• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

DarkTales to publish Crusade Scripts?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
Actually, I can't believe how quiet it is now. It's like everybody's holding their breath.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Personally, I think they are having technical problems. Recently I tried to post a reply, and it was rejected immediately. I don't mean after the moderator looked at it, it was rejected immediately. I didn't have .'s down the left side of the screen either (I learned that long ago).

The next day I posted the same reply with no problems. And they have had tech. problems in the past. My best guess: they've either had some tech. problems. They might also be monitoring/screening messages much more slowly. That tends to slow down people's desire to post (knowing it will take a day to get there).

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

Ok, fine so RASTB5M is not a high volume newsgroup. It used to be from what I remembered a few years back. Like I said, I don't visit much so I wouldn't know if they were slow or if it was a normal amount of messages for the newsgroup.

BTW, my definition of "crap" is not what you assumed it was ... "crap" is wading through discussions that I don't care about just to find things that interest me. Most of the time, JMS' posts are enough so that is the reason why I am satisfied with the mailing list.
wink.gif

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 | Abyss : Jeremiah
Tell your friend, if I were a god, I would have more hair and a deeper voice. --JMS

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lyta:
BTW, my definition of "crap" is not what you assumed it was ... "crap" is wading through discussions that I don't care about just to find things that interest me. Most of the time, JMS' posts are enough so that is the reason why I am satisfied with the mailing list.
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When the discussions spiral off into areas that are completely outside the thread topic, or degrade into being taken to the N-th degree by people who think everything's either black or white, or want to nitpick truly microscopic details until the sun goes out, I either ignore 'em or right-click mark 'em as read. I don't read every post.
shocked.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Crusade (reruns) starting 03/26/2002 at 1PM EST on the Sci-Fi Channel

http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
Maybe if a few people from here (hint, hint) went to the thread and commented (Please correct the Subject line if you do.
smile.gif
), JMS might see it as interest and actually answer.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like he's not going to answer, or even say that he can't comment at the moment. Oh well.
frown.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Looks like he's not going to answer, or even say that he can't comment at the moment. Oh well. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sigh a response would of been nice i hate getting to worked up over nothing. well we can still hope
smile.gif

------------------
G'kar " No dictator no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms .forever.. there is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom...against that power governments and tyrants and armies Cannot stand... The Centauri learned this lession once ... We will teach it to them again... though it take a thousand years... We will be Free!"

I've been on the moderated list for several years and I also check out JMSnews.com to find out if there is anything important going on.

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Looks like he's not going to answer, or even say that he can't comment at the moment.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I noticed two things about your message: 1) The subject line says, "ATTN: JNS", which might mean that his usenet filter would fail to flag it as a message for him and 2) It shows up in my newsreader as a *blank* message with an attachment. (Perhaps it didn't show up and you had to resend it?) Depending on what software JMS uses he may have simply seen a blank with no attached message.

So he may not be ducking the question, he may not know that it was asked.
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
Well, I noticed two things about your message: 1) The subject line says, "ATTN: JNS", which might mean that his usenet filter would fail to flag it as a message for him and 2) It shows up in my newsreader as a *blank* message with an attachment. (Perhaps it didn't show up and you had to resend it?) Depending on what software JMS uses he may have simply seen a blank with no attached message.

So he may not be ducking the question, he may not know that it was asked.
smile.gif

Regards,

Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Long story (sorry).

I sent the first one (see below in italics) Thursday, February 21, 2002 5:57 AM, before I had my coffee.
blush.gif
It didn't actually show up on rastb5m for about 12 hours.

Subject: ATTN. JNS - Darktales To Publish Unproduced Crusade Scripts (End of the Line, Ends of the Earth, Value Judgements, & possibly two others not on bookface)???

I saw this over at B5lr.com, but when I checked at Darktales, I didn't see
it.
Can you confirm whether or not Darktales is going to publish these, and list
the other titles?

By being published, it won't prevent these from being shot, right? Hope
not, because I want to SEE these episodes on TV.
smile.gif

On the ISN News Forums, I saw that someone posted (a few weeks ago)
information about DarkTales Publications releasing the unproduced Crusade
scripts (End of the Line, Ends of the Earth, Value Judgements, and possibly
two others that were not on bookface.com) at some point.
Word is that JMS is too busy right now to pursue this but wouldn't that be a
great treat if it did go through?

I am currently trying to confirm this information but can anyone else
confirm this in the meantime?

As I was pressing Send, I noticed the typo (but it was too late then), so I sent the following new message Thursday, February 21, 2002 6:11 AM. I had to make a new message, since my 5:57AM one probably would not be up for hours or days, if at all, and so there was nothing to Reply to.

Re: ATTN. JMS - Darktales To Publish Unproduced Crusade Scripts (End of the Line, Ends of the Earth, Value Judgements, possibly two others not on bookface)???

Sorry for the typo in the Subject Line! It's pretty early and I hadn't had
my coffee yet.
Well, "N" is right next-door to "M."
smile.gif

I would try again, but I can't get through to rastb5m. The last seven messages, I sent:

Tuesday, February 26, 2002 9:28 AM
Tuesday, February 26, 2002 9:30 AM
Tuesday, February 26, 2002 9:37 AM
Tuesday, February 26, 2002 12:11 PM
Tuesday, February 26, 2002 12:18 PM
Tuesday, February 26, 2002 4:20 PM
Wednesday, February 27, 2002 10:59 AM

...haven't made it yet, and are probably in the big bit bucket in the sky.

The last message I got posted on rastb5m is in my Sent Folder as Monday, February 25, 2002 11:48 AM and is in rastb5m as Monday, February 25, 2002 11:53 AM. I can no longer post by sending to B5 Newsgroup Post <b5mod@deepthot.org> because Jay's system does not like my ISP's mail server.
frown.gif

So basically, I'm frelled, and within a gnat's eyelash of unsubscribing from rastb5m.
mad.gif

Would you post the question at rastb5m, and see if you can get through?
smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited February 27, 2002).]

LOL! My messages haven't made it through for the past few days, either. I thought the problem was on my end. Sorry, but I don't think I'll have any more luck than you did.
smile.gif

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
LOL! My messages haven't made it through for the past few days, either. I thought the problem was on my end. Sorry, but I don't think I'll have any more luck than you did.
smile.gif

Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you tried to post via the email method to b5mod@deepthot.org ?

That used to make it through for me when the other method failed.

I just tried sending the following from my Yahoo account:

Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 12:57:56 -0800 (PST)
Subject: ATTN. JMS - Darktales To Publish Unproduced Crusade Scripts (End of the Line, Ends of the Earth, Value Judgements, & possibly two others not on bookface)???

To: "B5 Newsgroup Post" <b5mod@deepthot.org>

I saw this over at B5lr.com, but when I checked at Darktales, I didn't see it. Can you confirm whether or not Darktales is going to publish these, and list the other titles?

By being published, it won't prevent these from being shot, right? Hope not, because I want to SEE these episodes on TV. :)

On the ISN News Forums, I saw that someone posted (a few weeks ago) information about DarkTales Publications releasing the unproduced Crusade scripts (End of the Line, Ends of the Earth, Value Judgements, and possibly two others that were not on
bookface.com) at some point.

Word is that JMS is too busy right now to pursue this but wouldn't that be a great treat if it did go through?

I am currently trying to confirm this information but can anyone else confirm this in the meantime?

UPDATE: The person at ISN News forums said that DarkTales is ready to go and the only thing holding them back is JMS' approval.

UPDATE: It worked. I got the message posted just now w/o the "N" typo.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited February 27, 2002).]

No, I wasn't aware of that method. I'll have to give it a try, since the replying to the group seems to be such a hit-or-miss affair the other way.

Thanks,

Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now you know why I ALWAYS went the email route when I had a choice.
laugh.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Have you tried to post via the email method to b5mod@deepthot.org?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I wasn't aware of that method. I'll have to give it a try, since the replying to the group seems to be such a hit-or-miss affair the other way.

Thanks,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

Back