• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Calling of the Heart Chapter 26

Disclaimer: Same as usual.

Chapter 26 Added Grief

Latiya slowly opened her eyes to see blurry figures hovering over her. She blinked a few times until she could see clearly. Delenn, John, David, Nerrel, Chantal, and an unknown person hung around her. Delenn smiled and David clapped with joy.

"Laya!" he cried.

"How are you feeling?" Delenn asked.

Latiya looked around and then tried to sit up.

"Hey, take it easy! Don’t hurt yourself!" the unknown person said as he pushed her gently down.

"Who are you?" Latiya asked.

"I’m Doctor Franklin."

Latiya nodded and looked at the Sheridans. Delenn put a hand over Latiya’s hand and David sat on the bed.

"Nerrel told us what happened. You did a brave thing, Latiya. Thank you." John said.

Latiya just closed her eyes and fell asleep, knowing she was appreciated.

Latiya woke up again, feeling relaxed but a little achy. She slowly sat up and swung her legs over the side of the bed. She got down from the bed, but her legs gave out and the bed was the only thing stopping her from falling completely down.

Doctor Franklin came in and ran to her side to help her onto the bed. She obediently let him put her on the bed. She sighed and looked glumly out the window. It was then that she noticed someone wheeling a Minbari in on a stretcher.

"Who is that?" Latiya asked Doctor Franklin.

"One of the victims of the fight you had. A blow to the head killed him. He died of severe brain damage."

"Do you know his name?" Latiya asked, assuming it was one of the Minbari she had fought against.

"His name is Furrell of the Warrior Caste. He has a brother here named Nerrel."

Latiya felt dumbfounded. Tears filled her eyes as she looked up at Doctor Franklin. "Please tell me that’s not true. Tell me it isn’t true!"

"I’m sorry, Latiya. It’s true." Doctor Franklin said sadly.

Latiya sobbed loudly as she turned away from Doctor Franklin and buried her face in her arms. She cried until there were no more tears to cry.

Later that day, Latiya was released from MedLab, and she wandered about the station, bringing a melancholy mood with her wherever she walked. Delenn found her later in the Zen Garden. Latiya sat on a bench, staring off into space. Delenn sat next to her.

"Doctor Franklin told me why you were so melancholy. But, I also heard what he did to you. Latiya, he never would have deserved your love."

Latiya broke out into fresh tears. "You don’t understand! It didn’t matter how horribly he treated me that night! I still loved him! He tried to forgive himself, but I never listened. I never accepted his apology. Now…now I love him more than ever, but I will never be able to accept his apology. I’ll never…never get to see him again."

Delenn put comforting arms around the quivering girl and tried to console her. "We will be leaving for Minbar in a few days. You will be able to move on with your life and keep Furrell in your memory."

Latiya sniffed and looked up at Delenn. She smiled and cuddled close to Delenn like a little child.

Written by Hope Maria Conaway. November 9, 2001.

------------------
EntilZhaDelenn, Future portrayer of Ambassador Delenn

"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill... yet." Galen.

"Untied we stand, divided we fall." P. Diddy What's Going On?

I live for the Pepsi, I die for the Pepsi.

Oh! Poor Furrell!

------------------
The writer's life is not meant to be a happy one. We all accept that going in. -JMS

*SIGH

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"
The Bee Five CD jacket(from Mira): "The one who sings, means no harm."

Another "wow!"

Thanks Zha for entertaining us with your story. If you write more, I will read it.
smile.gif

------------------
Lorien: Who are you?
RW: The salad man.
Lorien: Why are you here?
RW: To be the salad ambassador.
Lorien: What do you want?
RW: Everyone to know the joys of salad.
Lorien: Do you have anything worth living for?
RW: Yes, my salad bars.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back