• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Guerilla Fan Promotion (or, "It's Unofficial T-Shirt Time")

channe

Regular
Guerilla Fan Promotion (or, \"It\'s Unofficial T-Shirt Time\")

The subtitle to this thread should be: Why Channe Needs New Graphics Software or You Know Channe Likes Babylon 5 Too Much When... Before you continue, yes, I will be making a simple site for this in the very near future, as the following is a very nasty way of getting these photos. Feel free to link to the site - when I get it up.

After a few days of jpeg-wrangling, I think I've finally wrestled the t-shirt designs I came up with on a lark so they're manageable enough to print out and wear before January 19th (or, at the least, so I can fix the sizes if the interface is wrong - I had the worst time with Illustrator this week).

They're very large on-screen, but that's ok; the print size is what counts, and they're set to print on an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of normal printer paper. I'm pretty sure if you take these jpegs to a t-shirt printer or to a Kinko's to get a shirt done, you'll be fine. They should all fit on a normal floppy disk (they're under 500K). Let the person printing your shirt know that the actual pixel size is larger than the print size, and give them the inch measurements (see above). I'll have a site up with more detailed instructions in a few days. I know it seems like a lot, but it shouldn't be all that bad, if I've planned it out correctly.

If anything goes wrong, notify me immediately - I only have periodic access to the software I used to create these.

Anyway, here they are (you might have to type the link into your browser window manually, for I use Tripod, and Tripod lately doesn't allow direct links.)

i went to z'ha'dum and all i got was this lousy t-shirt

we walk in the dark places no others will enter / we stand on the bridge and no one may pass / all our days to live and die in starlight

i don't know about you, but i'm sworn to the shok'na

just another day at the office This one's special. It uses a screen-shot. I thought the design would be cute, but I'm warning you now - I printed it this afternoon, and the picture, being a screenshot, is pretty pixellated.

once you go drazi, you never go back

free david martel

cast names As requested, anonymous.
smile.gif
null

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

[This message has been edited by channe (edited December 14, 2001).]

Re: Guerilla Fan Promotion (or, \"It\'s Unofficial T-Shirt Time\")

Very nice work, Channe.

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

I like the slogans.
smile.gif

------------------
"Narns, Humans, Centauri... we all do what we do for the same reason: because it seems like a good idea at the time." - G'Kar, Mind War
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

I can come up with some pretty good ones, just ask Kribu about the ideas I came up with for messages at her board that move with your cursor. But these are pretty darn good too. Channe, you are creative.
smile.gif

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

Thanks.
smile.gif
Technomage_Roanna was the inspiration and originator of the Drazi shirt, and the rest I had kicking around in my brain for a while. I have to admit that I've always wanted a T-shirt that says exactly what the Z'ha'dum shirt says, and that I'll be going out ASAP to get mine done...

"All our days to live and die in starlight" isn't really part of the Ranger oath. Without it, though, the design would have looked very off. Personally, I love the phrase "to live and die in starlight..." It's fifteen million emotional Ranger things smack dab in one good catchline.

RW: I hope I'm creative. In my business, you have to be - or you don't eat.
smile.gif

And I spelled Guerilla wrong. Dearie me. I must be losin' it in my old age.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

LOL@Channe!

You are right about being creative as a necessity to making a living doing what you want to do. I am sure that one day your creativity will make you rich and famous and we can all say, "That's Channe, I know her!!!"
laugh.gif

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

*Bows before Channe's extreme fandom, truly a lesson for us all.*

Unfortunately, I can't seem to load the pages. Pity. The slogans themselves are good though.

Admiral Dave

------------------

Channe cracks me up with these great slogans LOL

So fun ah I can feel the excitment in teh air..the time is drawing near!

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

I'm not that bad a fan. I've never been to a con, I don't have a single autographed photo, and the only collectibles I own are the VHS tapes I made of B5's last run...
smile.gif

As the marketing powers that be over at Scifi.com dangle more plot threads in front of our faces (get thy behinds to the official site for really neat video clips of G'kar and Kitaro - note who is mentioned in G'kar's interview in connection with the new alien race), I'll be coming up with more.

All I want, RW, is to be a walking fount of creativity. And I want to get paid for it.
wink.gif

------------------

This server appears to be utterly awful, the thing loads for ages and it never really loads up, I just get a server cannot be found at the end.

------------------
When it comes to thought, some people stop at nothing - Anonymous
You can't have everything.... Where would you put it? - Stephen Wright
The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action - Anonymous

I found a way to get around it.
Dont use the link.

1. Open a new window
2. right click on the link, goto properties, copy the URL, and pasted it on the addy bar on your new window.

Man those pics are 56 killers

------------------
Webmaster for B5:A2
Babylon 5: Armada II
A MOD for Star Trek: Armada II
http://www.tgu.org.uk/users/babylon5/

Mmph, I thought I mentioned that.

I'm working off very limited software right now - I'm not home and visiting people in another city. I'll fix things as soon as I can...
smile.gif

------------------

Back