• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Can we all please shut up?

channe

Regular
You turned the tap dance into your crusade... -Billy Joel

Ok, now that I have your attention, let me ask it a bit more politely.

Can we please stop turning the Rangers forum into a haven for accusation, angry posts, pigheadness and trollish behavior?

Thank you very much.

------------------
Channe, the next JMS, who lives for the One and dies for the chocolate cheesecake
--
OnlineDude: I suppose now would not be the time to bring up the old one about the starlet who was so new to Hollywood she slept with the writer...
JMS: But that was only because she heard that in Hollywood, *everyone* screws the writer.

Yes. Yes we can.

Actually I'm not really aware of it. I live in the Off-Topic Forum.
laugh.gif

But I have noticed a lot of angry folks lately. Let's all calm down and continue counting the days down until January.
laugh.gif

------------------
"There's Snow White and the Seven Narns, Who's Your Little Pak'ma'ra, others..."
- Captain Matthew Gideon, The Needs of Earth
Rising Star

I agree, lets all just take a breath and relax and see what happens in January.

------------------
The Whitestar Salad Bar, our last best hope for peace, and a good meal too!

STOP FORCING YOUR VIEWS ON ME!!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I agree, it's all a bit silly getting worked up over something we haven't even seen yet to even form an informed opinion.
smile.gif

Thing is though there is no other Rangers news out there to talk about so that leaves the review.
frown.gif

------------------
Marc Cosgrove

"From chaos, order came. As was inevitable." -Summoning light

In another thread, I apologized for starting in on Tobias again. I'll do the same here. I hadn't seen another thread that got really nasty before I posted the question for Tobias. I'm truly sorry for adding to the negativity around here.

Tammy

------------------

"We're in here! Can anyone hear us?"
"I hear you." [giggle, laugh]
"In here!"
"We are here." [giggle, laugh]
-- Londo and G'Kar in Babylon 5:"Convictions"

Tammy's Station
http://community.webtv.net/gkarfan/TammysStation

A while back, someone around here predicted that the closer we got to the Rangers movie, the more likely we would be to encounter trolls, hostility, and generally some nasty stuff. I said that wouldn't happen, as I had more faith in people.

It was one of the rare instances where the mighty GKarsEye was wrong.
wink.gif

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKarsEye:
A while back, someone around here predicted that the closer we got to the Rangers movie, the more likely we would be to encounter trolls, hostility, and generally some nasty stuff. I said that wouldn't happen, as I had more faith in people.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Care to take a shot in the dark as to who that was? (as if this post isn't a big enough hint already)

May Valen be with you.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
You turned the tap dance into your crusade... -Billy Joel

Can we please stop turning the Rangers forum into a haven for accusation, angry posts, pigheadness and trollish behavior?

Thank you very much.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think I've been behaving lately... can I have a cookie?
smile.gif

------------------
A proud member of the Wind Swords.
"War is life and death is the only true peace."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> I think I've been behaving lately... can I have a cookie? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*Hands WD a cookie*

You've earned it.
laugh.gif

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Care to take a shot in the dark as to who that was? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**Nukem shootdodges round corner firing his akimbo Berettas into a dark corridor**

I have no idea. Who was it?
laugh.gif

------------------
Zog

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gkarfan:
In another thread, I apologized for starting in on Tobias again. I'll do the same here. I hadn't seen another thread that got really nasty before I posted the question for Tobias. I'm truly sorry for adding to the negativity around here.

Tammy

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OH, they've gotten nasty, gkarfan. Trust me. We are just an emotional lot, aren't we? And I'll say this once more, and not again: an anonymous review is a very questionable source, automatically. That's why AICN is a source I consider worth ignoring from now on.

I would LOVE to continue this debate when ulterior motives aren't highly suspicious.

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

"I think I speak for Mr. Bloom and myself when I say: you are the only director in the World who can do justice to 'Springtime For Hitler' " - Zero Mostel, The Producers

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
OH, they've gotten nasty, gkarfan. Trust me. We are just an emotional lot, aren't we? And I'll say this once more, and not again: an anonymous review is a very questionable source, automatically. That's why AICN is a source I consider worth ignoring from now on.

I would LOVE to continue this debate when ulterior motives aren't highly suspicious.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As would I.

------------------

Why don't we all start talking in cryptic-mode, like Kosh.

That way, a flame war would look like this:

Yes.
Good.
Go.
mad.gif

No.
Yes.
Good.

See the potential?

------------------
"There's Snow White and the Seven Narns, Who's Your Little Pak'ma'ra, others..."
Rising Star

At the hour of scampering.

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.
-- Harlan Ellison quoting Gustave Flaubert

drakh@spamcop.net

yes.

------------------

"I think I speak for Mr. Bloom and myself when I say: you are the only director in the World who can do justice to 'Springtime For Hitler' " - Zero Mostel, The Producers

Can any of you graphics wizards come up with an image of a scampering Vorlon for me? I'd LOVE to see it!

Even a Sinclair on a broom, maybe?

------------------

*Ding Ding*

Drakh started that thread warning us about the dangerous trolls. I remember, I remember. Because he's...Drakh...warning us about evil people. The irony!
laugh.gif

*Give me my check*

------------------
Rising Star

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:

Thank you very much.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I am in agreement here.

We really do need to calm down and get back to our mature discussions, speculations etc.

We all need to treat each other with respect even if we do not see each other face to face.

I am closing this thread now please keep the above in mind when posting.

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back