• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Family Guy on DVD!

I was just saying I dont remember the plug, and its odd that a show would reference him of all people before 9/11. I would have thought Saddam would have been a more "heard of" person to reference before 9/11. Sucks they took it out though...

True, but the joke was about airport security, something more in Osama's style (as we learned all too well).

Anyway, here's a great quote from the education video (copyright 1954) about women in the workplace:
"Nothing says 'Good job!' like a firm, open-palmed slap on the bottom.'

Hey, I was gonna quote that!

Bad news folks: the DVDs are edited. There's an Osama Bin Laden reference in one of the episodes, and at least another joke taken out (I forgot which).

:mad:

How dare they! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I mean, yes, it's a somewhat prophetic joke. (Stewey distracts airplane security from seeing all the weapons in his luggage with a rendition of a song, then walks by saying "I hope Osama Bin laden doesn't know show tunes. Cue the guy in looking like Osama singing something to the guards.)

But I still find it utterly offensive to remove said material.

If it was after 9/11, then it hasnt been edited out, it simply hasnt been released yet. The airdates for Disc 4 only go up to 8/00 not 9/11/01. However GKE seems to be remembering the episode in which that line was used, which tells me that its probably in one of the ones on the discs, and therefore a pre-9/11 reference.

Al Qaeda planned to celebrate the millennium by attacking Los Angeles International Airport with a suitcase bomb. The people were caught and imprisoned. The joke may be a reference to that attack.

It was before. and yes, its weird, since not many people had heard about Osama before sept. 11. A lot of thought was put into the show, they didnt mind putting in jokes not everyone would get.

Im also pissed that they removed the joke, but im sure Seth is okay with it, since he almost boarded the plane that crashed into the second tower. Fortunately he missed the flight. Im sure it wasnt that funny to him after that.

Anyone know when and if they're coming out with season 3 and the unreleased eppy?

"If you were a woman I'd slug you."

, but im sure Seth is okay with it, since he almost boarded the plane that crashed into the second tower. Fortunately he missed the flight. Im sure it wasnt that funny to him after that.

Up until you posted that I wasn't sure about the answer, but now I do recall reading somewhere, Newsweek maybe?, about that shortly after 9/11. If my memory serves me correctly they talked about that moment in the episode and he said that it would be taken out of future airings, which obviously means that they're not on the DVD's as well. It had been a while since I'd seen that episode so I didn't even notice it was gone when I watched it.

Even better Family Guy is now a part of Adult Swim on the Cartoon Network. What an hour!! Futurama and Family Guy. I'm about to break out into song .... I feel pretty, oh so pretty, i feel pretty and witty and gaaayyy. And it's a pitty for any girl who isn't me today, la la la la la.....

:)

Hasn't the boxed set been the #1 bestseller for like a month now? It seems to me that TV producers now have a way to notice what people actually want to watch instead of trying to decide for them. Not that they'll use it...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back