• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Enid-Raye on the Big Screen

channe

Regular
I went to see the James Bond movie last night, and had to sit through thirty minutes of previews. We were about to go crazy when a preview came on for a new Julia Stiles movie. Julia Stiles is one of the only Hollywood starlets we can actually stand, so this was a pleasant surprise.

So the preview rolls on. Blah-de-blah, tiki girls, the bride's cousin, "showing him how to live," relatives, etc., Selma Blair, Enid-Raye Adams, Selma holding up Julia's underwear...

Yep - she's in the "A Guy Thing" trailer. Don't blink, you'll miss her.

I'm not too sure. I was, at that point in time, getting my pants all a-twist over the fact that I had been sitting there for a good half-hour watching ads for Spider-Man toothbrushes and previews for silly martial arts flicks about mysterious powers (puh-leese). I'm not kidding - while the showtime was listed as 10:00, it was 10:30 before anything Bond came on-screen. Christmas, maybe? Early 2002?

I'll probably see this one in the theater, because I've never met a Julia Stiles movie I didn't like. I'll bring my B5-watching friend, who sat there gibbering "eh - eh - wasn't that just - eh - the hot guy, that captain hot guy" when Dylan Neal flickered by in 40 Days and 40 Nights. We'll see if she recognizes Enid-Raye out of her Minbari makeup.

I'll be there when it comes out in theatres.
EDIT I just went to Enid's web page and it said she was in Taken so if you don't can't to wait see her on the big screen you can see her on the little one.

A Guy Thing is scheduled to open January 17th. According to the IMdB summary, a guy wakes up the morning after his bachelor party in bed with a strange woman and assumes that he's cheated on his fiancee. Presumably hilarity ensues (or as close as Hollywood can get to that, these days.) Enid-Raye plays Shannon, the maid of honor. Julia Stiles and Selma Blair have the two lead female roles. Won't tell you which one plays the finacee, since I suspect that information would be enough to tell you who he ends up with. (Hell, the order of the names in the credits is probably enough to do that. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Enid-Raye is listed 10th, but that may not be too bad. Three of the slots are the lead characters, and four of the others are presumably the parents of the happy couple, (more experienced actors with more clout and name recognition), so she should have a fairly prominent role among the younger group.

She's also going to be in Final Destination 2, scheduled for release January 31st 2003.

Regards,

Joe

Hey! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I like silly martial arts flicks about mysterious powers. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah! And not only do I like the movies, I have the mysterious powers!

*Scurrys off to beat up some generic looking ninjas using only the power of his fist and some bad sfx*

Back