• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Face of the new Batman

Enough with the Batman movies! :rolleyes: The 1st one was great, the 2nd so-so, the rest sucked big time.

So let me get this straight.

This will be the 5th Batman movie, and the 4th person playing Batman?

Pretty craptacular.

Only if I get to spend the night with Catwoman. Meow.

I like Christian Bale a lot. It might almost kind of be sort of enough to maybe get me possibly interested in starting to consider thinking about watching the next Batman movie a little.

It might almost kind of be sort of enough to maybe get me possibly interested in starting to consider thinking about watching the next Batman movie a little.

Are you sure about that? :p

If they go back to the first movie making it dark then i'm all for it. Bale can do the mysterious and yet sad look Michael Keaton did.

On the same topic of new people playing older parts, what do you guys think of John C. McGinley as superman. I saw him in Identity last night and wow he definitely has the ability to play an akward bumbling guy and then transform into a super man. Christopher Reeves was a master of that which made the movies that much better.

If they'd stop trying to make these Batman movies cornier and cornier and quit trying to be so damned funny in then they would have all had potential. The first one was great, the second one was still pretty cool, but like Nancy said, the rest just plain sucked. If they try to make this movie more true to the first one, I think Christian Bale will be an excellent Batman.

You guys don't seem to appreciate the fact that this Batman movie will have zip to do with the previous entries. There is a whole new crew behind this one, with a new cast. A fresh start.

The reason Batman Forever and Batman & Robin sucked was due to the fact that the director (Joel Schumacher) appeared to get his inspiration from the 1960's TV series, rather than the comics. As a result, the movies were more camp than Butlins. :LOL:

The first 2 movies, Batman and Batman Returns, were directed by Tim Burton. Burton is about as far from Schumacher as you can get, and is a master at all things gothic. However, these movies were, for some, not as dark and gritty as they could have been. Pretty cool, nevertheless.

With the new movie, I'm expecting the best screen Batman to date. With Chris Nolan (the director behind such greats as Memento and Insomnia) in the driving seat, and the excellent Christian Bale in the lead role, things have never looked better for a silver screen Batman project. :cool:

I think with this particular scenario the most single important fact remains that of being that there is and will be no physical link to any of the 4 previous Batman movies, unless either the writer or director has the will to do so sometime during its production. Therefore I am fairly convinced that this next movie will not contain any numeral except for maybe in the context of the name, such as for example: "Batman: Year One", which seems to be the main driving force as a more than quite likely and probable story premise. Thus, all the chords are cut and Batman as a DC representative is allowed an entirely new fresh start to recreate its own continuity so to speak (in context of the comics).

We are all so quick to strip both "Batman Forever" and "Batman & Robin" of all its dignity, and I would be one of those first in line to do so, though we are all also so quick to forget a very much regretted and disgrace to the comic world, both "Daredevil" and "The Hulk". Both these two superhero movies carried no respect for the actual comic related backend history, they had no real continuity, no character, no story, and 'fake' special effects that did not bother to even support the realism and believability of the characters. 'Yes', the Hulk's design was impressive and I relate credit to all the CGI geeks behind its creation, but if I want to watch a CGI medium of entertainment, I would much rather slip a Roughnecks DVD into my home theatre system.

As with both "Daredevil" and "The Hulk", likewise both "Batman Forever" and "Batman & Robin" were produced and willingly forced as children's movies, with children having been the main focus and preliminary target market. The same can not be said of movies such as either "Batman" (DC) or "X-Men" (Marvel) that were both taken very seriously, had character driven stories, used special effects as a support tool to further the realism and believability, and the target market included all ages. With a movie such as "Spiderman" on the other hand, one had a bit of both of the before mentioned and above mentioned, though one could spot the CGI a mile away it was necessary.

Even so this purely remains my own personal opinion and you are more than welcome to disagree as much or as little as you'd prefer... no animals were harmed during the filming of this feature film! :D;)

As with both "Daredevil" and "The Hulk", likewise both "Batman Forever" and "Batman & Robin" were produced and willingly forced as children's movies, with children having been the main focus and preliminary target market.

Say what you will about the merits of the Daredevil and Hulk movies. I enjoyed them both but see why others might not.

But that is the first time I've heard either one called a children's movie! :eek:

I'm looking forward to the new Batman movie. If you want to see the potential that Batman has, you need to check out Batman: Dead End. It was a short film made by a guy who worked for Stan Winston (the great FX guy who created the Alien, Predator, Terminator, pluse scores of others) and it premiered at a San Diego Comic Con earlier this year. It is hard to find but I found a site still hosting it. Check it out if you want. The site is a little slow but it is definately worth the wait.

Batman: Dead End

Holy crap that was awesome. One of the best shorts i've seen in a while. Now make that into a feature film keeping the same attitude and you have yourself the best comic book movie ever

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back