• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Calling of the Heart Chapter 15

Disclaimer: Same as chapter 1.

Chapter 15 Sabotage

The three raced off of Minbar on a White Star in the dead of night, heading for Babylon 5. Latiya hoped that on the way, she would find clues that were going to lead to the discovery of the Sheridans. She also hoped that Chantal would not mind her absence.

She was lying on a bed, trying to get to sleep; however, she was finding it difficult to concentrate on getting to sleep. She closed her eyes, hoping to recall an image of the Sheridans. After a few weeks of not seeing them had taken its toll. She could not remember their faces.

"Hey, are you okay?"

Latiya opened her eyes to see Furrell’s sweet face. "I am tired. I need to find them, Furrell."

Furrell sat next to her as she sat up. He began to gently rub her back as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"You will find them. First, we need some clues. Sect Turvall has people analyzing that message right now. All you can do now is wait and help me train my brother."

Latiya looked up at Furrell’s face briefly. She leaned over and kissed his cheek. He hugged her tightly against him and she fell asleep in his arms.

"Ouch! That hurt!"

"Sorry!" Latiya cried as Nerrel fell to the floor.

"That’s the only was to learn." Furrell told his brother.

"I know, but does she really have to be that rough?"

"That’s how I learned. I learned from Anla’shok Cole." Latiya said.

"Really? I heard he is really good. He even defeated Neroon once." Nerrel said.

"Yes, but it was not easy." Furrell added.

"Are you ready to try again?" Latiya asked.

"Yes, just let me get up."

The computer beeped and it began to speak. "Course change to sector 100."

"Sector 100?" Latiya asked.

"That is Earth." Nerrel said.

"Come on!" Furrell called, running towards the Command Deck.

Latiya followed, ready to fight, but fearing what they might face. They raced into the command deck and saw a Human flying the ship.

"Hey! What do you think you’re doing?!" Furrell shouted.

The Human looked up quickly and smirked. "Directing your ship to where you belong."

"What are you talking about?" Latiya asked.

"My employer also has a message for you. ‘You’ll never find them. By the time you escape, you will be too late.’ I guess I can say that I helped with-"

The man never finished his sentence. Latiya pounced on him, knocking him to the floor. She punched him in the mouth and then grabbed the collar of his shirt.

"Who sent you?! Tell me before I hit you harder!"

"I’m not afraid of a weak girl," he spat.

Latiya hit him in the mouth hard enough to draw blood. The blood pooled in his mouth and he spit it out at her face. It spattered on her cheek, but she just stared at him.

"Where is your employer? Who is it?!"

"It’s someone you know. Someone who has never been far away from you."

"Latiya! The ship is on a crash course for the planet!" Nerrel shouted.

Latiya took her gaze off of the man. That was a big mistake. He punched her in the face, sending her onto the floor. He stood up and wiped off the blood trickling from his mouth. Latiya grabbed her denn’bok and extended it. She got up and hit him in between the eyes. The man fell over, knocked out or dead, she did not care which.

"We have to leave in the fighters." Furrell said.

"I don’t know how to fly a fighter!" Latiya shouted.

"We’ll guide you through it. Come on!" Furrell said, grabbing her arm and dragging her to one of the docking bays.

She got into a fighter, her stomach turning violently. She began to feel sick. She watched as Furrell and Nerrel got into fighters.

"Latiya, see a red button?" Furrell’s voice asked over the channel.

"Yes."

"Hit that button. It will make the fighter go and it will follow our fighters, okay?"

"Okay."

Latiya hit the button and felt the fighter shoot forward into space. All three fighters began racing towards the blue, brown, and white planet. She was breathing fast and her mind was spinning.

Soon, the fighters began plummeting toward the surface of the planet at an accelerated rate.

"Latiya, hold on tight. This is not going to be a smooth landing." Nerrel said.

"Where are we going to land?" Latiya asked fearfully.

"Furrell thinks we might end up in the water."

Latiya felt her breath get caught in her throat. It was then, as sensors went haywire and the alarms blaring, that they hit the water. They hit with such force that Latiya hit her head against the hull of the fighter and blacked out.

Written by Hope Maria Conaway. October 21, 2001.

EntilZhaDelenn

------------------
"There is always hope. It is the one thing no one has figured out how to kill... yet." Galen.

"Untied we stand, divided we fall." P. Diddy What's Going On?

I live for the Pepsi, I die for the Pepsi.

This should be interesting trying to find the sheridans
------------------

[This message has been edited by Shaal Mayan (edited November 11, 2001).]

Oooh, this is a good chapter!
cool.gif
smile.gif

------------------
The Whitestar Salad Bar, the galaxy's best place for parties.

Indeed. Bring it on, Zha!

------------------
In our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, until, in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom through the grace of God.
-Aeschylus

Thank you, the story is quite interesting.

And it seems that you have attended the Official Vorlon course of not telling too much at a time.
smile.gif

------------------
"We are the universe, trying to figure itself out.
Unfortunately we as software lack any coherent documentation."
-- Delenn

Oh Yeah!!!!! I am sooo selfishly happy that your computer is up & running!
wink.gif

------------------
"...abso-FRAGGIN-lutely, damn it! I have been studying your use of lauguage since our last discussion. Do you approve?"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back