• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Guess what I got in the mail >8-P

Today I got not only my B5 DVD in the mail but I also got my Rangers T-shirt from SciFi.com!

The t-shirt is black.
The front says:

THE FEW
THE PROUD
[the mostly human]

The back has the Legend of the Rangers logo - about 3 inches large.

I like the design. Much less geeky than I expected. It came in a large. I asked for medium. Whaddaya want for nuthin'?

Now I need to get it signed.
Where are those actors?

On the subject of the DVD. Yeah, it's barebones and the music is mixed too low in my opinion. But I bought it as a statement - one I hope WB has heard loud and clear.

------------------
"Draal gave Zathras list of things not to say.
This was one. No.... *tsk tsk*
No. Not good.
Not supposed to mention... "one", or... THE one.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by B5_Obsessed:
THE FEW
THE PROUD
[the mostly human]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Presumably something that will feature in the theatrical trailer... <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I like the design. Much less geeky than I expected.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Once again SciFi's PR department shows a fair bit of intelligence.

------------------
"I know how you're feeling... You don't know whether to kiss me or kill me."
"I'm a black widow spider you idiot - I can do both." (hear it)
-- Silverbolt & Blackarachnia, "The Agenda, part 2", Beast Wars

drakh@spamcop.net

Oh, cool! What a great shirt!

And just when I thought the Marketing people had gone off the deep end with Cantrell's Internet banner...

Hell, even -I- would wear that to the theaters on the nineteenth.

Ooo, I'm insanely jealous.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
And just when I thought the Marketing people had gone off the deep end with Cantrell's Internet banner...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>What, you feel that "holding hands" and "long walks on the beach" is a horribly out of character for her?
tongue.gif

------------------

drakh@spamcop.net

[This message has been edited by drakh (edited December 10, 2001).]

Oh yeah, and the SciFi planet logo is on one sleeve, about 2" across and the other sleeve says www.scifi.com in about size 18 font.

------------------
No. Not good.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

No. I don't know a darn thing about her character - just that, according to Martel, she thinks every day is a good day to die.

I just didn't like the "kicking butt" thing. In my own humble opinion (which, by now, you folks should know is rarely humble :p) "kicking butt" is something my little brother's friends did on the playground in middle school.

And as for holding hands and taking long walks on the beach, I can think of a certain Ranger who wouldn't have minded doing that with a certain Earthforce Commander...

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

[This message has been edited by channe (edited December 10, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
I just didn't like the "kicking butt" thing. In my own humble opinion (which, by now, you folks should know is rarely humble :p) "kicking butt" is something my little brother's friends did on the playground in middle school.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey, it was good enough for Sheridan...

------------------

drakh@spamcop.net

Cringe! Cringe! Cringe!

Murf. I'm just biased, that's all. Memories, and all:

Little Boy 1: I'm gonna KICK YOUR BUTT!
Little Boy 2: Oh, yeah, I'm gonna kick YOURS!!
Little Boy 1: I am the ULTIMATE BUTTKICKER!!

------------------

I used to have a great t-shirt that had the scifi logo on the sleeve, "www.scifi.com" on the back, and on the front:

I AM SCIFI

It was great. I don't know what happened to it. I miss that shirt.

------------------

My wife and I got our T-shirts today as well.
We were surprised that the premier date of Jan.19 was not on the shirts. Oh well.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> We were surprised that the premier date of Jan.19 was not on the shirts. Oh well.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The T-Shirts are supposed to inspire people to walk up to you and Ask:
"Where'd you get the neat shirt?" and
"When's it on?"

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:
The T-Shirts are supposed to inspire people to walk up to you and Ask:
"Where'd you get the neat shirt?" and
"When's it on?"
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And would people actually do something like that?
crazy.gif

It sounds like a cool shirt though!
cool.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

I got my shirt, too! I wanted a cast-picture on it, but it's still a cool shirt. Hey, at least SFC did *something*!

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

Gonna make my own shirt to wear on the 19th (you may scream CHANNE IS A GEEK now, if you wish).

I did the design up last night. White, 'cause that's easiest to do yourself, with blue text in Impact font. Hope the formatting works out:

"we walk in the
dark places
no others will enter

we stand on
the bridge
and no one may pass

all our days
to live and die
in starlight"

This is placed in front of a field of blue stars designed to wrap behind the text. I think it looks pretty classy.

If you want the design, here it is:

Dark Places T-Shirt Design

You can print it on an iron-on, or take the .jpg on disk to a place like Kinko's, where they'll do you up a nice-looking shirt for about $12.

It's rather large. I think that's the right size, though. When I get my shirt done, I'll check. It was fine when I did it up on Illustrator.

And if you want more of this kind of stuff, do let me know.

EDIT: Piece of crikey! I hate Tripod (click on the link and you'll find out why). Hold your horses. After my final today, I'll find some way to show you the damned thing.

Ok, try this: type http://cryoterrace.tripod.com/drktshrt.jpg directly into your URL, and you should be dandy.

------------------

[This message has been edited by channe (edited December 11, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by channe (edited December 11, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> we stand on the bridge and no one may pass <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOTR WITH THE NUMBERS FILES OFF!
laugh.gif

------------------
No. Not good.
Hmmmm.
You never heard that."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> LOTR WITH THE NUMBERS FILED OFF! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, ok, so there was this thing with a bridge in LotR... and the name just happens to sound like Z'ha'dum... yeah, it's fishy...

But, what do you want them to say?

RANGER: I stand on the ocean, and no one may pass!
BAD GUY: Ok, I'll sail around you, then...

laugh.gif

------------------

Tonight, I'll do up another one. I'm loath to use Sci-Fi's wording, 'cause it's probably intellectual property, or copyright, or SOMETHING...

Hey, give me some ideas, people. What would you like to see worded on a Rangers t-shirt? What would catch your eye?

------------------

Hey, give me some ideas, people. What would you like to see worded on a Rangers t-shirt? What would catch your eye?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tirk Rules.

That seems to have a nice ring to it.
Just kidding. The correct slogan is of course,

Kit Rules.

Guaranteed to get you play.

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back