• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

DarkTales to publish Crusade Scripts?

Lyta

On the ISN News Forums, I saw that someone posted (a few weeks ago) information about DarkTales Publications releasing the unproduced Crusade scripts (End of the Line, Ends of the Earth, Value Judgements, and possibly two others that were not on bookface.com) at some point.

Word is that JMS is too busy right now to pursue this but wouldn't that be a great treat if it did go through?

I am currently trying to confirm this information but can anyone else confirm this in the meantime?

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 | Abyss : Jeremiah
Tell your friend, if I were a god, I would have more hair and a deeper voice. --JMS

[This message has been edited by Lyta (edited February 20, 2002).]

Good point; sorry that I haven't heard much other than that. I was rather hoping that someone would publish them in a collection, along with the other extant B5 short stories from Amazing Stories and suchlike. Would be nice and handy for us poor sods that couldn't get them in the first place
frown.gif
and cut down on the contraband copies traffic as well.
hinthinthinthinthinthint

------------------
Snarky Boojum; Hymnist to His Illustrious Bucketness, and Honorary Assistant Running Coach for the Narn Bat Squad...

Lyta,

That's great news! /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif I just asked JMS to confirm at rastb5m. Since it's a new post, the mods. have to clear it first. Maybe it'll get up there today, if my electrons don't get derailed to the big bit bucket in the sky.

Subject: ATTN. JMS - Darktales To Publish Unproduced Crusade Scripts (End of the Line, Ends of the Earth, Value Judgements, & possibly two others not on bookface)???

I saw this over at B5lr.com, but when I checked at Darktales, I didn't see it. Can you confirm whether or not Darktales is going to publish these, and list the other titles?

By being published, it won't prevent these from being shot, right? Hope not, because I want to SEE these episodes on TV. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

On the ISN News Forums, I saw that someone posted (a few weeks ago) information about DarkTales Publications releasing the unproduced Crusade scripts (End of the Line, Ends of the Earth, Value Judgements, and possibly two others that were not on bookface.com) at some point. Word is that JMS is too busy right now to pursue this but wouldn't that be a great treat if it did go through?

I am currently trying to confirm this information but can anyone else confirm this in the meantime?************************************************************

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Originally posted by TurGenar:
Good point; sorry that I haven't heard much other than that. I was rather hoping that someone would publish them in a collection, along with the other extant B5 short stories from Amazing Stories and suchlike. Would be nice and handy for us poor sods that couldn't get them in the first place, /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif and cut down on the contraband copies traffic as well. hinthinthinthinthinthint

<hr></blockquote>

If you want to hint to somebody who can actually do something about it, email and snail mail this guy:

Steve Saffel
SSaffel@randomhouse.com

Del Rey Books
Steve Saffel, Senior Editor
1540 Broadway
NY, NY 10036-4040 USA

KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Crusade (reruns) starting 03/26/2002 at 1PM EST on the Sci-Fi Channel

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited February 21, 2002).]

TurGenar,

Since your email address isn't shown in your Messageboard profile, it really is not a challenge to resist sending you further info.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
That's great news!
smile.gif
I just asked JMS to confirm at rastb5m.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks KoshN/Mac!
smile.gif

I don't post/read the newsgroup often since I am on the mailing list that sends out JMS' posts and I usually don't have need to venture out futher. However, I did see it today when I was posting information about my Jeremiah site so I hope he responds.

I hope it is true! *crosses her fingers*

------------------
Tell your friend, if I were a god, I would have more hair and a deeper voice. --JMS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I hope it is true! *crosses her fingers*<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ill second that id love the idear of reading the 2 unproduced scrips again + two new ones
smile.gif

------------------
G'kar " No dictator no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms .forever.. there is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom...against that power governments and tyrants and armies Cannot stand... The Centauri learned this lession once ... We will teach it to them again... though it take a thousand years... We will be Free!"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lyta:
Thanks KoshN/Mac!
smile.gif

I don't post/read the newsgroup often since I am on the mailing list that sends out JMS' posts and I usually don't have need to venture out futher. However, I did see it today when I was posting information about my Jeremiah site so I hope he responds.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe if a few people from here (hint, hint) went to the thread and commented (Please correct the Subject line if you do.
smile.gif
), JMS might see it as interest and actually answer.

The thread title is "ATTN. JNS - Darktales To Publish Unproduced Crusade Scripts (End of the Line, Ends of the Earth, Value Judgements, & possibly two others not on bookface)???" and it's dated Thursday, February 21, 2002 5:57 AM.

Yes, I misspelled JMS as JNS.
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

It was early in the morning, and I hadn't had my coffee yet, ...and well the N is right next to the M.
blush.gif
I noticed it as I hit Send. Then, I couldn't send a quick correction, because it was a new thread and wouldn't show up for hours, so I fudged a "reply" but it doesn't show up connected to the original message. Argh!
blush.gif
mad.gif
blush.gif
crazy.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited February 22, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lyta:
Thanks KoshN/Mac!
smile.gif

I hope it is true! *crosses her fingers*

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lyta,

How does one get on such a mailing list? Also thanks for the info. You are very adept at digging up this sort of stuff for us.
smile.gif

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Recoil:
How does one get on such a mailing list? Also thanks for the info. You are very adept at digging up this sort of stuff for us.
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I see you don't look at my B5 links page much do you?
tongue.gif

You can find out information about the list or just go directly to the subscription page.

As for digging up info ... yeah, I guess I have a knack for it. It helps that I know where to look too.
wink.gif
Just don't let my real secret out of the bag:

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>Mostly luck and boredom!</font></td></tr></table>

------------------

[This message has been edited by Lyta (edited February 22, 2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
Maybe if a few people from here (hint, hint) went to the thread and commented (Please correct the Subject line if you do.
smile.gif
), JMS might see it as interest and actually answer.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I agree. I am going to add my thoughts there right after this.

UPDATE: The person at ISN News forums said that DarkTales is ready to go and the only thing holding them back is JMS' approval.

If there is some reason why you don't want to post in the newsgroup yourself, let me know what you want to say and I can post it for you. If you would rather send it to me by email, use the address in my profile.
smile.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cleron:
Ill second that id love the idear of reading the 2 unproduced scrips again + two new ones
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What I would give to read the two new scripts!

------------------
-With every light is born a shadow-

If you would rather send it to me by email, use the address in my profile.
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lyta, e-mail addresses in profiles don't show up, no matter if you've selected to make them public or not. I suppose the general board setting is to make them private.

As for the info, yeah, it's most interesting. I'd love to see the scripts made public! But only as long as it doesn't mean that they wouldn't be turned into episodes, then... how common would it be to publish unproduced scripts of a series that's taking a long forced hiatus (I'm putting it like this because I still have some hope left!
laugh.gif
)? Although, I guess since they already were public for a while, it shouldn't matter that much.

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kribu:
Lyta, e-mail addresses in profiles don't show up, no matter if you've selected to make them public or not. I suppose the general board setting is to make them private.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I know.
smile.gif
That is why I put my address in the "Interests" field.
wink.gif
tongue.gif

------------------

**Kicks herself**

You know, I even looked at your profile to be sure that the e-mail addresses don't show up... guess I didn't bother to look at the Interests field!
blush.gif

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Recoil:
Lyta,

smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't you get to the newsgroup itself? Doesn't your ISP give you access (i.e. a news account)? It's rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

That's the second thing I check every morning, right after I check my email. While rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated was very busy right after TLaDiS aired, it's quieted down now (only 10 or so new messages a day).

Actually, I can't believe how quiet it is now. It's like everybody's holding their breath.

G'Kar: "The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain."

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

I use Mailgate.org to check the newsgroup. If I had to rely on either my home or work news account (different ISPs), I'd miss about 90% of the messages and get the rest with a couple of days' delay.
crazy.gif

------------------

Well, I see you don't look at my B5 links page much do you?
tongue.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*adds Lyta's page to his Favorites menu*

BTW - did you do all the HTML and coding for that page yourself?

------------------
'I don't believe in the no-win scenario' - JTK

[This message has been edited by Recoil (edited February 23, 2002).]

*tickles Kribu*

KoshN, not everyone is adept at reading/accessing newsgroups. I tend to stay away from there just because there is usually so much crap to wade through. Also, not everyone's ISP makes it obvious how to access the newsgroups. I tend to use Google's Groups page to look at the recent RASTB5M postings. They only update the posts once or maybe twice a day but I think it is good enough for the most part.
smile.gif

Recoil, yes, I do all the HTML and coding (aren't those basically the same thing?
laugh.gif
) for that page and all the others on my site.
wink.gif

*tickles Recoil as well*

------------------

*tickles Kribu*

KoshN, not everyone is adept at reading/accessing newsgroups. I tend to stay away from there just because there is usually so much crap to wade through. Also, not everyone's ISP makes it obvious how to access the newsgroups.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated isn't hard to keep up with. It only gets 20 or so messages a day. Now, keeping up with alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer would be a different matter entirely. They get about 1000 new messages a day. I don't even try to keep up with that one!
shocked.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>I tend to stay away from there just because there is usually so much crap to wade through.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, that's one of the nice things about a moderated group. The usual junk gets filtered out. (The B5 mod is the only newsgroup I follow, and that only in the past couple of years. I had given up on newsgroups entirely in the mid-1980s precisely because of the problems you mention. I quit chatrooms around the same time - and have rarely been tempted back - because they resemble the most boring cocktail parties I have ever attended with bad grammar and atrocious spelling added to the mix.
smile.gif
)

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

[This message has been edited by Joseph DeMartino (edited February 24, 2002).]

Back