• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Existing 13 Crusade Eps - Run #3 on SFC

What is this - "let's put Crusade in a bad timeslot to see if people still watch?"

Could this be another testing-of-the-waters to find out if there's an audience out there for Rangers?

I truly wish I knew more about ratings and the way that business works.

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
What is this - "let's put Crusade in a bad timeslot to see if people still watch?"

Could this be another testing-of-the-waters to find out if there's an audience out there for Rangers?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So set the VCR. At least it will allow people time to change tapes.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Since it's only one episode per day, you can change tapes when you get home from work.

This is how I got my pristine SVHS copies in April.
laugh.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
What is this - "let's put Crusade in a bad timeslot to see if people still watch?"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Crusade ain't exactly prime time material any more, especially with only 13 episodes.

------------------
"When I want your opinion I'll beat it out of you, ok?" (audio)
-- Ranma-chan, A Leotard is a Girl's Burden, Ranma 1/2

drakh@spamcop.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drakh:
Crusade ain't exactly prime time material any more, especially with only 13 episodes.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No - I was talking about Sci-Fi's run of it. Twice, in two quite visible places. One in prime time, one advertised as a Chain Reaction.

It's smart. "If we put it in a bad timeslot, we want to see if there's actually still interest in this franchise..."

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

Oops, typo!
blush.gif
Make that 1/2-1/18 at 1PM.

From Schedulebot:
-----------------
Wed, January 2 1:00 PM CRUSADE RACING THE NIGHT
Thu, January 3 1:00 PM CRUSADE THE NEEDS OF EARTH
Fri, January 4 1:00 PM CRUSADE THE MEMORY OF WAR
Mon, January 7 1:00 PM CRUSADE THE LONG ROAD
Tue, January 8 1:00 PM CRUSADE VISITORS FROM DOWN THE STREET
Wed, January 9 1:00 PM CRUSADE THE WELL OF FOREVER
Thu, January 10 1:00 PM CRUSADE EACH NIGHT I DREAM OF HOME
Fri, January 11 1:00 PM CRUSADE PATTERNS OF THE SOUL
Mon, January 14 1:00 PM CRUSADE THE PATH OF SORROWS
Tue, January 15 1:00 PM CRUSADE THE PATH OF SORROWS
Wed, January 16 1:00 PM CRUSADE RULING FROM THE TOMB
Thu, January 17 1:00 PM CRUSADE THE RULES OF THE GAME
Fri, January 18 1:00 PM CRUSADE WAR ZONE

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Hmm. This is very interesting.

Crusade ends the day before "Rangers" airs.

------------------

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remember, this is the third run-through of a short series in less than a year. I don't think they're expecting much. And they have to show something at 1 PM...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, that's a subject that could fill several books, complete with tons of self-contradictions...
smile.gif

But one popular theory states that there are two parts to successful media programming. First, you want to get people to watch or listen to your station. Second, you want to get people to keep watching or listening.

The second part, btw, is the problem TNT had with B5. From what I understand, they came to the conclusion that the B5 viewers weren't watching anything else on the station, and the B5 was interrupting their "audience flow" and thus hurting the ratings of shows following it. There are software packages in the industry which provide those types of analyses, and they get quite a bit of use (despite the fact that in US TV those numbers are based on statistical models rather than actual panel data).

Oops. Went into lecture mode there. Sorry...
smile.gif

-- Marty

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Mon, January 14 1:00 PM CRUSADE THE PATH OF SORROWS
Tue, January 15 1:00 PM CRUSADE THE PATH OF SORROWS<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now, I think that's a good episode, but why is it being shown two days in a row? I realize that they kinda have to do that with one episode or simply not have any episode one day, but why that one? And why not repeat friday-monday, rather than monday-tuesday?

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Psi-gryphon:
Now, I think that's a good episode, but why is it being shown two days in a row? I realize that they kinda have to do that with one episode or simply not have any episode one day, but why that one?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's an error. Note that APPEARANCES AND OTHER DECEITS doesn't appear on the schedule at all...

-- Marty

That's interesting, Martin.

I doubt the Sci-Fi Channel would have the same problem with B5. TNT honestly doesn't have anything I want to watch, and while I'm not exclusively sci-fi (my other can't-miss shows besides B5 are Farscape, The West Wing, and Everybody Loves Raymond), nothing really appealed to me on TNT.

However, the Sci-Fi Channel holds for me endless fascination.

I think Sci-Fi got a hold of a good commodity in B5. Now they just have to make it work.

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back