• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Has anyone else noticed...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RW7427:
JMS's wife spells her first name "Kathryn". I wonder if the K and D in Ko'Dath, G'Kar's first attache have any correlation to his wife's initals.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that were the case, I doubt the marriage would have lasted longer than Londo's first marriage. He'd have divorced her (or arranged an accident with a nearby airlock) in less than a day.
laugh.gif

------------------
"It's animal magnetism. What can I say?"
- G'Kar, A Tragedy of Telepaths
Visit Kribu's Lounge - now completely ad-free!

The initials are neat but there is another explanation. JMS is a great writter but when it comes to human names he seems rather unimaginative. Thats why we get all those Davids and Drakes. J.S. for the lead characters may be too important to be mere coincidence but it's not unusual for JMS to recycle names.

------------------
"This so-called new religion is nothing but a pack of weird rituals and chants designed to take away the money of fools. Let us say the Lord's Prayer forty times, but first, let's pass the collection plate."-Rev. Lovejoy in The Joy of Sect

I want to know what's up with Dureena Nafeel and Na'feel the Ranger, myself.

But then again, generations of people have named their kids John, Jeff, and David...

------------------
Channe, the next JMS, who lives for the One and dies for the chocolate cheesecake
--
OnlineDude: I suppose now would not be the time to bring up the old one about the starlet who was so new to Hollywood she slept with the writer...
JMS: But that was only because she heard that in Hollywood, *everyone* screws the writer.

Interesting.. Let's see what there is to be in Legend of the raiders.
crazy.gif

------------------
Logical thinking - Perfect weapon

Hmm... Other possible initials -

Babylon stands for
Bastard Arabs Bomb Your Little Overconfident NYC

Hmm!
Perhaps he was trying to warn us???

And Vorlon stands for
Very Old Race, Likes Overtaking Nations

A-Ha!

And perhaps Rangers stand for
Running Around Needlesly Getting Everyone's Respect & Salution.

O-Ho!

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
"If I don't see you again here... I will see you, in a little while... In a place where no shadows fall."

Babylon 5, my dear dear fellow fans, is the greatest thing on this earth. Understand how lucky you are for knowing it.

Live For The One
Die For The One
Eat At Joe's
Etc, etc.

[This message has been edited by Infested Londo (edited October 27, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Infested Londo (edited October 27, 2001).]

Regarding the C.S. initials mentioned earlier... Maybe, the initials C.S. are inspired by C.S. Lewis, the author of the Chronicles of Narnia. Ahem, "Narnia"?... Take off the "i" and "a", and you have "Narn".

Coincidence??? Well, actually, with JMS, who can tell
smile.gif
?

------------------
An Old Egyptian Blessing: May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places that you must walk.

Thoughts & prayers to citizens of NY, DC, and to us all.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back