• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Hello from a long winded Cap'n Dave

Re: Hello from a long winded Cap\'n Dave

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Writing can also be a bitch and destroy your faith forever. When you write, you think. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, I could use this as some very powerful debate fodder, but don't worry, I'll spare you all.
laugh.gif

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

I think one of the great things about B5 is the respect it gives to religions and the religious -- regardless of what JMS may believe. It's obvious he repects faith.

Compare it to the condescending view the Trek scripts take (Sisko aside, though of course, that's an alien religion) of "oh yes, how cute and quaint it is for you to believe in that sort of thing; but when you become as advanced as we are, you'll see through all that voodoo stuff..."

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

[This message has been edited by Mondo Londo (edited August 03, 2001).]

To all the actors and production staff thanks for visiting this board,and a big thanks to JMS as well, one of the main reasons, I lurk on this board is that there are such good posts here.
I just hope we get the Pilot in the UK, Channel 4 have been pretty good with regards to showing B5 and the tv movies in the past and I hope that this situation continues,if not I'm sure that the sci-fi channel over here will pick it up.
Before someone flames me, the distibution rights vary from the USA, which means that although the sci- fi channel may be backing the possible pilot,it may be releasd over here on SKY, Channel 4 or even video first,if antony or anybody else has any info on what is liable to happen I would love to know, I'm just going by past experience.
Again greetings to all, cast and crew and fans.Thanks for making this board a great place to visit.

Steve "aka" D.D.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Dodgy (edited August 04, 2001).]

Well Channe I would certainly describe the film as engaging, with a good amount of action and intrigue. I wouldn't say it is overly cerebral, but knowing JMS, the series would dabble in that territory particularly in light of some issues that are brought up in the movie.

If we succeded, there will be plenty to keep your eyes glued to the screen.

I don't know about the others but I've tried to catch B5 on Sci Fi when I can. I don't want to go overboard until I know the fate of the series.

By the way, the network has just asked if I would do some more interviews for the film. So for those who are worried the network isn't doing anything, I would say remember we've got a long way to go before January.

I know I've been active on the board here the last few days, I've had some free time as of late. Work is picking up though, so I may not be around quite as much, we'll have to see.

Cheers,
Dylan

------------------

to answer your question, the makeup was only difficult on the first day cause i had no idea what i was in for. after that, it was a breeze. it takes about 2 hours to get in makeup and about 45 minutes to get it all off. its definitely an experience!
stay well,
enid-raye

------------------

Just Please don't go developing any Allergies to the makeup.
wink.gif

That's what happened to Julie Caitlin Brown as Na'Toth. I met her at a convention. She said her dermatologist told her that she'd end up with scars if she didn't stop. Just as she was really starting to Enjoy being Na'toth.
frown.gif

Luckilly, she also got some nice offers for Other roles about that same time.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

In the "it's a small B5 Universe", department, I tuned in the Skiffy Channel's "Interceptor Force" movie tonight and who should I see but Brother Edward (Brad Dourif).
cool.gif

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

Hey, guys! Welcome aboard. As I'm sure you've gathered by now (but I'll say it again anyway!) we all really appreciate you guys taking the time to come and talk to us.

"Be seeing you..."
wink.gif

------------------

I haven't always liked everything that Brad Dourif has been in, but I always have liked seeing Brad Dourif. I think he's an excellent actor. However, I'd love to see him playing another role than a wild-eyed psycho.

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire and The Next JMS
--
B5 Synchroninity of the Day: I just found out that the new dorm I'm living in next year has been named Breen Hall.

Welcome to the board everyone.

Don't worry the crazies here are the fun kind of crazy not the scary kind.

------------------
Bus

"Yeah, we could start our own game where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing's the way it seems."-Homer

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Don't worry the crazies here are the fun kind of crazy not the scary kind. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assume this is self-inclusive.
laugh.gif

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

Welcome the Captain.

Glad to hear that you have got some work whilst you wait for LOTR. Drop by when you have time, put your feet up and have a cup of tea
laugh.gif

Thanks for everything.

------------------
Ranger Elenopa

"You can get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you can with just a kind word"

Well first off welcome Dylan Neal. And I will also say you should definitly watch all of B5 including Crusade
smile.gif

If not just for research of the babylon 5 universe but for the enjoyment of it
smile.gif

Oh hey sorry guys for me not being around in last week or so my computer blew up on me and I had to fix it
frown.gif
but all fixed ..til next time heh

Trust me to be away when lots of fun happens .

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Just want to add my voice to the chorus of fans here and say welcome to all the cast members & crew who post here.

Hey Gonzo, when you said "scary crazy", you didn't mean me, right?........Right?

Crazybillyo, look!! I'm posting in a forum besides the off topic lounge!!! Where's my cookie?

------------------
THRAWN
Official ambassador
to Babylon 5 from The People's Republic of Haven.

"Grandpa, there's only 49 stars on this Flag."
"I'll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I recognize Missoura."
- Marge & Grandpa

If you go to http://pub79.ezboard.com/fbabylon5thelegendoftherangersfrm8 you can post at my board.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Thrawn (edited August 09, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
I haven't always liked everything that Brad Dourif has been in, but I always have liked seeing Brad Dourif. I think he's an excellent actor. However, I'd love to see him playing another role than a wild-eyed psycho.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

(Sorry for my spelling in advance): Wasn't he the main Mentat for the House Harkonen in David Lynche's "Dune"?

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Where's my cookie? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got a nice chocolate chip one waiting for ya. Would you like some milk to go with it? Oh, and Dylan and all the other cast members who drop by are welcome to have some cookies too.
laugh.gif

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

Hypotia -

I seem to remember that he was, but I thought Dune was quite silly and slept through most of it because it bored me half to death. A cool set could not make up with a lack of forward velocity...

------------------
Channe, Freelance Writer Extraordinaire and The Next JMS
--
B5 Synchroninity of the Day: I just found out that the new dorm I'm living in next year has been named Breen Hall.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crazybillyo:
I got a nice chocolate chip one waiting for ya. Would you like some milk to go with it? Oh, and Dylan and all the other cast members who drop by are welcome to have some cookies too.
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Billy, you are so nice!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

**Pats billy on the back and says "Way to go man!"**

------------------
Sheridan to Bester:
And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it, and feed your charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.

Brad Douriff played Piter DeVries, chief Mentat of the House Harkonnen, in David Lynch's version of Dune from 1984. And it has been said that his character came off more like a psycho than his portrayal in the book.

Piter was the sad victim of Duke Leto's last gasp. *poof*

------------------
"Draal gave Zathras list of things not to say. This was one. No, not good. Not supposed to mention 'one'... or 'THE one'... Mmmm. You never heard that."

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back