• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade of Rangers?

Elizar

Beyond the rim
If you had your pick, would you rather see Crusade come back on the air of have a Rangers series?

I would pick Crusade myself.

------------------
-With every light is born a shadow-

This is a really unfair question, given the amount of character and plot development Crusade had compared to Rangers (scads!) Give me thirteen episodes of Rangers, and then I'll answer the question...
wink.gif

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "Last one to kill a bad guy buys the beer." -lost in space

Well, given the fact that I live in England and haven't seen Rangers yet, I'd have to say that I'd be for having Crusade back on the air.

I haven't even seen all the episodes yet, and most of the ones I did were ones that I hear *
mad.gif
THEY
mad.gif
* interfered with, and I could still see the potential of the series.

*The Martian shudders uncontrolably as he desperately tries not to start ranting about *
mad.gif
THEM
mad.gif
* again*

Must... not... rant...

------------------
I really should get a life, but I just don't want to.

There's too much else to do.

IF I had to pick, I would pick Crusade. No doubt about it.

HOWEVER, I want BOTH.

The idea of making a selection is unfair. We had one 1.5 hour TV movie that led into Crusade, and 9.75 hours of Crusade episodes, but only a 1.5 hour pilot of Rangers. Naturally, we have more invested in Crusade, and hence people would be more likely to pick Crusade. We got to know the Crusade characters better.

Martian Male,

If only we could get the Technomage Trilogy filmed (preferrably for theatrical release). Then, maybe, we could put
mad.gif
THEIR
mad.gif
symbol on the top of one of the buildings that Galen destroys on Thenothk.
laugh.gif

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

Crusade (reruns) starting 03/26/2002 at 1PM EST on the Sci-Fi Channel
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

[This message has been edited by KoshN (edited February 24, 2002).]

I agree, its really an unfair comparison. Besides, I love pretty much anything JMS does. But, I would prob go for Crusade at this point - Gideon is awesome (and cute).
wink.gif

invalensname

------------------
**In Starlight** | In Starlight's Forum

"There is always hope. Only because its the one thing no one's figured out how to kill, yet."
--Galen, 'Crusade'

Both. Definitely both.

However, if absolutely forced to choose... before seeing the Rangers movie I'd have said Crusade, but right now I's almost want to see a Rangers series more.

Maybe because there's still more chance of that happening.

------------------
"There are things out there beyond imagination, and I have a rather healthy imagination." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com | Kribu.net

Put Galen on the Liandra and I'd rather see a Rangers series. But as it is, since we've seen so little of Rangers, I feel like more of my interest has been invested in Crusade. So many open plot points: The plague, the apocalypse box, the hybrid ship, the mages, and many more. Rangers has potential, but Crusade has already pulled me in.

------------------

I'm trying, I'm really trying, but I just can't say no to any B5. I want the Crusade story to be told and so I would vote for that. But then I love the idea of a new story, which swings me back to Rangers.
I can't choose!
smile.gif

------------------
"You know I? I rather like this GOD fellow. He's very theatrical you know, a pestilence here, a plague there... Omnipotence, Got to get me some of that, Hmmm?" - Stewie (Family Guy)

The majority vote seems to be for Crusade but I'll be different. I would prefer to see a Rangers series because of the timeline. If JMS wanted to he could incorporate part of the Crusade story into a Rangers series just to let us know how it all ends.

If both series were available, I would most certainly watch them both.
smile.gif

------------------
I always seem to be diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Since both Crusade and Rangers was/is supposed to take up an entire series by itself, would it be possible to have both stories told properly?

------------------
"You know I? I rather like this GOD fellow. He's very theatrical you know, a pestilence here, a plague there... Omnipotence, Got to get me some of that, Hmmm?" - Stewie (Family Guy)

I would prefer both, I would be extremely pleased with either, but if forced to choose I would pick Crusade.

------------------
"I was free to wallow in my own crapulence." -Mr. Burns in "Who Shot Mr. Burns Part Two"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> If only we could get the Technomage Trilogy filmed (preferrably for theatrical release). Then, maybe, we could put THEIR symbol on the top of one of the buildings that Galen destroys on Thenothk.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oooh, yes, I can (almost) see it now...

------------------
I really should get a life, but I just don't want to.

There's too much else to do.

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

If only we could get the Technomage Trilogy filmed (preferrably for theatrical release). Then, maybe, we could put THEIR symbol on the top of one of the buildings that Galen destroys on Thenothk.

<hr></blockquote>

Too late, JMS has already destroyed THEIR building in issue 10(ish) of "Rising Stars"

/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Too late, JMS has already destroyed THEIR building in issue 10(ish) of "Rising Stars"

<hr></blockquote>

Well, we can always do it again. Pretend they rebuilt it. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

If I had my pick, I'd have neither a Rangers series (as it was presented in B5LR) or a Crusade series.

My first pick was for someone to do B5 movies with the original cast, starting with a mini-series about the telepath war.

My second choice would have been a Rangers series set *AFTER* Sheridan's death and featuring John & Delenn's son David. That would increase the relevance, for me, to the original series.

Lyta and G'Kar play the hero whilst being on the run. (With help from number one?)
Susan Ivanova and her big ship.
The investigations of Zack.
What Garibaldi did next.
Bester bags the blips.
Sheridan and Delenn in the West Wing of Yes President.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back