• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Do Star Gate-SG1 and Jeremiah share sets?

It would stand to reason, I think. Same location, MGM's involved in both.

Why would you build completely different sets when you could give them a different look using camera angles and set dressing? Money, money, money...

But you're right, I don't know for sure... Oh, Dr. RingDing? You in da house?

Ro

i finally got my butt around to looking up my pw for this forum.. and so now i can provide some answers...

the answer to this is... maybe..

what i can tell you is this: the sets for these two shows are within 100 feet of each other (on lot is right next to the other)..
the official word is "no". the unofficial word is "i don't know".
it's quite possible that they could. they also might just recycle materials - i.e. one show tears down the set for x episode, the other show picks up the pieces and makes a set out of them..

that is all i know, from my vantage point.
-the doctor-

Ah yes, another of those don't ask don't tell questions... /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Thanks for the info. They sure look pretty darn similar.

Ro

It stands to reason that they would. Saves a bit of money, I think - although, if you think about it, it would be kind of hard, given the different premises of the shows.

Hell, my production of "Darla Destiny Stands Alone" used all the furniture from the theater's previous production of "The Glass Menagerie," put in different places... /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

One thing to notice...

The official name on the big doors at Thunder Mountain is Cheyenne Mountain Facility. (you can see it during the pilot)

The SGC resides inside the Cheyenne Mountain Facility.

The Goa'uld did it.

/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

SmG

Is it a set at all? or is it mainly composed of CGI. Also they both have access to all sorts of pictures from the archives.

Well, they certainly share actors... Though it was rather curious that both of them were cast as Jeremiah's parents. Maybe MGM/Showtime wanted them as recurring charceters in hopes of attracting more Stargate viewers?

I know Janet play the mother of Jeremiah, who plays the father? I mean what character he plays in Stargate. Just curious, his face is familiar but I haven't place him yet. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

One thing Lyta and I have noticed while doing backwork for our cast interviews was that many Vancouver-based actors have done the rounds of the shows filmed (present and past) up there. Stargate, Da Vinci's Inquest, Millennium, others.

But I really haven't seen much that *would* be similar in Jeremiah and Stargate, really, other than scenes filmed in that military pre-fab style.

Also, though, consider that both shows probably have a very strenuous filming schedule, showbiz being as cost-cutting as it tries to be with this sort of thing.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I know Janet play the mother of Jeremiah, who plays the father? I mean what character he plays in Stargate. Just curious, his face is familiar but I haven't place him yet.

[/quote]

Devon played by Robert Wisden was also in the SG-1 premiere episode, Children of the Gods, as Major Samuels.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back