• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Calling of the Heart Chapter 8

Disclaimer: I'm not repeating it!

Chapter 8 Forgiveness

A few months passed and the Rangers went on a break for the Human holiday called Christmas. Latiya had tried to regain Delenn’s trust and respect by acting like a respectable Minbari. John had already forgiven her, but to Latiya, that was not enough.

One morning, Latiya woke up and dressed into robes. She walked to the living room in the back of the compound. The door opened and she came face to face with a very tall, colorful, and unknown tree. She was so captivated by the beauty and color that she sat on the floor and stared at the colorful ornaments for a long time. That is how John and Delenn found her a few minutes later.

Latiya felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked up to see Delenn smiling at her. Latiya looked down and then turned her gaze back on the tree. Delenn sat next to her.

“I know these past few months have not been easy for you.” Delenn said.

Latiya did not answer.

“John thought that I was too hard on you. I did not think so at first. But, I realized I was not happy. I think…I have accepted you as my own, and seeing you unhappy, made me unhappy,” Delenn paused. “My only wish was to see my children happy.”

“I was happy.” Latiya said.

“I am sorry for making you miserable.”

Latiya felt tears running down her face. “You never realized how much pain you caused me when you seemed to have withdrawn from me.”

Delenn put her arms around Latiya. Latiya hugged Delenn in return.

“I love you, Delenn.” Latiya whispered.

“I love you too, Latiya.”

They let go of each other and Latiya looked up. John stood by the doorway with David by his side. David ran over to Latiya and hugged her.

“Laya! I missed you!”

Latiya hugged him back. “I missed you too, David.”

“Laya, Christmas is coming an’ Santa Claus will be coming!”

Latiya looked up in confusion at John. John smiled.

“It’s an Earth holiday. Every year, during the winter, many of our people celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, their savior. Also, on a certain day, they exchange gifts that were placed under a tree like the one you were staring at.”

“Oh,” Latiya said, looking back at the tree. “What kind of tree is it?”

“It’s an evergreen tree. That tree is fake, since they do not transport real trees.” Delenn said.

Latiya nodded. It was strange to her, but it sounded like fun.

Written by Hope Maria Conaway. August 25, 2001.

EntilZhaDelenn

------------------
"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill yet." Galen.

"It's a shame our reality is devestating." Eve What's Going On?

"Oh, but who are they to judge us? Together we can all be strong." Alicia Keys, What's Going On?

"Oh, brother, brother, brother. There's far too many of you dying." Gwen Stefani, What's Going On?

I like it. Looks good so far.
smile.gif

------------------
"There's Snow White and the Seven Narns, Who's Your Little Pak'ma'ra, others..."
- Captain Matthew Gideon, The Needs of Earth
Rising Star

Looks great so far... How many more chapters are there?

------------------
A proud member of the Wind Swords.
"War is life and death is the only true peace."

A most intriguing tale thus far...tell me, what progress have you had thus far regarding getting your own site?

Also consider this an invitation to post on my site, as well!!

------------------
Make the jump to WyldeSpace!!

Very cute! Nice segue, too.
cool.gif

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"

Thank you.
smile.gif

------------------
"We are the universe, trying to figure itself out.
Unfortunately we as software lack any coherent documentation."
-- Delenn

War-Demon, Let's just say...there are going to be more than twenty chapters.
laugh.gif

ProfParasfoot, My dad said if I learned HTML coding, I could make my own website. I need someone to teach me how to do it, so if anyone does, please tell me.

PROGRESS REPORT: I have finally decided to turn my story that I am posting right now, into an epic tale. I mapped it out today during play practice and this is what I have so far:

Book I: Calling of the Heart

Book II: New Beginnings (This one is a maybe, because I am planning on basing this one off of an RPG I belong in and I need permission to use several characters and the plotline.)

Book III: The Sun, the Moon, and the Stars

Book IV: Keeper of my Soul

Right now, these are all working titles and I may end up adding more books. I have a general idea what Books 2, 3, & 4 are going to be about, but I need to get certain things done before I can go about with Book 2.

This may take me several years to do, because I plan on working on one book at a time. Although book one is coming slowly, I am having a lot of fun doing this and it keeps my mind off of certain things.

Tell me what you think of my ambitions and my goal, and tell me if you would be interested.

Thanks!

EntilZhaDelenn

------------------
"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill yet." Galen.

"Oh, but who are they to judge us? Together we can all be strong." Alicia Keys, What's Going On?

"Oh, brother, brother, brother. There's far too many of you dying." Gwen Stefani, What's Going On?

[This message has been edited by EntilZhaDelenn (edited October 25, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EntilZhaDelenn:
ProfParasfoot, My dad said if I learned HTML coding, I could make my own website. I need someone to teach me how to do it, so if anyone does, please tell me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

EZD, try http://www.webmonkey.com . It's generally a good site to use if you want to learn HTML. It doesn't take that long to learn, and if I can learn it, ANYONE can.
laugh.gif

Still, one doesn't really need to know HTML to make a good website. You could use Microsoft Front Page, or even Microsoft Word (by saving the document as a "Web Page"). Just upload it to the server (Tripod, Angelfire, etc.)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>PROGRESS REPORT: I have finally decided to turn my story that I am posting right now, into an epic tale. I mapped it out today during play practice and this is what I have so far:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like fun.
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>This may take me several years to do, because I plan on working on one book at a time. Although book one is coming slowly, I am having a lot of fun doing this and it keeps my mind off of certain things.

Tell me what you think of my ambitions and my goal, and tell me if you would be interested.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you on keeping one's mind of things. Sometimes writing helps me too. At any rate, I'd like to read future installments. It has a lot of potential from what I've read. Good luck!

------------------
"There's Snow White and the Seven Narns, Who's Your Little Pak'ma'ra, others..."
- Captain Matthew Gideon, The Needs of Earth
Rising Star

Well, it's not just about knowing HTML, you need to have a good image editor, skills with designing layouts and such, it's not enough to know how to write, you need to be able to write good. See, it's a lot like english, I could write a book, but it wouldn't compare to someting by Isaac Asimov...
I could teach you HTML if you want, although you don't really need to know that much of it. I prefer Dreamweaver, but right now I only have Frontpage, which isn't nearly as bad as the "pros" say it is. Seriously, most people like that piss me off intensely, you may like to do all your code in Notepad, but I don't I prefer some damn convenience. I know I can be arrogant some times, but when people start on me on how much windows sucks, and that I should use linux instead, and that if I don't know how, then I don't deserve to be on the web, well, I get an overwhelming desire to give them a good slapping.
Heh, sorry about the rant, but when you do learn and someone says you're not a designer because you don't do your pages purely in notepad like all of the 'purists' do, then just give them a good slapping and tell them to shut up.

May Valen be with you.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>you need to be able to write good <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol
I'm sorry, I never care about or pick on spelling or grammar, but the irony of this phrase was too funny to pass up.

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

That's why I don't claim to be a professional. And although I don't bother with it online, I am willing to bet I can write much better than most people.

May Valen be with you.

I call myself a professional and I *know* that there are hundreds upon thousands of people who can write better than me.

EntilZha, you don't really need to know HTML, although it will help if you want to do some minor tweaking (i.e. altering the place your photo is coming from, etc.). For my first websites, I used Microsoft Word; I'm now in the process of changing my site so that I can easily update it when I no longer have access to Dreamweaver.

There's something to be said about knowing at least a basic amount of HTML, just in case you don't have access to a graphical editor. Learn a little bit of each. If you can get access to Dreamweaver, cool, because that's the best software out there; but don't go rushing out to buy it especially if you're a beginner. Microsoft Word is fine.

------------------
Channe, the next JMS, who lives for the One and dies for the chocolate cheesecake
--
OnlineDude: I suppose now would not be the time to bring up the old one about the starlet who was so new to Hollywood she slept with the writer...
JMS: But that was only because she heard that in Hollywood, *everyone* screws the writer.

Yes, consider me a beginner in making websites. I've never done it before.
laugh.gif

UPDATE: Well, I just spoke with the founder of the RPG I am in and she said that I could go ahead with my idea for book 2! She was so excited about it. So, book 2 will be based on that RPG.

EntilZhaDelenn

------------------

From the looks of things, Channe may have some competition for the title of "the next JMS"...Zha already has the beginnings of an epic in the works!!!

Nicely done!!!

------------------
Make the jump to WyldeSpace!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back