• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Episodes 7-9? (cut & moved)

Recoil

Regular
Oh, and on a side note... though the source was under threat of torture, he did insinuate that the writer of the new SW trilogy screenplays was the wonderful Timothy Zahn, and that the director who's been approached is a big name.

Hamill has asked to keep his goatee for 7,8,9 but to also keep his hair short (like old Ben had it). Though Lucas initially wanted him to grow out his hair to match the look of the pre-quels, it is reported that Hamill will most likely win the argument. :D Thank god.

The pre-production team is now turning it's eye to casting the role of Mara Jade and have apparently considered Charlize Theron among others including an unknown British actress (I personally hope they go with the unknown).
Woah, woah. Wait a second. So now they are planning 3 MORE Star Wars movies? Episodes 7, 8, and 9? Timothy Zahn? He wrote those 3 books that were supposed to be cannon and be the episodes 7, 8, and 9. I haven't heard a peep about a new star wars, are we certain this isnt some fan who is upset with the pre-qual cooking some makebelieve thing up and used those 3 books as his frame?

Re: New Trek film prequel

Woah, woah. Wait a second. So now they are planning 3 MORE Star Wars movies? Episodes 7, 8, and 9? Timothy Zahn? He wrote those 3 books that were supposed to be cannon and be the episodes 7, 8, and 9. I haven't heard a peep about a new star wars, are we certain this isnt some fan who is upset with the pre-qual cooking some makebelieve thing up and used those 3 books as his frame?

Yeah, seriously. Where are you getting this info? I've heard Lucas say many times that the prequel trilogy will be it. Then again, he did say that episodes IV-VI would not be released on DVD until after episode III was out.

I try to avidly keep up on my Star Wars info, and I haven't heard so much as a hint about any of this.

Oh, and on a side note... though the source was under threat of torture, he did insinuate that the writer of the new SW trilogy screenplays was the wonderful Timothy Zahn, and that the director who's been approached is a big name.

Hamill has asked to keep his goatee for 7,8,9 but to also keep his hair short (like old Ben had it). Though Lucas initially wanted him to grow out his hair to match the look of the pre-quels, it is reported that Hamill will most likely win the argument. :D Thank god.

The pre-production team is now turning it's eye to casting the role of Mara Jade and have apparently considered Charlize Theron among others including an unknown British actress (I personally hope they go with the unknown).

Nope...search the web my friend it's real. The new trilogy is coming and has the original cast in it and they've all signed on. Though Zahn wrote the Thrawn trilogy...it's not clear exactly when the new films will be set in the EU, especially given that the Vong will be present.

Rest assured though that GL will only be EPing from now on, he wants to have nothing more than that to do with them.

Post some links. I dont believe things until reputable sites have info on it. I see nothing on IMDB.com about an "in production" SW:E5. Seriously, post a few links so we all can take a look at it.

I've been searching all over the place and I can't find any indication anywhere of the information you've provided. I've found old speculation dating back a few years, and people hoping that Zahn's trilogy will be episodes 7-9, but that is it. Please post a link of where you're getting this info.

This has already gone off on its own tangent from the original topic so I'm just cutting and moving it.

I havent been able to find any info on this either. I even checked out Harrison Ford's official site along with Mark Hamill's; and even tried some searches on Timothy Zahn. I came up with nothing. Please post some links because Im thinking this might be too good to be true. But please, prove me wrong. :p

I haven't heard a thing about this. I just checked theforce.net, too, which is the premier Star Wars fansite. If the cast had signed on, if Zahn were writing the scripts, it would be plastered over their front page...

... nada. CE, hate to break it to you, but you've been had. No Eps. 7-9 in the foreseeable future.

Its entirely possible there arent any confirmable sources yet, the security around this would doubtless be tight.

I found a few messageboards references to a tfn.net article sometime in january I think, couldnt find the article, Im far from certain, but Im tending towards CEs side for now. If only because I want it so badly.

Somehow:
Now this might not mean that theres is sequels planned but just planning ahead if they ever do try to make them
makes me think this is more of a fan site rather than a professional one.

Personally, I haven't enjoyed the SW prequel movies nearly as much as I did the original three. And we've all seen what "milking" has done to Star Trek.

Let Star Wars rest in peace, I say. :rolleyes:

George Lucas Flip Flops on this all the time. When Empire Strikes back was released he talked about a Prequel Trilogy and a Sequel Trilogy. Then there was gonna be no more trilogies, then, he decided to do the Prequel Trilogy, and on and on. Like B5_Obsessed said, if it happens, we'll know when it actually happens. Judging by the fan reaction to the Prequel Trilogy, will there be many fans willing to try out the third trilogy?

I personally thought Ep1, wasn't horrible, but, simply didn't measure up, which is kinda to be expected with the first movie of a Prequel Trilogy. I personally liked ep2 though, even though I've heard alot of complaints about it.

Ok, I'll say this one more time. Then I won't say it again. That article is true. It has been reported elsewhere. Look at the date...that is old news. I have personally, since seen articles and a live interview with Carrie Fisher about this subject. Yes, 7,8, and 9 are in the early stages of pre-production. The entire original cast has been signed. The scripts are finished and they will be shot like LOTR...all at the same time. The director is currently being negotiated. GL will only be EPing from now on. This is not a fan wish thing...it is real. How much longer it will be before principle photography begins is unknown at this time. I wish I could find the article I read which interviewed her. It is true that Mayhew was signed onto the contract for Ep 3, 7,8, and 9. I also have an inside source that tells me they are deep into production design for Vong ships and more.

It's real folks. The great news it...George didn't write it, and George ain't directing it.

That alone makes me want it.

CE

I know for a fact that the interview I saw with Carrie Fisher on the Today show had her talking about playing Leia again and is she excited about it to which she replied, yes, we all are. I'm still trying to find the other written article where she was interviewed and was talking about this.

The "other source" I have is an insider...and you can choose to believe me or not, but I cannot say who this person is or what they do, as it could jeopardize their employment and I won't do that. I mean just look at how GL reacted to excerpts of the new INDY film getting out and possibly being included in a foreign rip-off film...he went berzerk and threw out a great script and started from scratch just months away from filming.

As for Ford, he also said he didn't want to play Indy again, but...well, he's doing it. My understanding is that the new trilogy will have the cast older (since they are) and that the younger ones (IE: the Solo children and new Jedi) would probably do most of the action. Ford's attitudes have changed drastically lately, especially since his divorce and falling for Ally McBeal, and since his career has been less than stellar as of late. He made those comments years ago. Need I remind you all that Nimoy once wrote a book called I AM NOT SPOCK, in which he stated he would never play the role again; only to turn around years later and write a book called I AM SPOCK and played the role many more times. People can change their feelings on such things.

The good news to me is that GL will not be writing or directing the trilogy. He has stated that he will not do anything but Executive Produce from now on, but sees a great future for the SW franchise and plans to continue with it. As for the scripts being written by Zahn, that is still something my source cannot and will not tell, but has hinted at it.

Look how lucrative the pre-quels have been. Whether you liked them or not, they've made a shitload of dough. Do you really think GL will just let it stand?

There will be nothing on anyone's official site since no official announcement has been made. In fact, I'm not even sure how Fisher got away with her comments. The main thing you can take as a legitimate hint for now is that Mayhew's contract was for 4 films (3,7,8,and 9). That is a fact and can be confirmed. My guess is that the official announcement won't come until EPIII is either out or is about to come out and GL has all his ducks in a row.

Believe me, or don't...you're deal. I will tell you my source is inside the Lucas camp somewhere...how's that...and that alone is probably too much to say. This is why I've only been able to tell you certain things about Trek and nothing on the B5 project. My source only has access to certain items as they "come across their desk." That is how I knew way before the "official announcement" that BG was already greenlit for a series when the mini-series aired. As with anything, sometimes my source hears things or gets a hold on certain info that changes due to the way we all know things work in the business. My source wouldn't tell me anything about Indy 4 under strict penalty except to say that it was going to be great...well until GL tossed the script in a stupid tyrade.

This is how I also know just how big of a lid they're keeping on the new B5 project because my source can't even find anything out about it, except that it is big.

Take me or leave me. I don't really care...I was simply sharing what I could with all of you. Take the info and mix it with the hints and draw your own conclusions, by all means. But look at this way...where there's smoke, there's fire.

I will continue to look for the Fisher article, but I do not recall it being online, so I will have to try to find it. I do remember it was a foreign magazine, not England but some other European country. Since then and since the Indy leak, however, I have noticed that such "moments" with former cast (including Fisher) have suddenly dried up. Perhaps Lucas is in lockdown mode.

Either way...it is what it is.

I personally don't care..I've been so disappointed with the pre-quels that I'm not sure what to expect from anything SW. I will say what I've said before and that's that I'm happy to hear from my source that GL will not direct and did not write them.

Ok, I'm done. Carry on.

That's curious considering Harrison Ford has been recorded a multitude of times about not being fond of Star Wars anymore.
After being the lead going back to being a supporting actor is a demotion. However if the money is sufficient and he is not doing anything else at the time I am sure that Harrison Ford will hold his nose and perform the part.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back