• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Bad synopsis - Spoilers for S1-S5

Was looking for reviews of the DVD set, and came across the
DVD Mode web site.

This was their capsule description of Babylon 5:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
In 1994 STAR TREK had to take a backseat to this science fiction series, created by Michael Straczinski. The Babylon 5 space station has become an interplanetary peaceful negotiation center in the 23rd Century. Humans and aliens attempt to settle differences in a reasonable fashion here under the stewardship of President John J. Sheridan (Bruce Boxleitner). This boxed set comprises the entire first season covering a wide array of topics including political persecution, alcoholism, seductive slaves, religion, and the ways of the Narn.

[/quote]

Below the descriptions are links to movies featuring some of the stars of the show - including Bruce Boxleitner and Jeff Conaway, neither of whom appears until S2. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I thought the "President John Sheridan" line was not only misleading as to the content of S1, but an outrageous spoiler for the series and wrote to tell them so. We'll see if the page eventually changes.

Regards,

Joe

*snort*

You know, what people normally do is take the words directly from the press release. That's what they're for. Eeeuuughhh.

Indeed... quite a scary attempt at summarizing, to join together the first and fifth seasons. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Edit: better than nothing, I notice they also mentioned several matters specific to the first season.

I don't know that the president is that much of a spoiler.

People who add details to the IMDb are too over zealous. Instead of a name, you have to have...

Earth Force Commander/Captain Bum-Scratcher Dream Sheridan in Episode 17 and Planetary President John J Sheridan III, son of his father.

Anyway, it did say president by his name. I always assumed it'd be Earth president... but I was way wrong. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif So I don't know that it's apparant until... well, you know.

Sounds to me like it was written by someone who has never seen the show. At least not sober. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

They asked me to re-write the synopsis, and I did. The new version is up on their site now. I tried to stay within the framework of their original, rather than write something from scratch. Note that they also removed the "actor" links for people who are not in the first season.

Regards,

Joe

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back