• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Fanfic Forum Alert 12/24

channe

Regular
Ahoy, me hearties -

This week's a light week, because of the holidays, but to whet your appetite for B5 fanfic, grab a glass of eggnog, put on your Santa hat and read this favorite:

"Wake" by Gentle Off of the JumpNow, which is basically the resurrected J/D Storybook, comes this rather well-written story about how Ranger trainee David Sheridan deals with his father's death.

And, if you feel like going out to a convention or two, these upcoming cons in the US have B5 guests, or are showing the B5 Rangers Trailer, or have some sort of B5 related programming:

Arisia will be showing the B5LR trailer. Jan 18-20 in Boston, MA.

Mira Furlan (Delenn), Judson Scott (from "and the sky full of stars" in S1), Marjorie Monaghan (Number 1), Julie Caitlin Brown (Na'toth #1), Beata Pozniak (Pres. Luchenko), and Carrie Dobro (Dureena) will be at Gallifrey One February 15-18 at the Airtel Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles. For the interested, the Andromeda Writing Team will also be in attendance. EDIT: It is a non-profit con. Channe should check her sources more often. *blushes*

Slanted Fedora, taking place on January 4-6 at the Sheraton Meadowlands Hotel in East Rutherford, NJ (near NYC), is hosting Walter Koening (Bester). The same organization has Peter Woodward (Galen) coming to their Giant Star Trek and Sci-Fi Media Convention on March 9-10 at the Valley Forge Convention Center in Valley Forge, PA.

More conventions to come. If you hear anything, do keep me posted by sending an email to ksteelthorne@yahoo.com - until then, cheerio.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

[This message has been edited by channe (edited December 24, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by channe (edited December 24, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
Mira Furlan (Delenn), Judson Scott (from "and the sky full of stars" in S1), Marjorie Monaghan (Number 1), Julie Caitlin Brown (Na'toth #1), Beata Pozniak (Pres. Luchenko), and Carrie Dobro (Dureena) will be at Gallifrey One February 15-18 at the Airtel Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles. For the interested, the Andromeda Writing Team will also be in attendance. This is run by Gallifrey Conventions (which means it's not fan-run).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooh. Urgent correction follows:

Gallifrey One is, and always has been, a fan-run, not-for-profit convention. And a good one. I was there a couple of years ago, and I recommend it wholeheartedly.

(JMS has been a guest on numerous occasions, even before B5 was on the air. He won't be there this year, for reasons which should be obvious...)

------------------
-- Marty

Eeek, sorry. I suck.

Someone had informed me that Gallifrey One was a profit con. I went on their site to check sources but I didn't find a thing indicating either way. Maybe I was blind.

*goes off to flagellate self*

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Gallifrey One is a presentation of Gallifrey Conventions / Gallifrey One, part of Sparrow Creek, a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the 501(c)(3) part that tells you it's Non Profit.

That is an IRS designation for a Charitable Organization that you can make Tax Deductable Contributions to.

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

Congratulations to Channe on her assumption of super powers!
laugh.gif

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

[This message has been edited by Mondo Londo (edited December 25, 2001).]

Londo - my first day with super powers and I already mess up!
lol.gif

I'm going to drink some egg-nog now. Merry Christmas. I should have to go to Gallifrey One for my penance. Yeah, that's it.

------------------

[This message has been edited by channe (edited December 25, 2001).]

[Kosh] If you go to Gallifrey One, you will tell us about it. [/Kosh]
cool.gif

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
I should have to go to Gallifrey One for my penance. Yeah, that's it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like a good idea.
smile.gif

(And don't worry. I even caught Joe DeMartino in an error once...
laugh.gif
)

------------------
-- Marty

If JMS ever does another convention within driving distance (with his current schedule being what it is, I doubt it will happen any time in the next five years) you can be sure I'll be there. LOL - I'd be one of his least favorite people, being the FANFIC moderator, and all... :p

Too bad Gallifrey is across the country. :p

------------------

[This message has been edited by channe (edited December 25, 2001).]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back