• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Firefly...

2nd post of this thread :D

I don't believe this has been posted anywhere here, so I'll do the honors: rumor has it that David Boreanaz -- a.k.a. Angel -- is in talks to be part of the Firefly movie cast. I hope they can bring him in; he'd be awesome.

The rumour was obviously well spread, as I didn't have to ask the question, it came up within 5 minutes of Nathan Fillion arriving on stage.

I should also say that he was a great convention guest. Very funny, very entertaining, and he really had the crowd in his hand. At his second session, when he was alone on stage, he was handing out continuity polaroids from Firefly to anyone who asked what he thought was a good question.

His first appearance was a little unexpected. Jewel Staite and Summer Glau (Kaylee and River) were on stage, just winding up their session, when Nathan stepped up to the microphone and asked who was the most handsome, funniest, most charming cast member on Firefly.

I have to admit, I couldn't resist, and before Jewel and Summer could answer, I yelled out 'Adam Baldwin' :devil:

Nathan turned around, grinned and said, "Don't think it's the first time I've heard that!"

Really nice guy, and very tasty too ;)

2nd post of this thread :D

Ah, I clicked on the thread and it put me down at your Post #245933. At the time I had about six windows going and was rotating through them quickly. So, I read from your Post #245933 on down the thread.

The WHOLE cast - emphasis very much on the word WHOLE - have now signed up for the movie

Yay!

David Boreanaz will NOT be appearing in the new movie

Shucks. And it would have been so cool... ah well. My apologies for spreading false rumors. I suppose the good news still outweighs the bad.

If the movie is a success, there's a possibility for a trilogy

Interesting, although I’m still hoping for a continuation of the series. Sure a movie trilogy would have a much larger budget to tell it’s story, but Firefly already looked fantastic as a series.

When was it ever mentioned that David Boreanaz might be in the Firefly movie? ...or was Nathan making a joke?

I believe Joss Whedon mentioned in his commentary for Serenity that he first considered David for the role of Mal Reynolds, so any such rumour isn’t that strange a thing.

EDIT: I just checked it, the remark is made around the 16 minute mark at the docks on Persephone. Joss and Nathan (Mal) get very excited about a chicken walking past the camera. Then Joss mentions he gave the script to David Boreanaz - but David said he didn't want to be in two shows at once. Joss goes further to make a joke about David being afraid of chickens and his refusal turning out great for Nathan.

If the movie is a success, there's a possibility for a trilogy

Interesting, although I’m still hoping for a continuation of the series. Sure a movie trilogy would have a much larger budget to tell it’s story, but Firefly already looked fantastic as a series.

Nathan Fillion was very specific that there would NOT be a future series. Apparently that was part of the deal Universal made with Fox. For Universal to make the movie, Fox had to agree not to make another TV series.

But I agree that Firefly did look fantastic as a series :(

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back