• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Comparing actor posts to their screen presence and the Return of G'Kar the Horndog

Quagmire

Regular
Comparing actor posts to their screen presence and the Return of G\'Kar the Horndog

Possible Spoilers

How did the actors compare to the mental image you had of them from their posts? Of course Enid-Raye is quite different from her character's persona but while Warren is not his character his voice and look fit what I pictured in my head. I hope this isn't taken the wrong way but I had a completely different idea of what Dean would sound like. Perhaps it's because he looks so serious in his photo but his character was less reserved than I thought.

One other thing that's not really related. Did anyone else notice G'Kar kissing the hand of one female human(I think she was a Ranger) than whispering in her ear. Looks like he still has that behavior oddity.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

Re: Comparing actor posts to their screen presence and the Return of G\'Kar the Horndog

LOL! I think I actually noticed that about G'Kar! People don't change, do they? Even if they're Narn.

I had an idea about what Sarah would sound like. But that's just because I've seen an episode or two of Ranma, and an ex-boyfriend of mine, um, really liked Akane.

I can't say anything about Martel or Dulann, because I had heard the actors' voices on previews and in trailers before anything else (Zahara's was the first one any of us heard, with the "we are born of the stars, we live in starlight," which was my favorite line out of the show, I think).

I must admit, I envisioned Dean's voice to be different than what it was. Not that that's a bad thing; it's just that the actor seems a lot less calm than the character!
smile.gif

About Enid-Raye's, let me give you a quote from a B5 newbie: "Gosh. She has a gorgeous voice. I could listen to her talk for days."

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

Re: Comparing actor posts to their screen presence and the Return of G\'Kar the Horndog

This is a bit unfair for me to comment as I was at that famous "Gathering" in Vancouver where we got to meet most of the cast and view some rough cuts of some scenes. Still, that was held at the end of May 2001 so my memory doesn't really recall specifics much.
wink.gif

Still, after getting to know the actor's personalities here on the boards, I was a bit surprised to see some of their characters on screen. Plus, I have seen most of the promos and have heard most of their voices already.
wink.gif

Dean's voice was the one that I had the hardest to get used to. I have already teased him that he sounded "younger" than I expected/remembered which I am not sure if that was intentional or not. I don't think it is bad necessarily ... just unexpected.
smile.gif

Enid-Raye was also another surprise because she was such a hoot (both at the Gathering and here on the boards) and I was really impressed how she portrayed Firell (from the limited amount that I could judge). Her voice made me want her as my healer!

Alex never really surprised me except how much he -was- Dulann. His sense of humor surprised me most of all.

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 <- New & Improved!
Pouch-sucking spawn of a bladder fish! Son of a fitch piece of smelt! Tok-swallowing fenbarger! Thrak it! --Na'Feel swearing in B5LR

By the way if any of the actors or B5 newbies don't understand the horndog reference just ask.

------------------
"Crying isn't gonna get your dog back. Unless your tears smell like dog food. So you can sit here eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell like dog food or you can go out there and find your dog."-Homer in The Canine Mutiny

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo:
By the way if any of the actors or B5 newbies don't understand the horndog reference just ask.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am hardly a B5 newbie, but what the heck is horndog?
crazy.gif

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

In early B5 G'Kar seemed to enjoy the fairer sex to a degree more than usual. He put that pursuit above others so calling him a horndog seeemed acurate.

What was unusual about G'Kar is that he liked females from other series, especailly those who did not necessarily look like his own species. The example often given is whether you would find a kangaroo of the sex you prefer in humans attractive.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doctor Gonzo:
The example often given is whether you would find a kangaroo of the sex you prefer in humans attractive.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on, that's not exactly comparable!
lol.gif
You can't even have a conversation with a kangaroo (or any other non-human animal)!!
laugh.gif

As for that particular peculiarity... from what I remember of the short story Genius Loci, this kind of behaviour seems to have never left G'Kar.
wink.gif

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

Dean's voice surprised me, too. And as I watched Enie as Firell, I thought, "She is *so* different from her character!" Everyone else was just as I expected.

Tammy

PS--I laughed at that "G'Kar is a Horndog" comment. So true! Hee, hee!
smile.gif

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

I kinda wonder how long it was before his horndogness got the better of him and he hit on Lyta.

------------------

Excellent post.

I found Dean to be as expected, no surprises as such there.

The two surprises for me were more Enie and Warren. Warren because he just sounded more... how can I put this. More different then I expected. I suppose I was expecting the usual generic American voice, but he wasn't like that. Enie surprised me becuase when I interviewed her she was just cracking me up, and was so lively. Whereas Firrel was just... so serene, and elegant in her voice. I prefer Enie of the two though.
wink.gif

------------------
MPAA: Rated R for bad language, crude humor,
language, sexuality/nudity and drug content.

I kinda wonder how long it was before his horndogness got the better of him and he hit on Lyta. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, I was actaully thinking the same thing and I even thought I mentioned it (but I hadn't). Hmm, G'Kar and the liberated Lyta who said, "Oh, and you mentioned wondering what my pleasure threshold is. I just recently found out, I don't have one. Have a very very nice day, G'kar."

Even if nothing happened between them, the interaction and teasing would be so much fun to watch.
wink.gif

As for Antony's impression of Warren ... well, I hope you get to meet him in person someday because I saw Warren a lot when I was watching Kitaro. He was grinning with pride and pleasure the whole time I saw him at the Gathering.
smile.gif
Oy, then just tell him how cute and attractive he is and watch him blush!
laugh.gif

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 <- New & Improved!
Pouch-sucking spawn of a bladder fish! Son of a fitch piece of smelt! Tok-swallowing fenbarger! Thrak it! --Na'Feel swearing in B5LR

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
I am hardly a B5 newbie, but what the heck is horndog?
crazy.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A horndog is a poon hound, tail chaser, fly fisher, womanizer...

We go by so many names.
wink.gif

The reference is to G'Kar's various "exploits" with human females hinted at early on in Babylon 5.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
A horndog is a poon hound, tail chaser, fly fisher, womanizer...

We go by so many names.
wink.gif

The reference is to G'Kar's various "exploits" with human females hinted at early on in Babylon 5.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, thanks GkarsEye. Yes, there was one very funny moment when G'kar is supposedly busy, 3 women walk out of his bedroom (presumably its his bedroom) and then the ambasssador is free again.

That old horndog.

------------------
"The Bible is a book: it is a good book, but is is not the only book" - Inherit the Wind

"I do not believe that the same God who
has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."—Galileo

hypatia@b5fan.b5lr.com

Even if it wasn't his bedroom it would not stop G'Kar from...uh...doing his business.

------------------

I don't think the diplomats' quarters had that many rooms... in other words, it probably was the bedroom. Unless it was the broom closet, but I don't think three women would have fit in there.
lol.gif

Three though...
shocked.gif
**shudders**

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers

There was also the wonderful "pink panties" scene in the episode where the Assassin is sent after G'Kar.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> "And just let me say, Ambassador, from the bottom of my heart: Hot pink is definitely your color."

Garibaldi to G'Kar in Babylon 5:"The Parliament of Dreams" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------
Do not ascribe your own motivations to others:
At best, it will break your heart.
At worst, it will get you dead."

Not to mention flirting with the Centauri women on Centauri Prime in season 5...
laugh.gif

------------------

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back