• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Domain name ideas

AntonyF

Administrator
Staff member
Can anyone offer ideas on domain names? I want to get one for the sub-section of B5LR.com for Jeremiah.

jeremiahtv.com and jeremiah.tv are taken.

It has to be easy to remember, .com (I would do .net at a push) and available... check out www.stargate.com's search box if you want to see if it's around.

------------------
MPAA: Rated R for bad language, crude humor,
language, sexuality/nudity and drug content.

[This message has been edited by AntonyF (edited February 02, 2002).]

jeremiah-jms.com and jms-jeremiah.com are also available. BTW, your link doesn't work. You can't include punctuation if you're typing the link direct, rather than using the [ url ] tag. Apostrophes are not legal characters in domain names.
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

jeremiah-tv.com might be an idea.

Thought about somethign with JMS in the title... but didn't think that was fair considering a show is a real group effort, even if we know JMS best. Plus JMS might not be with it forever, you never know.

I'm also thinking of possible expansion, if I open up other sub-sections or either rebrand B5LR.com (something I said I wouldn't do, but you never know with me). So a domain name that I might get consistency with perhaps...

------------------

Here are some off the top of my head. I wish we knew what year Jeremiah takes place in as it would make a better one than the airdate year.

It is really hard to come up with an acronym for such a short title.
wink.gif
I only pasted in the .com domains so here they are, in random order:

jeremiah02.com
jeremiah2002.com
jtv2002.com
jtv02.com
jeremiahfan.com
jtvfan.com
jtv-fan.com
jtvfans.com
jtv-fans.com
valhallasector.com
valhalla-sector.com

Ok, I am reaching for some of those but maybe something will help...

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 | Rangers Sponsor List
Pouch-sucking spawn of a bladder fish! Son of a fitch piece of smelt! Tok-swallowing fenbarger! Thrak it! --Na'Feel swearing in B5LR

I was reading through some of the script also, to see if I could pick up buzz words for the show. But nothing so far.

What about www.jeremiahspoo.com

*says that for the B5 reference, but then laughs as he suddenly realizes what else it spells*

------------------

I like jtv2002.com and jeremiah-tv.com. What about jmtv.com (as in Jeremiah, not J. Michael) or searchforvalhalla.com (or search-for-valhalla.com), but knowing JMS, the show'll probably turn out to be about something radically different by year 2 or 3..

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I'm also thinking of possible expansion, if I open up other sub-sections or either rebrand B5LR.com (something I said I wouldn't do, but you never know with me). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't see the need. The Rangers are an important element of B5 and always will be, and they are legendary, within the context of the show. (Twice, in fact: once among the Minbari after the time of Valen, until their luster faded. Again among the Humans of Earth after the Great Burn. And arguably their exploits remain legendary among the people of the Alliance for the million-plus years of its existance. So, series or no series, it is an apt name.

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AntonyF:
What about www.jeremiahspoo.com

*says that for the B5 reference, but then laughs as he suddenly realizes what else it spells*
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol.gif
Oh my! That is a good pun but eeew!
tongue.gif

I also don't want b5lr.com to be "re-branded" as it is a good name and still appropriate even if there is no series.

------------------
Pouch-sucking spawn of a bladder fish! Son of a fitch piece of smelt! Tok-swallowing fenbarger! Thrak it! --Na'Feel swearing in B5LR

JMS said that he "thinks" it is set in 2020 so that could give some more domain name options. Although, I am not sure they will ever state the exact year in the series. Then there is the "Big Death" that wiped out the adults that you could work with ...

Anyway Ant, I don't envy you in picking out a domain name!

------------------

Rebrand B5LR? Horrors!

No, really - in the event that no series goes ahead...

In that case, I think you should get as pared-down, as close to the show's name as possible without trying to jump the official site. Sort of like "b5lr.com"
smile.gif

I'll let you know if I come up with anything new.

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

I'm not saying I will change, probably wont as b5lr.com is our name. It's just I'm always thinking 10 steps down the road, I cover all possibilities that I can.

Anyway, I can purchase jeremiahtv.com at a reasonsable rate... so what does everyone thing of that?
www.jeremiahtv.com ?

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AntonyF:
Anyway, I can purchase jeremiahtv.com at a reasonsable rate... so what does everyone thing of that?
www.jeremiahtv.com ?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like it
smile.gif

------------------
www.zone.ee/b5project

[This message has been edited by Sigma (edited February 03, 2002).]

Yup, I concur with everyone else. Plus, it has the added benefit of catching all those people who mistype the official site.
laugh.gif

------------------

www.jeremiahtv.com ?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's short and simple and says it all. Who could ask for anything more?
lol.gif

------------------
The avalance has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back