reason, it struck me as an "I-told-you-so" scenario mostly because of his tone of voice, which had a bit of malice in it. Also, the Minbari on the ground looked middle-aged, and the expression on his face was not one of a student who's just been rightfully whupped - it's of someone who's utterly surprised he HAS been whupped.

I could be wrong, of course
smile.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
Yeah, I thought of the trainee thing. It did look like they were within a training setting. However, for some reason, it struck me as an "I-told-you-so" scenario mostly because of his tone of voice, which had a bit of malice in it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'd think that a lot of Minbari would feel being taught by a human to be beneath them. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Also, the Minbari on the ground looked middle-aged,<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>He did? Ah, well, I generally suck at telling people's age.

------------------

drakh@spamcop.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drakh:
I'd think that a lot of Minbari would feel being taught by a human to be beneath them. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder if B5LR is going to have a lot of that sort of attitude - after all, we're still in the fledgling years after Sinclair allowed humans to join the Rangers. Minbari are pretty set in their ways.

I think it would be interesting.

------------------

It's a pretty good bet that one of the things Sinclair did was to set up the training so that by the time a Ranger candidate has made it all the way through, all the nonsense about "Species Superiority" has been whupped out of his/her head.

You see a continuation of this in Delenn when she solves the "problem" of what to do with the Pak'Ma'Ra.
She stops the debate about their "deficiencies" and identifies their Strengths.
laugh.gif

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

Back