• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Get Marcus Back Into The Game

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

How the hell can you make a film about the reangers without having the best of the rangers in it? JMS pull your finger out of your ass and come up with a story line to get Marcus back into the game ok - On another note, this David in B5LR is it by any chance David Sheridan? as i remember Delenn and Sheridan did have a kid and didnt they call him david?

Anywayz if i dont see Marcus in B5LR when its released iam gonna assassinate my TV

Master Templar Stukx - Signing Off

------------------

The trouble with Marcus is that bringing him back would require twisting the already written storyline in most unbelievable ways.

Even if he would be defrosted and resuscitated he'd get sacked from the Anla-Shok for leaving with a White Star in the middle of a battle. Then he'd have to get himself killed and frozen again by 2281 as Ivanova mentioned him to be among the fallen comrades at that time. As if that wasn't enough he'd have to be resuscitated again after 300 years... poor guy.

I wouldn't wish that to my worst enemy and most certainly not Marcus. Let his tragic soul go beyond the Veil, he'll meet Susan in another life and quote less Shakespeare to drive her mad.

As to David Sheridan - when I first read about B5LR I also thought it might be him. Then I read the info again and found that the series isn't 3 years after "Sleeping in Light" but 3 years after "Objects at Rest". That would be 20 years earlier and rules David Sheridan out. It might be David Corwin.

By the bucket of Booji!

------------------
Canned flarn is a sacrilege.

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited May 01, 2001).]

Any Marcus involvement other than flashbacks would screw continuity. You also don't want to lessen the meaning behind his sacrifice.

Bus

I still don't know what to think of the Incurable Romantic.

------------------

I liked Marcus too, but I'm also a big advocate of keeping someone dead once they have been killed off. What's the point of killing a character off if you are just going to bring them back? Bringing someone back like that makes it less realistic. I can think of a few real people that I would like to have back, but they are gone, and I just have to live with that. I guess that the main point I'm trying to make is: people die, and they stay dead. Anyway, that's just my humble opinion.

------------------
You name it, sooner or later, everyone comes to Babylon 5.
-Commander Jeffrey David Sinclair, The Gathering

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sinclair:
people die, and they stay dead.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless they are frozen in cryo! But that particular (short) story has already been told.

Marcus wasn't exactly a model Ranger, anyway. Both he and Lennier signed-on for the wrong reasons.

Maybe it's time to tell the story of the true-at-hart Rangers, like Ericsson and Montoya (excuse the spelling!) - they were true Rangers (as far as I could tell).
smile.gif

------------------
The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father
Trust the Corps

much as i like marcus, his death/return/reunion with ivanova has already been chronicled in a short story written by no less than jms for "amazing stories" last year.

like it or not, that story thread is now in the babylon 5 history...unless somebody's eventually going to wake up and begin a scene involving a shower ("hello, darlin'").

------------------
"what is it, you moon-faced assassin of joy?!?!!"

I wasn't aware of that short story involving Marcus. Oh well. I agree with Bester. I wouldn't mind seeing the story of someone like Ericsson or Montoya.

------------------
You name it, sooner or later, everyone comes to Babylon 5.
-Commander Jeffrey David Sinclair, The Gathering

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bester:

Maybe it's time to tell the story of the true-at-hart Rangers, like Ericsson and Montoya (excuse the spelling!) - they were true Rangers (as far as I could tell).
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which Ranger is Montoya ?

OK I get he is a Ranger but can't remmeber which one.

s

p

o

i

e

r

At first I thought you meant Montoya , Bester's first love (the one he lost his virginity to and finally betrayed when she decided to go Blip).

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Montoya is captain of the ship which Lenier trains on. I believe it was called the Maria.

------------------
Bus
"That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things."-Ralph Wiggum

I think the name "Montoya" has been used a few times in B5.

Remember in "Whatever Happened to Mr Garibaldi" when G'Kar and Marcus are looking for our favourite slap-head? The name crops up then as well.

I guess it's one of those names that jms likes, like "David".
smile.gif

------------------
Trust the Corps

Ooh! Ooh! *waves hand in air like crazy* I know a way to get Marcus back in the picture!

Simply have lots and lots and lots and lots AND LOTS AND LOTS of flashbacks!

At least one every three minutes.

Who cares if people get confused?! Just keep a notepad handy to jot down where the hell the current-day plot is up to and have a bucket ready to drool into. (Not the bucket of almighty Booji of course, because that would just be sacrilege.)

------------------
Remember, a Keeper isn't just for Christmas - it's for life.

....or we could have an evil Marcus from an alternate reality!!!
laugh.gif

------------------
Trust the Corps

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo:
Montoya is captain of the ship which Lenier trains on. I believe it was called the Maria.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah ok that guy
smile.gif

thx

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Spoilers

We can't bring back the captain who died to pass false intelligence to the Shadows either. Not because he's dead he's just working on Malcom in the Middle. Seeing that guy kinda takes the edge off of an emotional scene for me.

------------------
Bus
"Yes, he is handsome in an ugly sort of way."-Homer

Ericsson was cool
smile.gif

Maybe he had a twin brother?
laugh.gif

------------------
Trust the Corps

[This message has been edited by Bester (edited May 04, 2001).]

Well Bringing Marcus back in anyway would be like a bad sitcom that shows on the channels people only watch if they're depressed or the tv's stuck.

Maybe there could be a little Marcus-ish traits in a character.

------------------

Maybe the show could have the Ranger that wanted to kill himself when the Maria was training it's rangers. We could see how well he's singling out the people who are joining for the wrong reasons.

I would really like to see a Pacmara Ranger..TeeHee.

------------------

As much as I would like to see Marcus return, it would not only corrupt the series' continuity, but it would make his sacrifice seem less important. JMS has said in the past, the Marcus character did what he was designed to do. He was looking for a reason to sacrifice his life, and it just so happened that he sacrificed himself for the woman he loved. Noble, brave, and fulfilling of his character's job.

------------------
-Londo's Hair
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back