• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Do you miss those Rangers ladies?

I'm reading this thread right now, and you're not running around in circles for *me*...

laugh.gif

------------------
channe@cryoterrace | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

Anyway...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Do you miss those Rangers ladies?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In a few words... you betta bee-LEEEEVE it!
tongue.gif

------------------
-Londo's Hair
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!"

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

Sérieusement Myriam tu étais excellente dans le pilote. J'espère que nous les fans, auront l'occasion de te croiser dans les futurs conventions qui deviendront fréquentes dans les futurs années !

P.S. Tu as un nom très québecois, as-tu des racines de par là ?

------------------
---------------------------------
When I said my quarters were cold, I did not mean "Oh, I think it is a little chilly in here. Perhaps I'll throw a blanket on the bed." No! I said it was cold! As in, "Oh look - my left arm has snapped off like an icicle and shattered on the floor!"
- Londo

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
I'm reading this thread right now, and you're not running around in circles for *me*...

laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*runs around in circles*

there, happy?
laugh.gif

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world.### - caught from Saps @ B5MG

Well la-dee-da, look at all you hot shots speaking French to impress Myriam. Pff, big deal, I'm the first one to have figured out how to pronounce her name around here. Sir-wa. So there.

And hey, I can speak some French, too. Check this out, ahem:

Donnez mois le fromage.
Ouvre le fenetre.
Il y a une toilet? Oui, ici.
Je ne peus pas parle francais.
J'aime chocolate.

Aw heck, I can impress women in other ways
*tucks in gut, casually flexes biceps*

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Well whoop-de-doo Sir GKE. I have a friend with last name Dubois, so I naturally knew how it was pronounced.

Anyway, that little bit of French you spoke, well that was...ummm....impressive, yea....that's it.

BTW, don't suck your gut in for to long. We wouldn't want ya to cut off your flow of oxygen.

All Natron has to do is sit here, looking like his pretty little self, and wait for the return of dear Myriam.

Besides....I'm a telepath.
laugh.gif

------------------
"We live for the one, we die for the one."

[This message has been edited by Natron (edited January 25, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I have a friend with last name Dubois, so I naturally knew how it was pronounced. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, like this: doo-boys.

Besides, I bet no one knows how to pronounce Myriam. It's ste-fa-nee. I know, seems odd, but who can figure out those wacky French?

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Yeah, like this: doo-boys. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would appear to me as the 'English-fied" version of the name. They in fact pronounce it doo-boys...but I've always said it Du-bwa.

------------------
"We live for the one, we die for the one."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> doo-boys
Du-bwa. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It all depends on what part of Louisianna they're from.

The Cajun swamp rats pronounce it differently from the Citified Cajuns.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

Myriam, I am so happy that you came back! Unfortunately, the negative people have always been around since B5 started, & I get so sick & tired of them. What's funny is that when Crusade premiered, people complained & wanted B5 back. Now, people complain about Rangers & want Crusade back! I think some people just like to complain.

Again, glad to see you again!
smile.gif

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

hey guys!

sorry i haven't posted sooner. i have been a busy girl.

when the movie aired, i was in winnipeg having a second christmas with my family. (my cousin left her tree up for me! how cool is that?) i wasn't able to make it back home to manitoba over the holidays, so it was great to see everyone.

while i was there, i briefly checked out some sites to see viewer response only to learn that b5lr had crashed for the night. so, i turned my attentions to baking butter tarts for my brother, ryan. i am happy to report that they were a complete success (and i sampled enough to ensure quality of pastry).

then, when i returned to vancouver, i was back to a tonne of auditoning and workshopping various projects - and its only been a week! but here i am and i'm happy to be back.

thanks for this great posting. its a pleasure to be a ranger lady and i've just been so pleased and touched with the awesome support from all of you. as far as negative criticism goes, i never really get offended by it. no project is without its flaws and so to hold your work up to the expectation that it could reach perfection all the time is a pointless thing to do. if it was always perfect, what would be the point of working? on that note, i welcome all opinions and take them with a grain of salt knowing that the important elements have already been covered: ie. I GOT TO WORK WITH THE GREATEST GROUP OF PEOPLE ON A SHOW THAT WAS FUN FROM TOP TO BOTTOM. all the other stuff will find its way.

i will say though that myriam rocks in the pod. she's a tough chick blasting "on-coming" with her pipes. and whatever way you slice it, that is just plain fucking cool.

i don't mind if people want to rif about the show. its just great to put a product out there that commands so much passionate response.

so bring on the funk. bring on the juice newton (i'm loving "queen of hearts" right now). but most importantly, bring on the skull cap and latex, cause i am ready to get down with my minbari bad-ass self!!!!

(lyta, i'm glad you dug the interview. in a couple of days, i'll include links on my website's press page for all my on-line interviews and chats.)

fingers crossed...

enid-raye

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thatfirellgirl:
bring on the skull cap and latex, cause i am ready to get down with my minbari bad-ass self!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If at least the latter part of that statement is not a bumper sticker, it damn well should be.
smile.gif

------------------
Dave Thomer
This Is Not News

We're crossing our fingers out here!

I want to see more Firell. There wasn't much of her in the movie compared to some of the other characters. However, she was *very* intriguing.

And I can't get enough of figuring out where the alien crystal doo-dads come from. (I thought the fact the set designer used breadboxes on the bridge was just soooo cool.)

B5 always did justice to its female characters. That's a trait that's admirable, considering where a lot of networks come from... "hmm, let's dress 'em in a skintight uniform, and watch the boyos drool..."

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

I have three stickers in the back window of my Sentra:

"I don't know about you, but I live for the One"

"Whitestar Lines: Coriana 6, Ganymede, Io"

"Zathras Brothers Auto Body: Since 2260"

I have room for one more...
smile.gif

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>
bring on the skull cap and latex, cause i am ready to get down with my minbari bad-ass self!!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

enid-raye, this has the makings of a good profile signature
laugh.gif

------------------
Remember dear readers, you heard it here first. Off the record, on the Q.T., and very hush-hush - Danny DeVito as Sid Hudgens in L.A. Confidential

Enie, are you into '80's music? I really like it myself. I love the stuff that came out of England during that time.

Btw, you were great as Firell!
smile.gif

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

O.K. you guys are by far the coolest people ever!
smile.gif

I am overwhelmed and extremely flattered that so many of you have made the effort to speak to me in french!

It truly means a lot!
smile.gif

I promise to go through each post one by one and answer any questions you may have tomorrow. I unfortunately have to go at the moment.
smile.gif

Thanks again, you guys are the BEST!!!

Myriam
wink.gif

------------------

To Enid-Raye: I can't think of another B5 actor who is so unlike her character! (At least from what we've seen so far...) I always enjoy reading your posts and I look forward to reading many more in the future! I also love the candid shots on your website... is the Minbari makeup very constricting or uncomfortable?

To Myriam: Personally, I loved the gunnery pod stuff! I brought a tape of the show up to some friends' apartment on Friday night, and they all loved it, too. "No one's ever done tactical like that before! That's so cool!" was the main thing they were saying about it. I imagine swinging around on wires was fun too. I wish Sarah could have had a scene with G'Kar, that would have been interesting.
smile.gif

------------------
-Londo's Hair
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics!"

Well, let's see where do I start? Once again I'd like to say thanks to Irmo, Natron, GaribaldiHairs, Crazybillyo and of course you as well GkarsEye (very impressive indeed
tongue.gif
) for posting in french. I hope I didn't forget anybody, if so please accept my apologies. I was thrilled to read your posts. Very cool
cool.gif

As requested by Irmo, I will confirm that his post was nothing but kind and thoughtful. Thank you so much for your comments.

Charm and flattery you say GkarsEye? Well, let's say I call Enid-Raye and Jenni-Rebecca right now and then we can serve them up a triple dose of Ranger ladies. What do you think?
wink.gif

To answer GaribaldiHairs question I am in fact Quebecoise. At least technically. I was born in La belle province of Quebec, but sadly moved away when I was two. Thanks for the question.

Well, I hope no one was missed. Take care everybody.
smile.gif
Myriam.

Here's hoping we hear something soon
smile.gif

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back