• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Could Crusade Be Done With A New Cast???

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Demon:
Rent the movie sometime and you'll see that there's no doubting whose butt it is
wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, i will, i will. got a list of them. gonna go rent em.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine
(he just doesn't know it yet, LOL)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
First of all, the "difficulty" of reassembling the original cast is greatly exaggerated.

They only produced 13 of a proposed 110 episodes, and several of them were sub-par, the result of JMS's fatigue, TNT's interference, or a combination of both.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, about the difficulty of reassembling the original cast. Everybody seems to want to make a big deal out of this. I want to see the original cast come back. I grew to like them all.

Re: The 13 existing Crusade episodes... With the exception of War Zone, the more times I see them, the more I like them, and even War Zone has it's good points.

------------------
KoshN
----------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for the new series
"Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2, 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph DeMartino:
hypatia:

I answered this question in the other thread you posted it to, here:
smile.gif

www.b5lr.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000068.html

I liked Max. He, Galen, Dureena and Gideon were probably my favorites. I think Sarah Chambers suffered from "SF Doctor Syndrome." They don't get enough screen time because they're always stuck in MedLab or Sickbay or whatever they're calling it on a given show. Stephen Franklin wasn't much of a character either until we got to see him off duty or doing other things a little more. He was great in the Mars arc with Marcus, for instance, but we didn't get nearly enough of that. Mostly he was in MedLab delivering pages of exposition. I think Chambers could have been as good a character as Franklin given more time.

Dureena had yellow eyes? How did you even notice this? Who the hell was looking at her eyes?
laugh.gif

Regards,

Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed on Max. Initially, I couldn't stand him, but that changed over time. In fact, he was the one who was the most improved/most grew on me during the 13 episodes. Now, I couldn't imagine Crusade without him. Chambers and Trace were the only ones I didn't care for.

With respect to Dureena, what were you looking at? Yeah, same thing I was looking at in the last scene on the bridge in The Memory of War.

smile.gif

------------------
KoshN
----------------
Vorlon Empire

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:
Yeah, same thing I was looking at in the last scene on the bridge in The Memory of War.

smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Galen's mighty staff?
laugh.gif

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Technomage Roanna:
Galen's mighty staff?
laugh.gif

Ro

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My boys like to look at Dureena too. I guess I can't blame them, she is something else (to quote them).

The female members of our family are either Gideon freaks (me) or Galen freaks (everyone else). We basically don't have any Max freaks in our house. Although he grows on ya big time if ya let him.

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

Actually, I'm a big-eyed fan of most of the Crusade crew.

When I found out Gary Cole was Gideon, I thought he'd be my favorite bit of beefsteak.

Then when the show came on, Peter Woodward's intensity drew me right into Galen watching.

Max was a harder sell for me, but David Allen Brooks is sooo charismatic that it bubbles up underneath all that wounded defensiveness. Then he got a spectacular script for his character in Rules of the Game.

And not many people comment on Daniel Dae Kim's Matheson on this board, but I think that's because Matheson didn't get much to do for many of the 13 shows that did make the air. Needs of Earth gave both him and Marjean Holden's Dr. Chambers a chance to shine that showed some promise for future episodes. Fiona Avery's Value Judgements script would, imo, have made him a fan favorite for sure.

Carrie Dobro as Dureena, well, there's something about a gal who will crawl through several tons of dirt and debris to get to a staff, ain't there?
wink.gif

Ro

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KoshN:

Galen wasn't in the last scene, which was on the bridge of the Excalibur, and was a conversation between Dureena and Gideon, with most of the camera attention on Dureena.
shocked.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe, all right, get technical on me...
tongue.gif

I was, of course, referring to the scene in Med Bay, which was one of my favorites in the whole series. Not the least reason being all that lovely skin revealed beneath technomantic robes.
wink.gif

And it was a Mighty Staff, anyhoo...

Ro

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> And it was a Mighty Staff, anyhoo...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably compensating
tongue.gif

------------------
Demon

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Demon:
Probably compensating
tongue.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Possibly, but it did appear to have it's own power source.
laugh.gif

Ro

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Technomage Roanna:
Galen's mighty staff?
laugh.gif

Ro

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not likely.

smile.gif

Galen wasn't in the last scene, which was on the bridge of the Excalibur, and was a conversation between Dureena and Gideon, with most of the camera attention on Dureena.
shocked.gif

------------------
KoshN
----------------
Vorlon Empire

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>We basically don't have any Max freaks in our house. Although he grows on ya big time if ya let him.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh my! the thought of letting him "grow" on me!

as for Galen... the medbay scene with the implants and the staff... wooohooo !

also liked the nice pan up gary coles legs in the first episode sci fi showed .. racing the night? I never can remember episode titles.

definitely the same cast... oh yes indeedy!

alex

------------------
"I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit."--Max eilerson

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Possibly, but it did appear to have it's own power source. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very dirty laughter...
wink.gif

And as for that shot of Gary Cole's legs (yes it was Racing the Night)... I think the quote goes something like "Woohoo"
laugh.gif

------------------
Demon

Very dirty laughter...
wink.gif

And as for that shot of Gary Cole's legs (yes it was Racing the Night)... I think the quote goes something like "Woohoo"
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the guy has terrifically sexy knees.
WooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooo in more ways than one.

Yummy!

------------------
Colleen L. Stanford
Gideon's Mine, all Mine

As I noted in an earlier post in this thread, the only quote I've ever seen from Cole on the subject makes it clear that he liked the show, but didn't like the network- (or "nitwork") imposed production halts and changes.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No surprise there! TNT must have driven them nuts.

------------------
KoshN
----------------
Vorlon Empire

Possibly, but it did appear to have it's own power source.
laugh.gif

Ro

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ohhh,you've done it now, you're sending me off into Galen land, tra-la-la-la...

Own power source indeed!

------------------
We are starstuff. We are the universe made manifest...

Never send a pouchling to do a technomancer's job.
wink.gif

Ro

------------------

Well, I'd prefer to have the whole cast back.

But, if that couldn't be done, I could do without some of the characters.

In just 13 episodes I liked all of the characters, while on B5 it took me a while to catch on to some.

Mostly, though, I'd want Woodward, Cole, Dobro, and David Allen Brooks back.

They all did great.

Man, I love Crusade! I realize that in 13 episodes, you can't have a super-deep, "oh wow!" story arc, so I just enjoyed it for what it was. Besides, I don't think it was ever meant to have any of those super-deep moments that B5 had.

As for the topic question, I don't know. I like the entired cast a lot. The only person I could probably live without is Dr. Chambers. Gideon is certainly a different kinda captain, but I like him. "I'll do what you want me to do, but I'll do it my way, or no go."

I love seeing Galen in real life, after reading the technomage books. He is very intense, and he sometimes seems to be half-way between a human and a Vorlon. I suppose that's what technomages are, though.
smile.gif

Max, well, he has a certain charm to him. I don't know what it is about him, really. Maybe after I watch the other 6 episodes, I'll know.

It's Matheson who intrigues me the most. I didn't know he was a telepath until maybe the 5th ep that was aired on Monday. Plus, I have a thing for Asian men... (well, all good-looking men, really.)

Well, all this is said after watching Crusade for 7 hours straight. It's now 2am, I figure I'll write up my paper and watch the other 6 episodes tonight.

Oh, and if Crusade is not continued on TV at all, I would love for JMS to write a bunch of novels continuing the entire story of the show. Maybe after Rangers, so he can fill in the part that Rangers doesn't cover. (assuming there will be a RAngers series)

------------------
"Medlab, this is Sinclair." -Bruce Boxleitner

We are all the sum of our tears - too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much and the best of us is washed away. - G'Kar

I think it could be then maybe it would catch on around the country and turn into a five year story along with Legend of the Rangers
cool.gif

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back